watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A question for everyone

Started by HatterDon, August 24, 2012, 09:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

This bothers me every transfer window. We have a lot of recommendations from English and American members on this board to sign this player from the

Spanish League
French League
German League
Dutch League
Russian League
Greek League
Romanian League
Ukranian League
Polish League
Czech League
Slovakian League

etc. etc. etc.

How do you guys manage to watch all these leagues enough to know who's good and who isn't? I'm happy watching 3-6 Prem matches every weekend and the occasional Championship match. You must be spending a fortune on television and travel to watch all these leagues, and you must do pretty much nothing but.

I'm kind of envious if you are actually seeing all these guys play. But are you really?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

They read Goal.com. & have a Twitter account/
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

craven-raven

Im strictly premier league. Do look up results of other leagues, mainly La Liga and Serie A. I use Wikipedia & Youtube for research, although its not a great method!
COYW!!!

Herbie

Until its announced on the offal, I don't take any notice of rumours.  I'd rather just watch the football.

Berserker

I watch more when it gets dark in the evenings, otherwise i'm outside doing stuff. Anyhow i don't know much about the players mention until i google them
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

fulhamben

surely every true fan watches every league so that we can make recomendations to the people that come on here and pretend to be fans. no same as you but i do take in the odd champs league game if it looks to be decent. italian and spanish football bores the pants off of me. and i wouldnt even know where to watch germans french and dutch
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mr_Moon

Ultimately depends on time of years & schedule but I'll watch between 15 and 30 games a week online. It helps that the leagues I follow have varying kick off times and days too.

Berserker

Bloomin heck Mr Moon, that's one busy schedule!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Mr_Moon

I've had quite a lot of free time recently, won't have quite so much soon. I managed 8 games in a day a few weeks ago, with two games on the go at once. It's actually surprisingly easy to follow. You just have to concentrate!

I'm planning on watching 4 games tomorrow and 3-5 on Sunday.

Senior Supporter

I suspect a lot of the "knowledge" some people have of players from the minor foreign leagues comes from computer games like FIFA. This is obviously not so in Mr Moon's case!  065.gif   

ffcitaly

I'm also focused on the Premier League.Clearly I follow also the Serie A and some Liga.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Berserker on August 24, 2012, 10:00:58 PM
I watch more when it gets dark in the evenings, otherwise i'm outside doing stuff. Anyhow i don't know much about the players mention until i google them

Yeah me too. When it gets dark I am outside watching people doing stuff. So far I have only been caught three times by ...oh hold on Madame Mod that isn't what you wrote. Forget I said anything :dft001:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

zander

Quote from: Mr_Moon on August 24, 2012, 10:13:13 PM
I've had quite a lot of free time recently, won't have quite so much soon. I managed 8 games in a day a few weeks ago, with two games on the go at once. It's actually surprisingly easy to follow. You just have to concentrate!

I'm planning on watching 4 games tomorrow and 3-5 on Sunday.

Thats commitment!!! I try and watch what I can through online streams but as you said it depends on kick off times etc. I often end up just catching highlight shows online as you get a broad knowledge of what is happening in each league. Serie A is the only league I make the effort to watch several games in because I write about it for a website.

nevzter

I don't watch full matches of any clubs except Fulham and San Jose Earthquakes.  But, given the chance on the weekend, I'll watch 15-20 minutes of assorted matches from some of the following: Championship, La Liga, Bundesliga, Seria A, Mexican Primera, MLS, Ligue 1 and Brazil.  DirecTV carries myriad league matches now (probably 2-3x more than just a couple of years ago).

However, I'd never be able to say "X" player should be transferred on that basis alone - but, I may be able to recognize his name!!!!! 078.gif

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

Mr_Moon

Quote from: zander on August 25, 2012, 12:14:59 AM

Thats commitment!!! I try and watch what I can through online streams but as you said it depends on kick off times etc. I often end up just catching highlight shows online as you get a broad knowledge of what is happening in each league. Serie A is the only league I make the effort to watch several games in because I write about it for a website.

I'm not a huge Serie A fan although I could happily watch it. The one thing that makes me want to cry is when ESPN televise rugby on a Friday night instead of Serie A or Bundesliga. Russian football has the best kick off times ever. The Russian Prem never has fixture clashes and the FNL (2nd tier) is during the week. If you want then it's very much possible to watch a whole gameweek, although you'd have to be unemployed or a student ha.

I remember last year at university. If I didn't have my work done by Thursday daytime then there was no chance of it being complete for Monday. The NFL takes up all of Sunday evening too (can't wait for it to start).

zander

Quote from: Mr_Moon on August 25, 2012, 01:49:24 AM
Quote from: zander on August 25, 2012, 12:14:59 AM

I'm not a huge Serie A fan although I could happily watch it. The one thing that makes me want to cry is when ESPN televise rugby on a Friday night instead of Serie A or Bundesliga. Russian football has the best kick off times ever. The Russian Prem never has fixture clashes and the FNL (2nd tier) is during the week. If you want then it's very much possible to watch a whole gameweek, although you'd have to be unemployed or a student ha.

I remember last year at university. If I didn't have my work done by Thursday daytime then there was no chance of it being complete for Monday. The NFL takes up all of Sunday evening too (can't wait for it to start).

I grew up just watching Serie A really on Channel 4, with the legendary James Richardson of course! Due to that its always been a league I've been drawn too. I couldn't agree with you more about Friday nights on ESPN. I'm surprised channels dont show a lot more continental football. The Premier League is great but every weekend having to put up with commentators say 'its the best in the world' and 'most exciting' does my head in!!

Thursday through to Monday I know too well. It had quite an impact on my work ethic at Uni to say the least, only wish I was graduating next summer and not the one just gone.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

On English Sky, we have an additional sports channel 'ESPN' which you pay for to recieve the extra footage. We initially got it to watch the Premier League games they show but I've since been sucked into watching the various leagues they also show footage of. Sky Sports have the rights to Spanish league football and a lot of their weekend games kick off at like 10pm over here because of the cooler weather conditions.

It's not as hard as you seem to state it is but saying that, I do have a lot of time on my hands.

hesedmedia

1) Football Weekly
2) Football Manager
3) FOF
4) Five Live podcast

Those are my sources :P, don't know how anyone here in the U.S. could find the time to watch Ligue Uerngh or Eredivisie or whatever.

fulhamben

just been watching a bit of juve. it bored me i turned off.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

LRCN

from the informed opinion i hear and read