Main Menu

Dempsey Shame.

Started by nose, August 24, 2012, 10:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Senior Supporter on August 24, 2012, 09:44:44 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on August 24, 2012, 02:48:06 PM
Quote from: Senior Supporter on August 24, 2012, 01:47:50 PM
I think your summation of events is close to the truth Ordar, and in line with what mccscratch posted on another thread last night, and attributed to two American journalists that he respected.

It seems that before the transfer window opened Clint's agent was made aware of the fee we would accept, but that when MAF found out about the tapping up and reports of a "done deal" in various places, without Fulham having been consulted, he was furious and upped the price. We also made the complaint to the Premier League.

Clint is supposedly keeping a low profile on the advice of the club, as they try to protect him from any personal repercussions from what has happened.

I should point out that I am just repeating what mccscratch reported, and do not have any personal knowledge, but it does seem to dot all the i's and cross all the t's.

I think this is rather towards the speculation end of the spectrum.

We do not know in what way, or even if, the agent was made aware of the fee that we would accept. Also, any fee would most likely be the minimum and surely would not be fixed as the club would be hoping for an auction with other clubs involved and the best possible fee.

This is the first that I have seen that MAF was involved let alone furious. I don't remember that in mccscratch's piece. Can you point to some evidence?

I'll keep this brief because the subject has been done to death. You ask for mccscratch's references to MAF's involvement. In his initial post mccscratch claimed that after the website fiasco MAF "pulled the number back and raised it considerably" then, in a later response concerning the website revelation, he says that "MAF was pissed about it".

Thanks. Rather colourful language but if I was Chairman and saw the Fenway site then I might well feel inclined to do the same.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Berserker on August 24, 2012, 10:14:28 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on August 24, 2012, 09:16:38 PM
I have a bottle of 2 Buck Chuck, some habanero cheese and a box of Triscuits. Come on over.

Whats Triscuits?

Triscuits are a whole wheat cracker. Sort of like a compressed Shredded Wheat with a bit of salt. Quite good with cheese of any type or a smoked sauage or both.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Logicalman

First Class Post.

From everything I think I know about all this mess (which is minute compared to what I actually DO know about it), this seems to sum up exactly my thoughts, as I see it.

Quote from: Ordar on August 24, 2012, 11:33:22 AM
Heres what I think has happened.

- End of season Dempsey tells Jol he wants to move to a CL side. The club agrees to sell Dempsey to one if a reasonable bid is received.
- Over the summer no bids are received. Dempsey looks at the PL's CL teams and realises that none want him.
- While away on USA duty, he is approached by Henry or another member of the FSG, who paint a magical and totally fictional vision of making Liverpool a super power again, and bringing CL football back to Anfield. They tell Dempsey that he will be signed.
- Dempsey comes back to Fulham spouting the news that the deal with Liverpool is done. Club is confused as they havent received a bid from Liverpool
- Someone at the FSG gets confused with the term "done deal" and posts a video on the website confirming Dempsey as a Liverpool player. Chaos breaks out
- Rodgers is given his budget for the season. He's already blown 9m on Borini (wtf!?), and wants to sign his man love, and massively over rated ineffectial midfielder Joe Allen from his former side. Spitting in the face of the agreement signed to not come in for Swansea players.
- Swansea play hardball over Allens valuation so Liverpool have to pay the buy out on his contract, a ludricus £15m. Visions of last years Henderson deal. This becomes the laughing stock of the transfer world.... until Sunderland bid 15m for Fletcher...
- Rodgers is compelled to talk about Clint Dempsey in interviews, saying he's someone they're interested in
- Rodgers realises that he's now blown his transfer budget for the year on 2 very average players, solving none of Liverpools problems. Liverpool continue the farsical transfer activity by claiming Daniel Agger is worth 25m... everyone laughs.
- Dempsey tells Jol that he's not committed to Fulham, so Jol does the only logical thing he can do and leaves his out of the squad. Dempsey remains under the illusion that he can move teams without a bid being received.
- Liverpool get taken apart by WBA. Agger gives a defensive masterclass on how not to defend, Joe Allen is totally ineffective in midfield, and the world forgot Borini was at the club let alone playing. Liverpool once again become a laughing stock by bringing on Crock Cole when losing 2-0 only to see Darren Anderton's clone do his hamstring for the 234th time in his career in under 10 minutes.
- Rodgers "who doesnt criticise referees" criticises the referee in time old Liverpool tradition to deflect the blame away from his side. Shockingly trying to get Martin Škrtel to play out from the back doesnt work, who could have guessed.
- On the same weekend, a Fulham side full of guile and confidence destroys Norwich 5-0 to silence the nay-sayers. The side looks balanced and dangerous
- Having lost so heavily interest in Dempsey is seemingly reignited. Rogers is told he needs to sell to get funds. Unfortunately Adam and Carroll are happy to sit on the bench on their extravogant salaries, rather than moving to play.
- Fulham complain to the FA about Liverpool's blatant tapping up. The world prays for a Roma-esque transfer embargo.

