watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kasami vs Man Utd

Started by rhyspabsolom, August 23, 2012, 03:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhyspabsolom

I was just listening to Football Weekly Extraaaa where they summed up Everton vs Man U and did a short preview to our trip to Old Trafford.

We weren't given too much of a chance and the main reason was that Utd's downfall on Monday was Fellaini and Fulham don't "have a Fellaini".
The closest they mentioned was Diarra, a classy yet steely midfielder.

I had a quick think and decided that the closest thing we have to the Belgian behometh is Kasami. An energetic yet technically able battering ram.

Do you think Kasami could feature against United?
Is there someone else who is closer to Fellaini's style?

Disclaimer:
I'm not suggesting Kasami is as good as the Evertonian.
I'm not asking if Kasami should START - who would he replace? - just if he might be a tactical pick if things aren't going well.

AlFayedsChequebook

Whilst I dont think that we will get anything from Old Trafford, my personal preference would be to simply play our own game.

If Carrick plays in defence again, not only does it significantly weaken that area, but it also creates problems in their midfield. I think that Diarra and Dembele could wrestle control of the midfield and we would have a shot at getting a result.

As for Kasami, I enjoyed his cameo appearance on Sat and would definitely bring him off the bench if we are struggling, even if it just to add a spark, probably to replace Duff.

horse1031

we do not have a fellaini but i think we have a mixture of that in diarra and dembele.  Ruiz is def. not:)

Diarra because he is tough and more the battering ram...  dembele is technical but yet can nick the ball off of anyone.  Heading wise we do not have a Fellaini except for maybe the center backs.

earlbeatty

I saw Kasami play in the friendly at Walton Casuals and he was woeful, therefore I was pleasantly surprised by his cameo performance on Saturday!!

I've always been a fan of his and hopefully we'll see a bit more of him this season, as for the Man U game, I reckon we should just stick with the same line up from last weekend and give it a right old go!!

I have a feeling in my water (oh damn - there it goes again!!), that we could cause an upset at OT this weekend, feel they are there for the taking!!

EB

GodfatherJol

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 23, 2012, 03:26:20 PM
Whilst I dont think that we will get anything from Old Trafford, my personal preference would be to simply play our own game.

Agreed. If Carrick is in defence, then why bother with our usual away tactics? It's always dire to watch and it so rarely results in anything of merit for us; if we can expose United's frailties, then that's what we should do.

elgreenio

he's not aggressive enough. Let Petric and Ruiz turn Carrick in circles (assuming he'll be at CB again) with their movement instead of the battering ram approach
touch my camera through the fence

BalDrick

Whilst it probably means nothing, Kasami has been given the squad number 8 I think - tend to find fringe players in the higher teens rather than single digits.

Nobody has a Fellaini, amazed they've kept him as long as they have frankly, brilliant player who destroys us single-handed every time
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

CH FFC

Wouldn't Trotta be a closer match to him than Kasami?

Jack Fulham

The closest thing we had to a battering ram was Zamora. We just ain't gonna play them like Everton did. As AFC says, we will play are own game.

zander

Quote from: Jack Fulham on August 23, 2012, 04:23:58 PM
The closest thing we had to a battering ram was Zamora. We just ain't gonna play them like Everton did. As AFC says, we will play are own game.

Jol alluded to that in his post match interview. We don't have that physical/direct option up top, but Jol seemed to suggest that he wanted to add someone who could provide that.

FFC1987

Not convinced Kasami is that type of player but hey I've never seem him play as one so not sure. I think Kasami is going to be a great player though!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on August 23, 2012, 03:19:46 PM
I was just listening to Football Weekly Extraaaa where they summed up Everton vs Man U and did a short preview to our trip to Old Trafford.

We weren't given too much of a chance and the main reason was that Utd's downfall on Monday was Fellaini and Fulham don't "have a Fellaini".
The closest they mentioned was Diarra, a classy yet steely midfielder.

I had a quick think and decided that the closest thing we have to the Belgian behometh is Kasami. An energetic yet technically able battering ram.

Do you think Kasami could feature against United?
Is there someone else who is closer to Fellaini's style?

Disclaimer:
I'm not suggesting Kasami is as good as the Evertonian.
I'm not asking if Kasami should START - who would he replace? - just if he might be a tactical pick if things aren't going well.
Kasami is nothing like Fellaini. He's nowhere near as physical, more technical, not as good in the air.

MasterHaynes

I think Everton are far more physical all round the pitch than we are, Fellani is the driver of the tank. We always get seem to get steam rollered Everton as do many other teams, hopefully we may get some redress this season by moving the ball quicker and letting btheir players chase round after the ball.

HatterDon

We may not win, but I think Carrick will be having nightmares about Ruiz for weeks after Saturday.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Terry Angus

i've been given a lot of grief for questioning his ability on here, so now i'm gonna raise a few eyebrows by saying i think dempsey is definitely the closest thing thing we have to that all-round midfield monster, felliani.

i'm now going to lower those eyebrows by adding that i think felliani is, however, superior to dempsey in every respect

rhyspabsolom

A resounding no then....

There's no denying that Kasami is an absolute unit and if Jol implies that using his gerth might get him more playing time, Pajtim might well have a go at smashing through United's backline fairies.

nevzter

[quote author=Terry Angus link=topic=24032.msg297806#msg297806 date=134576495
I'm now going to lower those eyebrows by adding that i think felliani is, however, superior to dempsey in every respect
[/quote]

Fellaini is class, that is a fact.  The rest of your post is fallacious.  And I remember that time Fellaini scored more than 8 in the league, yeah, that was a great season for him...oh wait, never happened.  

Cheers, Beef.

Wasn't this thread about Kasami?

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

FFC1987

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on August 24, 2012, 05:18:02 AM
A resounding no then....

There's no denying that Kasami is an absolute unit and if Jol implies that using his gerth might get him more playing time, Pajtim might well have a go at smashing through United's backline fairies.

Like I said, everytime I've seen Kasami, he hasn't been used as a ram.

He's a good techincal player (going on his u21 career) and as much as he is a mesomorph, I don't think he has the Demps agression which I agree is most likely to emulate Fellani's performance. Shame the situation is as it is but if anyone could be a ram with no Clint available, potentially kasami could fit the bill.

I love the fact you depict him like the incredible Hulk, smashing his way through and 'gerth' ha