watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why are some of you on here so snide about the Dempsey situation

Started by mccscratch, August 22, 2012, 04:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itombomb

I don't think Dempsey wants to go anywhere other than Liverpool or an actual big club, so I imagine he will refuse to move even if we agree a fee with a mid/lower table side.

If Liverpool lose at the week-end, there will be a big clamour from the fans to do something and he will be off for £6-8mill on deadline day.

Jack Fulham

Clint doesn't want to play. He is the best player? Fans annoyed? Huh

Scrumpy

I'm not happy with the Clint situation, but I think Jol has been 'selective' with his words. I don't think Clint has ever downright refused to play, but I am sure he has made it clear that he wants a move. Jol and the Management have decided to try and engineer this move to some degree, on the pre-text that Clint is not in a fit frame of mind to play.

I can't help remembering the year of the Great Escape. Around about January, when we looked very likely to go down, Clint signed a long term deal with the Club. That showed commitment and loyalty at a time when we really needed it. So I am sure this is all six of one and half a dozen of the other. He's still a good guy in my book.

(PS I am not an American).
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: mccscratch on August 22, 2012, 04:01:49 AM
that you would say something as ridiculous as Dempsey accepting an offer from West Ham? I have seen it from several posters and I keep thinking... surely you are not that ignorant?

If Clint and the club do not get an offer from a top 6 side or another CL caliber team from the Continent... he is not taking the move and will see out his contract...

Clint has been very clear about his desire to play at the highest levels of the game to fulfill his personal goals and never has mentioned anything about his weekly wages... EVER... West Ham could only potentially offer higher wages and nothing more... there is not a chance in HADES that he would go there so please stop with the baiting snotty comments about it...(each of you know who you are)

So Clint's ambition has been downgraded from `the Champions League' to `a top 6 side or another CL caliber team'.

How much further behind Liverpool were Fulham last season?

And it was reported that at least West Ham have shown enough commitment to put in an offer.

Ordar

Unfortunately for Dempsey, he may have stated the urge all last season to play for a CL team, but no CL team thinks he's good enough.

He's currently been linked with Liverpool, Wet Spam and Sunderland. Not exactly mind blowing options.

We should stick to the £12m valuation. Liverpool will most likely lose all their games until the window closes, and Rodgers will be under pressure to buy him. Bish, Bash Bosh. We have 12m for a 29 year old who doesnt want to be here anymore. They have a player than wont fit into their system. Everyones a winner.

Yes he was an important player for us LAST season. So was Murphy and Pogrebneyak. Not missed any of them so far...

YankeeJim

Question for the Mods: Why do you keep renaming and recopying this thread. This is like the 10th one. Everyone is telling the truth except Dempsey. The press would never lie and besides Dempsey is 'merikan.
:dead horse:  :dead horse:  :dead horse:  :dead horse:  :dead horse:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Quote from: mccscratch on August 22, 2012, 04:27:35 AM
Quote from: Fulham Far East on August 22, 2012, 04:21:06 AM
I rather see him stay. With the line up that we have now, Demps could still be a positive player in our squad. I dont think Kaca can last the whole season, we need someone to help him in that position

I recognize that some of you are very offended by the thought of Clint supposedly going on strike (I was livid) but we all saw Jol back track a quite a bit the very next day... it seems quite certain that Jol wants him to play for us again if no serious offers come in... Anyone that thinks an unsold Clint past Sept 1 is not immediately back into our starting XI once fit again is fooling themselves...

This situation is exactly the same as Mark Schwarzer's Arsenal demand and the moment he was still here past the window he played... it will be the same with Clint... I love Kaca too but he is nowhere near Clint in ability right now.

Also let me head this off before I see people claim it... Yes Kaca plays a little wider and Martin has a tendency to prefer wider wingers... but if you watch all of our goals and good scoring chances... they all came through the middle (other than the corner Petric scored on)... where we played lovely combo football in the middle of the park and only occasionally with Riise providing overlapping width so don't come on here spouting delusions of grandeur about Kaca sending in by line cross after cross... Clint will replace him if he stays.

Why do posters, in an attempt to defend Dempsey, have to make snide remarks about another player. That is a very low and unpleasant form of argument.  

