News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone know what has happened to Simon Davies?

Started by Birmingham White, August 21, 2012, 08:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birmingham White

He seems to of vanished recently... is he injured?

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

cebu

I seem to remember Jol mentioning him being injured during preseason but haven't seen anything since. I hope he's OK.

MasterHaynes

he went to Germany and Switzerland and played in a number of the friendlies so he is still about, i think he had a little niggle which knocked him out of contention for one of the bench places

Birmingham White

Thanks it would be good to see him on the bench again soon.

Jamie88

I'm not sure Jol is going to use him much, if at all this season to be honest, I think I recall an interview where Jol even said words to this effect.

twang

Steve_orino

Miss the guy...

He'll be a great trivia answer 10 years from now!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

Admin

Like I said on a previous post which I got slated for, I think Simon Davies career at Fulham is over. The last injury did it for him and he has never returned the same player. 33 this October.

FC Silver Fox

He came on as a sub at the friendly in Nice for the last 15 minutes or so. Nothing extraordinary but he looked quite fit.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Terry Angus

Quote from: Admin on August 21, 2012, 10:14:46 PM
Like I said on a previous post which I got slated for, I think Simon Davies career at Fulham is over. The last injury did it for him and he has never returned the same player. 33 this October.

i wouldn't have slated you for this; i agree. he's a hero but his day has been and gone. i don't think he's got the pace or skill to beat a defender and a winger that can't beat a defender is of no interest to me or martin jol. i hope we give him a backroom role, though, like i'd like us to have given murphy.

ScalleysDad

That must have hurt! When I did a running repair on the kids rabbit hutch I got that bitumen tar stuff from the felt all over my hands. Flippin difficult to get off as well.

HatterDon

I think you're absolutely right about this. I think that MAF is willing to pay him for the one last season out of gratitude for how the man busted his butt every time he got on the pitch. He has been a model professional and a highly talented player.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BarryP

Quote from: HatterDon on August 22, 2012, 12:27:05 AM

I think you're absolutely right about this. I think that MAF is willing to pay him for the one last season out of gratitude for how the man busted his butt every time he got on the pitch. He has been a model professional and a highly talented player.

Both of these posts seem to have a ring of truth about them. With Kacankilic and Frei moving up the ranks someone was going to lose playing time along the way.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."