watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We could win at Old Trafford?...

Started by General, August 20, 2012, 06:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

I know it'll be a handful keeping both Rooney and Van Persie at bay but that's the case for every team they face and I think Riise, Hangeland, Hughes and Riether have just as much chance as others...

That said, the thing which gives me most hope is the rest of our outfield - we only just lost out 1-0 last season to a dubious goal and an ungiven penalty, whilst there's also the case of having Carrick in the centre of their defence if Ferdinand is out for a long period of time, which last time happened against us we won 3-0.

Am I being optomistic? I don't think it's too absurd a suggestion to make.

AlFayedsChequebook

It is possible, but it is highly unlikely.

Personally, I think we will revert to type, lose 2-0 and generally look toothless away from home.

FOF will then go into meltdown and the fantastic work done against Norwich will be ignored.

rusty shackleford

Last season we looked like world beaters at home and then lost away week in week out.

Highly, highly unlikely to get anything at OT

alexbishop

Will wait to see how Utd look tonight but Fergie is a smart man and will know how to beat us. I think we will loose but I am hoping we will try and play with some balls at the very least.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Admin

It will be very Fulham that RVP will run riot on his home debut and smash us about the gaff. It always happens to us  :dead horse:

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 20, 2012, 06:40:04 PM
It is possible, but it is highly unlikely.

Personally, I think we will revert to type, lose 2-0 and generally look toothless away from home.

FOF will then go into meltdown and the fantastic work done against Norwich will be ignored.

To be honest, some could've used a bit of realism after Norwich. I believe we'll show better than expected at OT, but come home without any points. Some will likely need that realism then as well.

If we get those signings that Jol is speaking of and don't run into a rash of injuries, we'll improve from last season I believe. Who knows how that'll show in the table, but we'll be better.

I'm looking forward to getting to 40 pts as quickly as possible and then enjoying what we can make happen from there on in. Should be fun.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamben

Quote from: alexbishop on August 20, 2012, 06:47:56 PM
Will wait to see how Utd look tonight but Fergie is a smart man and will know how to beat us. I think we will loose but I am hoping we will try and play with some balls at the very least.
yes i remeber that time we tried to play against them using shuttlecocks. they battered us.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

If we get something then great, if we don't then its no great loss..just keep the goals down.

alexbishop

Quote from: fulhamben on August 20, 2012, 07:10:49 PM
Quote from: alexbishop on August 20, 2012, 06:47:56 PM
yes i remeber that time we tried to play against them using shuttlecocks. they battered us.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry...haha

Fulham Fan Est. 1997

Jambo

With pace.  Full backs are not their strongest part of there side.  Would take a point right now!
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Azeedo

I say we will tie this game 2-2, we have momentum going for us.  We the team we have we can compete at the highest level, we have a very strong midfield Ruiz, Diarra, Dembele have class and something to prove.  Am I being too optimistic, then again we have a true goal scorer to go with that...

the 3rd Dembele

Can't see us getting anything from this game. We're on top and I'm enjoying it as long as it lasts.

General

alexbishop

Quote from: General on August 20, 2012, 09:18:51 PM
You were all saying?!

Ahhh but we aren't Everton and possess completely different qualities to them. Don't think we are capable of playing a game like Everton are tonight (or did last season in tha 4-4)
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

sunburywhite

They have problems at centre half. Look at tonights team news:-

Long-term injury absentee Nemanja Vidic returns for Manchester United, but four other central defenders are unavailable for selection.

Rio Ferdinand injured his groin in training, joining Chris Smalling, Phil Jones and Jonny Evans on the sidelines.

Michael Carrick could deputise at the back while new £24m striker Robin van Persie is set to make his debut.

Vidic is set to return for the first time since sustaining knee ligament damage last December. It is not yet known how long Ferdinand will be out, but scan results are expected on Monday.

Smalling is expected to miss another six weeks after surgery on a broken metatarsal, while Jones is struggling to overcome repeated back spasms.

Evans had ankle surgery in May and returned to training earlier this month, but did not take any part in the club's pre-season matches.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fernhurst

Quote from: the 3rd Dembele on August 20, 2012, 09:09:43 PM
Can't see us getting anything from this game. We're on top and I'm enjoying it as long as it lasts.

I agree with you Dem 3
I was there for our last attempt to wrestle 3 points at OT.... And I fear we will have a similar outcome especially if they get beat tonight (losing 1-0 in 73min)

Anyway welcome to FoF and I will indeed enjoy the only week of the season we are atop' the pile
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Berserker

Very true, can't see us winning, but i'm a glass half empty person where away matches are concerned
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulhamben

i said the other day we would win, and was slated with people telling me its their best team on paper ever. well i stand by it as paper doesnt win games. we will still be top of the league come saturday night.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

epsomraver

Rooney looked about as fit as he did in the Euros, this is a good time to play them early on, they normally get better as the season goes on.

Mike

1879 a good year for football