Started by Herbie, August 26, 2012, 09:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Yeah been watching Reading on the tele, looked good if rather wet
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Oasis at Wembley supported by Kasabian, The Enemy and Reverend and the Makers. What a show!

I've seen Justin Bieber live too...

Mitch

Quote from: Berserker on August 27, 2012, 10:09:23 AM
Yeah been watching Reading on the tele, looked good if rather wet
It was wet, but it wasn't soaking if that makes sense? Scattered showers rather than any torrential pour down. I've got sunburn, so it wasn't a wash out at all, but needed my kagool for sure!

cmg

Early 1968  - St Mary's College, Strawberry Hill - Cream.

(How the college managed to book them at this late stage in their short career, I don't know - but they also had Floyd and Led Zep round about this time.)

MOR :

Best gig...probably "Live Aid"-Wembley followed by Rolling Stones at Knebworth with Lynyrd Skynyrd,Todd Rundgren's Utopia, 10 cc, Hot Tuna and the Don Harrison Band.

Also saw "Mott The Hoople"at The Hammersmith Odean and the support band was a little known band just starting out called "Queen"...

But like most I've seen loads of band but the one I've seen the most is "Be Bop Deluxe" fronted by the talented Bill Nelson...just brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCvWqNo8TWc#

Gozorich

The Who over thirty years ago at Wembley, I think. Also about the same time Dr. Hook - wasn't great but good fun.

Sheepskin Junior

Tough call.
Capital summertime ball 2011 at Wembley was pretty good (example was easily the best)
Take That opening show at Wembley 2011
Kaiser Chiefs at the Hammersmith Apollo this year. Amazing night
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

mikie

Guns n Roses wembley stadium 1992... supported by Soundgarden and Faith No More.... really hot day as well... fantastic concert ever and ive been to a few....

The Equalizer

Quote from: The Bronsons on August 26, 2012, 10:10:44 PM
I saw AC/DC in the Nashville in Fulham in about 1976. They had just come over from Australia and it was free entry as they weren't very well known. Absolutely brilliant.

If I could go back in time, though, I'd go see the Lurkers at the Red Cow in Hammersmith. Happy days.

My mates Emergency Bitter played with The Lurkers in the New Cross Tavern a few months back, cracking band, and I'm mates with Arturo Bassick on Facebook! Lovely fella.

My best gig: probably The Smashing Pumpkins at the Fleece in Bristol in 1994. I've been to a few corkers this year though: Happy Mondays and 2 Stone Roses gigs were phenomenal, but Rancid at Rebellion Festival was bloody incredible!

I've also got a real soft spot for Fleetwood Mac at Earl's Court in 2003. Brilliant night that one.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

dtowndough

Black Crowes.  And my favorite gig was probably Black Crowes at Red Rocks, 07/09/12 with North Mississippi Allstars opening.  close 2nd would have been Primus playing filmore denver. 

jarv

Recently, the Pink Floyd cover band from Australia biut I don't think any of them are from Australia. I have seen them 5 years in a row in Boston, brilliant. Shut your eyes and not only does it sound so accurate that some songs you would think they are actually miming to the song it is so exact.

Great lights show too and Gilmour endorses them all the way.

Way back, in the 60s, Brighton....zoot money followed by spencer davis (with Stevie Windwood) almost 4 hours all for 10 bob.

Aaron

Given that I have been going to gigs for almost 20 years now it's a bit odd that the majority of my favourites have been in the last few years..

I've seen them 19 times but Pearl Jam in Belfast 2010 is a stand out one for me..  First time I ever saw them play Tremor Christ which was a bit of a treat same for No Way.  Oslo this year is also definitely up there.

Chris Cornell in the London Palladium this year was also borderline life changing, the same can't be said about his shows with Soundgarden sadly.

dtowndough

Quote from: Aaron on August 27, 2012, 06:50:02 PM

Chris Cornell in the London Palladium this year was also borderline life changing, the same can't be said about his shows with Soundgarden sadly.

aaron, sad to hear that about Soundgarden these days.  I saw them many years ago at Lollapalooza in new orleans and they were great.  Also saw them in new olreans headlining and loved it.

os5889

Quote from: Herbie on August 26, 2012, 09:23:30 PM
BBC 3 are currently showing the Foo Fighters' headline set from Reading Festival live and If I could only choose one more gig to go to ever it would be the Foo Fighters. They truly do rock, even more so if you see them live at a gig! (i couldn't find a rock emoticon)   :drums:

It got me wondering what mixture of musical tastes we have amongst the FoFers.  I know we sometimes have the music threads on here, but what are the best gigs that you've been to?  Any funny stories? Anyone met their idols?

Just back from Reading, Foo Fighters headline set was truly awesome, perfect set list, kept the old fans and new fans happy, crowd was insane and my legs still hurt!

HillingdonFFC

A load of us saw Morrissey at the National Kilburn in 1991, brilliant gig and epic pre show piss up , some poignant memories as two of the gang are sadly no longer with us.
Favourite ever was Pixies at Brixton on their 2004 reunion tour, awesome and quite emotional as I missed them live first time around, passed up a chance to see them in Crystal Palace in 1991 and regretted it for years after

David Allen Crankshaw

The Kinks at The Apollo in Manchester in the 1970s.

bill dando

few come to mind yes at crystal palace circa.1970
pink floyd olympic stadium munich 1973.
rod stewart and faces oval circa.1971
saga polyedro caracas 1982
although not there niell tennant at glastonbury looked brill...
made in essex