watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

west ham away

Started by fulhamlewie6, August 27, 2012, 07:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamlewie6

many of you going to west ham away? noticed under 16 tickets are £1! me and my mate are a bit older but are thinking of risking it and getting two £1 tickets, does anybody know if they are strict there? ie do youngsters often get asked for id, if the ticket system bar coded?

LRCN

try risking it, worst that can happen is a waste of an afternoon and a couple of quid.

Walsh

Quote from: fulhamlewie6 on August 27, 2012, 07:57:11 PM
many of you going to west ham away? noticed under 16 tickets are £1! me and my mate are a bit older but are thinking of risking it and getting two £1 tickets, does anybody know if they are strict there? ie do youngsters often get asked for id, if the ticket system bar coded?

1. Under 16's don't have ID so if they ask say I am only in school what ID do I need I can phone my mum.

2. They normally send adult tickets.

3. The turnstiles are most probably scan so nobody will even check your ticket.

3. if worst comes to worst you can upgrade your tickets (my mates have had to upgrade before)

So go for it if you look sort of young.

SouthfieldWhite

will i get away with it?  092.gif

epsomraver

Hold hands with your mate, no one will challenge you then :005:

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: epsomraver on August 27, 2012, 09:27:59 PM

But i dont have any mates, what do i do now, please advise

Walsh

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 27, 2012, 09:30:38 PM

Ask somebody outside the ground if they mind holding your hand while you enter the ground.

Berserker

In West Ham, bit dodgy if you ask me!
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Walsh on August 27, 2012, 09:32:46 PM
Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on August 27, 2012, 09:30:38 PM

Ask somebody outside the ground if they mind holding your hand while you enter the ground.

Im a very shy person and dont like asking people anything

any other advice

Berserker

Speak in a higher pitch than normal as if your voice hasn't broken and wear a billy badger rucksack. I presume yr male but if you were female you could giggle alot, wear pick and sparkly things. I will just add i never did any of that as i was a bit of a tomboy
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ScalleysDad

Not wishing to come across as the unadventurous old fart here but our much maligned gate staff are supposed to be doing id checks and the online ticket office also now states that id will be required on the gate. The system is that efficient now it pointed out to Caitlin that she would be over 21 come the Sunderland game even though she was attempting to buy the ticket weeks before her birthday. Now if you bear in mind that gate staff get uber efficient at derby games and this £1 ticket malarky is just asking to be abused then I suspect you are going to need a bloomin good story.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: ScalleysDad on August 27, 2012, 10:28:50 PM
Not wishing to come across as the unadventurous old fart here but our much maligned gate staff are supposed to be doing id checks and the online ticket office also now states that id will be required on the gate. The system is that efficient now it pointed out to Caitlin that she would be over 21 come the Sunderland game even though she was attempting to buy the ticket weeks before her birthday. Now if you bear in mind that gate staff get uber efficient at derby games and this £1 ticket malarky is just asking to be abused then I suspect you are going to need a bloomin good story.

So are you saying i wont get away with it 092.gif

ScalleysDad

Just a big fat might not thats all and I'd hate to see you stranded outside the gates once you have shown all around you where you were headed. If you don't push your luck and confidently stick with sixteen in November with the back up info like birthday, school year, star sign good luck to you. As has been said those wishing to blag being under 21 have it harder as we have loads of id by the time we reach 18 these days. Good luck if you go for it!

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

When Everton play West Ham, they  stop them before the turnstile to check tickets.  That is because Everton buy a disproportionate amount of childrens tickets and it shows up on the stats.  The turnstile supervisors are wise to that and so they may be wise to you.  But saying that, all they do is send you to the ticket office to upgrade your ticket..