watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Something Inamoto...

Started by Edwatch_Winston_Malone, August 24, 2012, 09:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

We once had a foreign player, the pride of his nation and he was followed by many of his countrymen. They swore allegiance to the club beyond their support of the countryman but could only really see him and his importance, which they believed to be greater than anything else at this club.

He scored some important goals, in domestic and European football and was the pin up for his nation. They bought shirts of a club they had never really heard of before he joined them and proudly wore them with his name emblazoned on the back.

Sadly he left the club and now, just a few short years later, none can be seen and few can remember "something Inamoto"...

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on August 24, 2012, 09:29:22 PM
We once had a foreign player, the pride of his nation and he was followed by many of his countrymen. They swore allegiance to the club beyond their support of the countryman but could only really see him and his importance, which they believed to be greater than anything else at this club.

He scored some important goals, in domestic and European football and was the pin up for his nation. They bought shirts of a club they had never really heard of before he joined them and proudly wore them with his name emblazoned on the back.

Sadly he left the club and now, just a few short years later, none can be seen and few can remember "something Inamoto"...

Junichi Inamoto, cracking little player. I remember the thunderbolt he scored against us in the Carling Cup back in 05/06, if the net and stand hadn't been there, that ball would still be travelling, it was hit that hard
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Herbie

The Intertoto, we won it one time

Travers Barney

train home that night after the 1-3 and his goal was amazing..played vets the next morning and was awful down at old wimbledonians....nicked a goal and we won 1 nil however....remember that feeling of not wanting to wake up case it never happened...gettin back  to the train it was a boogaloo with loads of leicester rugby fans....going backwards again pre getting on the train.... had a couple in that upstairs bar at piccadilly and this bloke snogged me and said he'd been waiting all his life for this moment...bit oot if you ask me.

poured down back to the station

programme left under the seat...still upsets me that

back tomorrow taking the wife..28 year anniversary.....25/08/1984...lost 1-2 at home to shrewsbury town

we have never had it so good

coyw
We are the whites

zander

Might be hard to tell but he's the player in my avatar. I'm hoping it brings a bit of luck for tomorrow, another 3-1 wouldn't be too shabby would it?

BarryP

Quote from: Travers Barney on August 24, 2012, 09:53:32 PM
train home that night after the 1-3 and his goal was amazing..played vets the next morning and was awful down at old wimbledonians....nicked a goal and we won 1 nil however....remember that feeling of not wanting to wake up case it never happened...gettin back  to the train it was a boogaloo with loads of leicester rugby fans....going backwards again pre getting on the train.... had a couple in that upstairs bar at piccadilly and this bloke snogged me and said he'd been waiting all his life for this moment...bit oot if you ask me.

poured down back to the station

programme left under the seat...still upsets me that

back tomorrow taking the wife..28 year anniversary.....25/08/1984...lost 1-2 at home to shrewsbury town

we have never had it so good

coyw

Happy anniversary to you and the Mrs!
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

fulhamoto

we are champions of the intertoto  :scarf:

Nick the Swede

Walking In-a-moto wonderland!
:Haynes The Maestro:
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

mccscratch

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on August 24, 2012, 09:29:22 PM

I see what you did there...  :hook:

BTW... shove this in your flag pole holder...  starsnstripes
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

luckylindy

:hook: I'll bite too.  He'll fade too, as will everyone else on the team.  Hope he is remembered for his goals that saved and established FFC in the PL, and for the longest service for the club in the PL years despite multiple managers.  :wine: 

TheDaddy

From winkypeg Inamoto isn't in a motor hes on his bike playing for Kawasaki Frontale now !

Wonder what that tastes like Front ale that is !

Hard grafting player and yes that thunder bolt  :54:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Mike

We may have lost his fan base but we haven't lost the English fan base from those days when we had some English players, so I think there is a possibility of keeping our American fans.

COYW.  000en.gif
1879 a good year for football

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Mike on August 25, 2012, 08:54:04 AM
We may have lost his fan base but we haven't lost the English fan base from those days when we had some English players, so I think there is a possibility of keeping our American fans.

COYW.  000en.gif

I agree, as long as we move to the USA...

Nick the Swede

COYW.  000en.gif

The Scandinavian fan base found Fulham long before we ha loads of Norwegians at the club. Over the years we've had loads of Swedes and Danes at Fulham but we, the Scandinavian fans, all stick around no matter who comes or goes. I think, and hope, the Asian behaviour is just that. Asian!

You can change or replace most things in life, but NEVER your football club.

Berserker

We'll keep some, we'll lose some, same as if any of Fulhams internationals leave. That's life. Personally I'd like to keep as many fans as possible where ever they live
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

LBNo11

...that is in the nature of Korean and Japanese fans, they support the player, not the club, and follow him wherever he goes. I think the majority of our colonial cousins have already trodden on the path and will complete the journey. The downside of Dempsey leaving is that we will attract fewer fans from the USA...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Nick the Swede

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 25, 2012, 01:29:13 PM
The downside of Dempsey leaving is that we will attract fewer fans from the USA...

Playing the devils advocate here, but he's not lost... just yet...

fulhamoto

Quote from: Nick the Swede on August 25, 2012, 01:19:08 PM

COYW.  000en.gif

The Scandinavian fan base found Fulham long before we ha loads of Norwegians at the club. Over the years we've had loads of Swedes and Danes at Fulham but we, the Scandinavian fans, all stick around no matter who comes or goes. I think, and hope, the Asian behaviour is just that. Asian!

You can change or replace most things in life, but NEVER your football club.

Agreed . I followed fulham when inamoto joined the club. When he left, I stayed. Loved everything about fulham, won't have it any other way. Pretty sure I'm not the only one

HatterDon

I was wondering last Saturday if Fulham would lose English support with only Sidwell being  000en.gif but now with Briggs you have  000en.gif 000en.gif so some of you will be staying with the club now, I assume.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel