News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How good are Hamburg - our next opponents!

Started by CorkedHat, April 08, 2010, 11:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Hamburg are currently sixth in the Bundesliga with 45 points, just two more than Wolfsburg. They have won eleven games, seven at home and four away in 29 matches.
Interestingly they have scored 21 goals at home but 27 away.
Statistically we should not fear them any more than we did Wolfsburg
We should be reasonably confident going into this tie - who thought we would be ever writing a post like this?

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

blingo

Hi CH I have just spoken to a very good friend of mine in Belgium who seriously knows his football. He says that altho Hamburg are high up the bundesliga that they are definitely beatable and perhaps not quite as good as their league position right now. He watched the Hamburg/Standard game last night and is of the opinion that altho a decent side we can turn them over and reach the final.

Maybe its fate, but our next EL games being possibly Hamburg (to get a feel of the ground) CC and then back to Hamburg for the final, has rather a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

As far as BLINGO is concerned, WE GO ALL THE WAY.

Jimpav

Not that this is much to go by but Celtic - that other giant of Europe and SPL silver medallists managed to draw 1-1 with Hamburg in their group stage. They lost 0-1 at home though.

finnster01

I think the hamburgers are quite good.
I like mine with a bit of good old sharp English cheddar cheese on it though  :030:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Aztattooedsean

I follow the Bundesliga just as much as I do the EPL.  Hamburg were very good for the first half of the season although they had many injuries.

The problem of late is that once they started to slump a little, it doesn't seem to be that their coach can figure out ways to stop the slide.

That said, they have remained consistent in their Europa league matches.

Fulham will be better off to make sure they go into Hamburg on that first leg to try to get at least 1 away goal.

Lighthouse

You don't find yourself in the Semi Final without being tasty.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Abbotsbury White

As mentioned they started of well in their league,lately they have 1 win in the last 7 league games and that was against the Bottom Club (our old mates Hertha)they have also just been beaten by Borussia who are fighting relegatin,they played Wolsfberg late Jan and it was 1-1,their top scorer has 9 goals in total,they also have a certain Ruud Van Nistelroy.So overall I would make it 50-50 who wins, now if I had been offered that back in July to make the final not only would i have bitten your arm off I would have said I'll run naked down the Fulham Palace Road.. :dft010: :dft010:
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

blingo

CorkedHat

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

finnster01

I hear Malcolm McDonald will be in the stand and licking his chops

Tktd

Quote from: blingo on April 09, 2010, 10:52:49 AM
Hi CH I have just spoken to a very good friend of mine in Belgium who seriously knows his football. He says that altho Hamburg are high up the bundesliga that they are definitely beatable and perhaps not quite as good as their league position right now. He watched the Hamburg/Standard game last night and is of the opinion that altho a decent side we can turn them over and reach the final.

Maybe its fate, but our next EL games being possibly Hamburg (to get a feel of the ground) CC and then back to Hamburg for the final, has rather a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

As far as BLINGO is concerned, WE GO ALL THE WAY.

Couldn't agree more. Hamburg, away first, in the final stadium. Get used to the final stadium - atmosphere etc. 2nd leg in London at the cottage in front of home crowd... we know we can beat Juve 4-1 and if we produce another performance like that of last night then expect that to be a realistic chance of progressing. Then the final... Whoever we play we'll have played there before.

Hamburger sandwich?!...

Hamburger - cottage - hamburger...

blingo

you took your time there CH but I knew you would Ketchup in the end  :005:

finnster01

I reckon we can repeat the Europa League quarter pounding in the semi's  :58:

timmyg

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

blingo

Jimpav

watfordwhite

No he is only baned from domestic matches. :014:

Brede Butter Pudding

not much to go by I know but this is from a mate of mine who lives in Germany and is football mad, he's coming over for the West Ham game because he hates Italians and is desperate to see them go down!

"It's good that the return match is in Craven Cottage, so you can see the deciding match, I think you can beat Hamburg, they are good but not to strong, have a really good chance to meet Liverpool in final!"

Pata

Hamburg have really gone off the boil since the winter break - a very indifferent 3-5-4 record in the league and they do have their defensive problems - on the road in Europe since the winter break they shipped 3 in Eindhoven and 4 in Brussels.
I'm fat, I'm Scouse