watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

value for money

Started by spikey norman, August 27, 2012, 10:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

a survey in one of the sunday papers yesterday stated that last season the total cost for a fulham fan to watch the whites play was £2,944 based on travel,replica shirt,ticket,food and programme - i worked out that i forked out approx £1800
anyone reckon they shelled out nearly £3000 last season?

same survey worked out that cost per win for us was £199.55 placing us in 16th place in premier league above qpr,norwich,sunderland and villa
for the amount of money you paid out last season do you think you got value for money?
by the way man city fans (no suprise) got best value for money

chiefo

Frightening went put in black and white look that. Hate to think.

spikey norman

i know - spent loads more during our europa cup run to hamburg and still paying off the credit card bill now

Berserker

Yep if i take into account  home, going to Holland for the Twente match, plus some other away matches i reckon it's over the £2,000. Probably as i have to travel 140 miles round trip to home matches that pushes the travel costs up.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Alternative

It is a strange way to look at life.

I don't buy programmes or shirts anyway but, for me the Twente match was an excuse to visit a country I had not been to before. So I look on it as general holiday expenditure.

Season ticket is around £23 a match. To me that is the cost. Getting round London, having a drink or a bite to eat are things I would be doing anyway, though maybe not in the vicinity of Craven Cottage.

Berserker

I agree, going to Fulham is a day out, it not just the game it's the rest of the day as well. Also the Twente game, i wanted to go to Amsterdam for a weekend at some point anyway, but would never have travelled over to the FC Twente ground, so that part of the expense could be counted as a relevent cost
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Boggers

I always chuckle when Boggers Senior tells me he adds up all the costs in his head during the drive back if Fulham lose:

£7 for two mochas at Reading services
£80 petrol for the round trip
£30 in the pub on beer and food
£3.50 on a programme
£100 on tickets

'To watch that shower of sh*te'  092.gif

Of course he never has those thoughts if we win!
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

David Allen Crankshaw

Last season there were trips to Krakow, Odense and Twente which included travel and hotel costs. I'm a season ticketholder and have to travel from Manchester for each home match. Weekday home matches include the cost of an overnight hotel stay. I certainly spent more than £3000 last season.

zzamora

Is it worth it?

Every penny.

King_Crud

I'd just spend the money on hookers and blow otherwise

General

For the most part I cycle to the games. I only every now and then buy a programme nowadays and I haven't bought a club shirt since the Betfair one... Think that brings down my total quite significantly.

ffcitaly

I have even higher costs coming from Italy.But it's work every pound..so euro for me! COYW!

YankeeJim

So what was the value for the money if a trip to Sheffield today?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

earlbeatty

The only thing close to value for money for me last night was the three bottles of beer for 7.00 in the pub before the game!!

EB