watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dembele is simply world class

Started by Bradstow, August 25, 2012, 05:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradstow

He is probably the most gifted footballer I have seen wear a Fulham shirt since the Maestro (Best and Moore excepted as they were past their prime when they played for us). If only we would show more ambition in our signings to support him he may be tempted to stay for I believe he really does enjoy playing for us. As much as I want that it would be wrong to deprive him of the opportunity to prove himself amongst the European elite.

The sad thing is that unless we raise our sights and our ambitions we will never be able to hold onto any player who shows anything approaching his abilities.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

LordNelson

When a client comes and wants to hire you, but you don't want them as a client but you also don't want to alienate them; a common tactic is to quote them a fee you know they can't pay.  It's what's happening to Dempsey and what they should do with Dembele as well.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

alexbishop

Quote from: LordNelson on August 25, 2012, 05:25:22 PM
When a client comes and wants to hire you, but you don't want them as a client but you also don't want to alienate them; a common tactic is to quote them a fee you know they can't pay.  It's what's happening to Dempsey and what they should do with Dembele as well.

Difficult if he has a min fee release clause.

Dembele was ridiculously good today.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

craven-raven

Fingers crossed we can keep hold of him during the next 7 days! Be gutted if we lost Dembele but kept Clint  fp.gif
COYW!!!

PokerMatt

He really was outstanding. Really, really good. He could play for any team in the world.

The gamble, I guess, is: do we keep him and risk him leaving on a free in the hope we can do enough for him to want to stay (top 6, which even might not be enough) or do we cash in and try to find the next Dembele?
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Bassey the warrior

He's not world class. That's an over used term. But he's certainly got the potential. He was truly outstanding today and last week. He's definitely good enough to get in that Man Utd team. Better than Cleverly. The one negative from the game is how well he played. I hope Spurs get Moutinho and Ferguson is happy with what he has already.

mccscratch

Quote from: The Moose on August 25, 2012, 05:37:44 PM
He's not world class. That's an over used term. But he's certainly got the potential. He was truly outstanding today and last week. He's definitely good enough to get in that Man Utd team. Better than Cleverly. The one negative from the game is how well he played. I hope Spurs get Moutinho and Ferguson is happy with what he has already.

No...can't agree with you on this one... he is indeed world class. He could slot in for any top top top side in Europe and fit right in.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: mccscratch on August 25, 2012, 06:02:12 PM

No...can't agree with you on this one... he is indeed world class. He could slot in for any top top top side in Europe and fit right in.
See for me world class is the elite group. Just playing for the best teams in the world doesn't make you world class. There's a select few players that count as world class.

itombomb

Depends what you mean by world class. He'd start for every team in the league and most in Europe.

He's worth £20million easy.

mccscratch

Quote from: The Moose on August 25, 2012, 06:04:01 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on August 25, 2012, 06:02:12 PM

See for me world class is the elite group. Just playing for the best teams in the world doesn't make you world class. There's a select few players that count as world class.

so the best 5 at each position say?

I always define world class as... you would be hard pressed to find anyone even marginally better.... from what I saw of him today... he was world class. Nobody could have done what he did better.

btings

He was incredible today.  I lie in bed worrying about that release clause.

Mr Fulham

I very much think United will make a bid ... exactly what they need.

I'd settle for 10-12m.

itombomb

Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 25, 2012, 06:11:31 PM

I'd settle for 10-12m.
Which in quality terms, would be an absolute steal.

fulhamben

i think dembele needs to add goals to his cv to become world class
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

YankeeJim

I think I saw O' Red Nose reaching for his check book after that stoppage time shot by Moose. He was clearly the best midfielder on the pitch.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Basil

Puts Dempsey to shame with how he tries to engineer dream move. Virtuoso performance away at Old Trafford versus sitting at home sulking.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: itombomb on August 25, 2012, 06:14:21 PM
Quote from: Mr Fulham on August 25, 2012, 06:11:31 PM

I'd settle for 10-12m.
Which in quality terms, would be an absolute steal.
Yes.

itombomb

Quote from: fulhamben on August 25, 2012, 06:15:25 PM
Xavi and Modric are both world class (and better than Dembele) and neither are at all prolific.

mccscratch

Quote from: itombomb on August 25, 2012, 06:20:38 PM
Xavi and Modric are both world class (and better than Dembele) and neither are at all prolific.

I would pick Dembele over Modric... stronger on the ball, better defensively.

fulhamben

Quote from: itombomb on August 25, 2012, 06:20:38 PM
maybe not but they still score more than dembele. and he does not really have many assists too does he
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.