And the Schwarzer situation was not the same. Schwarzer didn't initiate the event by saying he wanted to move. Arsenal at least made a bid but it was too low for us to accept and they did not improve it. More fool them and look at the mess they have been in with goalkeepers.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Rupert on August 22, 2012, 09:51:09 AM
I really think the whole thing stems from that article Dempsey penned last season, where he revealed that he was a life-long Fulham fan, who had been brought up on stories of Haynes and Mullery, who spent his youth going to the Cottage to be inspired by greats such as Jim Hicks, Stacey North and his boyhood hero, Cliffy Carr, who worked his way through the US college system with the single-minded aim of one day pulling on the white shirt of FFC and who had now fulfilled his life's ambition and was going to stay with us until he retired. Also, his wife is hot.
And we supporters, fools that we are, believed him.

Well, no more.

I can, in fact, reveal that Duplicity Dempsey is actually an American! Yes, he hails from Texas, USA, not Findlay Street, SW6 like we all believed. Worse than that, he only came to Fulham to further his career, so it was not because he loved the club and would have willingly paid to play for us. That shrine we created, in the Riverside Stand, block X, row 6, seat 42? Demolish it! Dempsey never sat there at all in his youth. He hadn't even heard of us until Brian McBride joined us, in common with all US citizens other than HatterDon and Ridgerider.

No, the man is a fake, a fraud, a charlatan and we, the fans, are absolutely justified to be outraged by this, and Dempsey deserves all the approbrium we can heap upon him.

However, his wife really is hot.
You totally miss the point, no matter how you dress it up, mind not focused, did not want to get injured, wanted to stay in UK to talk to potential suitors, he refused to play for us, something that is frowned upon regardless of what team or whatever player is involved.

This is why the Fulham fans that help pay his wages with their own hard earned wage have turned on him. We all accepted that IF a club came in with a reasonable offer he was off and good luck to him.

The manner in how he is trying to achieve his goal has achieved only one thing so far and that is to destroy a lot of goodwill and affection for him from Fulham supporters.

We all have favorite players but support Fulham come rain or shine, have no reason to question their version of events especially over a players vague statement.

Quote from: Ordar on August 22, 2012, 11:52:34 AM
Unfortunately for Dempsey, he may have stated the urge all last season to play for a CL team, but no CL team thinks he's good enough.

He's currently been linked with Liverpool, Wet Spam and Sunderland. Not exactly mind blowing options.

We should stick to the £12m valuation. Liverpool will most likely lose all their games until the window closes, and Rodgers will be under pressure to buy him. Bish, Bash Bosh. We have 12m for a 29 year old who doesnt want to be here anymore. They have a player than wont fit into their system. Everyones a winner.

Yes he was an important player for us LAST season. So was Murphy and Pogrebneyak. Not missed any of them so far...

+1

. . . though I fear Dempsey's behaviour has not only damaged his reputation but his value and that we will be lucky to get £6m for him now.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: JBH on August 22, 2012, 07:46:04 AM
On another note, Clint Tweeted that there are 2 sides to every story and the truth will come out shortly.

Well Clint we are still waiting! Haven't you and your agent been able to create a story yet atferall its not like you have anything else to do at the moment :028:
By which he probably means that the club want to sell him. And why wouldn't they after he's caused such a fuss and looks very unlikely to sign an extension.

Bassey the warrior

Why exactly wouldn't he fit into their system? I see no reason.

jarv

Rupert

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 22, 2012, 11:58:03 AM
I really think the whole thing stems from that article Dempsey penned last season, where he revealed that he was a life-long Fulham fan, who had been brought up on stories of Haynes and Mullery, who spent his youth going to the Cottage to be inspired by greats such as Jim Hicks, Stacey North and his boyhood hero, Cliffy Carr, who worked his way through the US college system with the single-minded aim of one day pulling on the white shirt of FFC and who had now fulfilled his life's ambition and was going to stay with us until he retired. Also, his wife is hot.

Well, no more.

I can, in fact, reveal that Duplicity Dempsey is actually an American! Yes, he hails from Texas, USA, not Findlay Street, SW6 like we all believed. Worse than that, he only came to Fulham to further his career, so it was not because he loved the club and would have willingly paid to play for us. That shrine we created, in the Riverside Stand, block X, row 6, seat 42? Demolish it! Dempsey never sat there at all in his youth. He hadn't even heard of us until Brian McBride joined us, in common with all US citizens other than HatterDon and Ridgerider.

No, the man is a fake, a fraud, a charlatan and we, the fans, are absolutely justified to be outraged by this, and Dempsey deserves all the approbrium we can heap upon him.

You totally miss the point, no matter how you dress it up, mind not focused, did not want to get injured, wanted to stay in UK to talk to potential suitors, he refused to play for us, something that is frowned upon regardless of what team or whatever player is involved.

This is why the Fulham fans that help pay his wages with their own hard earned wage have turned on him. We all accepted that IF a club came in with a reasonable offer he was off and good luck to him.

The manner in how he is trying to achieve his goal has achieved only one thing so far and that is to destroy a lot of goodwill and affection for him from Fulham supporters.

We all have favorite players but support Fulham come rain or shine, have no reason to question their version of events especially over a players vague statement.

Please excuse me if I try to avoid turning this into a "you miss the point, no, you miss the point, no, you...." type exchange.

I do not have a spycam on the wall of Martin Jol's office, security took it off me when I went on the Motspur Park tour, and I strongly suspect that you do not, either, as those lads were fully alert when we rolled up.
So, we are all reacting to reported words and motives which, in the past, have turned out to not be the full story (Saha's sale, for example, over Coleman's dead body but with the full blessing of the CEO so we could pay to revamp the Cottage).
So, I refuse to get drawn in unless, however unlikely, we hear the same story from both parties.

Clint has apparantly tweeted that there are two sides to every story, perhaps in time he will give us his, possibly he doesn't want to burn his bridges right now in case any move fails to materialise, Jol himself has hinted that Dempsey deserves better from us.

So, for now I reserve all my options, and I will not look like a prize fool in a few months from now if we are all hailing Clint smacking in the winner for us in the League Cup final, other people are busy digging themselves into a hole, should that happen.
And that is the sole point I am willing to make right now.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Berserker

Well as i'm enjoying a tea cake in M&S so am at peace with the world at the moment, could i ask that there be a bit of calm about Dempsey, well at least until we hear some fresh news, then that will no doubt be another frenzie. Also i'd like to add that  Dempsey is hot as well as his wife, although that doesn't affect my opinion of him regarding the transfer carrying ons!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

mccscratch

[/quote]

Please excuse me if I try to avoid turning this into a "you miss the point, no, you miss the point, no, you...." type exchange.

I do not have a spycam on the wall of Martin Jol's office, security took it off me when I went on the Motspur Park tour, and I strongly suspect that you do not, either, as those lads were fully alert when we rolled up.
So, we are all reacting to reported words and motives which, in the past, have turned out to not be the full story (Saha's sale, for example, over Coleman's dead body but with the full blessing of the CEO so we could pay to revamp the Cottage).
So, I refuse to get drawn in unless, however unlikely, we hear the same story from both parties.

Clint has apparantly tweeted that there are two sides to every story, perhaps in time he will give us his, possibly he doesn't want to burn his bridges right now in case any move fails to materialise, Jol himself has hinted that Dempsey deserves better from us.

So, for now I reserve all my options, and I will not look like a prize fool in a few months from now if we are all hailing Clint smacking in the winner for us in the League Cup final, other people are busy digging themselves into a hole, should that happen.
[/quote]

Someone actually gets it. Top class post Rupert
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

BarryP

Quote from: Rupert on August 22, 2012, 01:12:29 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 22, 2012, 11:58:03 AM

Well, no more.

Rupert, you really are missing the point.  Sarah Brookes said Dempsey refused to play so that is that and we have no other option but to believe her.  Jol hinting that Dempsey deserves better and reserving your options. Come now, stating that you really don't know what happened and trying to sort out the what transpired through reason. What kind of fan are you sir?   Same kind as me I guess. :doh:

I wish I could close with something like Nogood "trying to spit the Sarah Brookes bit out of your mouth is it" Boyo without violating the FOF copyright rules. Just to make the legal disclaimer: The above thoughts are not those of Nogood Boyo and in no way can he be held responsible for my insanity.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I can't belive that there is anyone out there that cannot see that in a player v club dispute (any player and any club) the vast majority of the fans will side with the club...

ToodlesMcToot

If The Pog was "important" for us last season, he'd still be here.

Murph was important, but we were only ever going to offer him 1 yr deals b/c of his age. He found a better deal with more stability than we felt comfortable with.

And as far as not missing anyone, we've played one match......against Norwich. And they did plenty to help us score against them. Let's not start counting our chickens yet.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

LordNelson

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 22, 2012, 02:00:13 PM

Murph was important, but we were only ever going to offer him 1 yr deals b/c of his age. He found a better deal with more stability than we felt comfortable with.

And as far as not missing anyone, we've played one match......against Norwich. And they did plenty to help us score against them. Let's not start counting our chickens yet.
:plus one:
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 22, 2012, 02:00:13 PM

Pog was important last season because scored some goals (sound familiar?) when he replaced Zamora. He is not with us because, like Murphy, he found an offer better than we were prepared to give him.