I'd personally be on the phone to Roma asking for a Stekelenburg - Dempsey swap...

Hazey

Classic...made me laff Big O!

Quote from: Ordar on August 24, 2012, 11:33:22 AM
Heres what I think has happened.

- End of season Dempsey tells Jol he wants to move to a CL side. The club agrees to sell Dempsey to one if a reasonable bid is received.
- Over the summer no bids are received. Dempsey looks at the PL's CL teams and realises that none want him.
- While away on USA duty, he is approached by Henry or another member of the FSG, who paint a magical and totally fictional vision of making Liverpool a super power again, and bringing CL football back to Anfield. They tell Dempsey that he will be signed.
- Dempsey comes back to Fulham spouting the news that the deal with Liverpool is done. Club is confused as they havent received a bid from Liverpool
- Someone at the FSG gets confused with the term "done deal" and posts a video on the website confirming Dempsey as a Liverpool player. Chaos breaks out
- Rodgers is given his budget for the season. He's already blown 9m on Borini (wtf!?), and wants to sign his man love, and massively over rated ineffectial midfielder Joe Allen from his former side. Spitting in the face of the agreement signed to not come in for Swansea players.
- Swansea play hardball over Allens valuation so Liverpool have to pay the buy out on his contract, a ludricus £15m. Visions of last years Henderson deal. This becomes the laughing stock of the transfer world.... until Sunderland bid 15m for Fletcher...
- Rodgers is compelled to talk about Clint Dempsey in interviews, saying he's someone they're interested in
- Rodgers realises that he's now blown his transfer budget for the year on 2 very average players, solving none of Liverpools problems. Liverpool continue the farsical transfer activity by claiming Daniel Agger is worth 25m... everyone laughs.
- Dempsey tells Jol that he's not committed to Fulham, so Jol does the only logical thing he can do and leaves his out of the squad. Dempsey remains under the illusion that he can move teams without a bid being received.
- Liverpool get taken apart by WBA. Agger gives a defensive masterclass on how not to defend, Joe Allen is totally ineffective in midfield, and the world forgot Borini was at the club let alone playing. Liverpool once again become a laughing stock by bringing on Crock Cole when losing 2-0 only to see Darren Anderton's clone do his hamstring for the 234th time in his career in under 10 minutes.
- Rodgers "who doesnt criticise referees" criticises the referee in time old Liverpool tradition to deflect the blame away from his side. Shockingly trying to get Martin Škrtel to play out from the back doesnt work, who could have guessed.
- On the same weekend, a Fulham side full of guile and confidence destroys Norwich 5-0 to silence the nay-sayers. The side looks balanced and dangerous
- Having lost so heavily interest in Dempsey is seemingly reignited. Rogers is told he needs to sell to get funds. Unfortunately Adam and Carroll are happy to sit on the bench on their extravogant salaries, rather than moving to play.
- Fulham complain to the FA about Liverpool's blatant tapping up. The world prays for a Roma-esque transfer embargo.

I'd personally be on the phone to Roma asking for a Stekelenburg - Dempsey swap...

At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club