News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sheffield Wednesday... Really? Really? REALLY?!?!?!

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, August 28, 2012, 09:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

How many times do we go into the League and F.A Cup each season thinking we can do well and then we go and balls it up like this? I mean STEPHEN KELLY at RB? What has Chris Baird done to keep himself out of the team? He can go at full back wither side, anything better than Matthew Briggs?

090.gif
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

kempkong

Baird played and we clearly thought we were going to walk this round with a poor team and a weak bench.
Just shows what will happen to fulham if we lose some key players.
We need a reaction from jol!!!!!!

Wil

Rhys Lightning 63

@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

horse1031

Was always going to be a tough game.  They are a good in form team that is a tough game at Hillsborough.  We lost our most influential attacker before the game (Ruiz)and the only left back that is healthy is Briggs.  Yes, i agree we should be playing lower league teams off the park but we barely ever do that.  I thought our midfield didn't show up and Dave from what is sounded like was too isolated.  If we lose Dembele, we go from a really good team to a mediocre one pretty quick.  Clint would have probably scored today and we need a player like him that is tough and can nick a goal.  Petric would have done well today as well.  I think if Jol really wanted to go for a win he could have brought on Diarra but maybe thinks this cup is not worth it.  kind of stinks but true.

bill taylors apprentice

While I agree with your initial comments about throwing it away I cannot accept the selection of certain players was the problem.
Too many times in recent years we have struggled to beat lesser teams in the cups (and league) due to some kind of attitude problem and we could be talking about any combination of players
Any side we put out should be able to give the likes of Sheff W a game, but yet again it wasn't the classic underdog raising their game and playing a blinder, it was our poor attitude and sloppy performance that lost us the game. I really believe its time we got a sports psychologist in to look at the problem.    

Berserker

Well at least it showed up our weaknesses, and if Jol needed to persuade the powers that be at Fulham not to sell our key players, plus buy some more in I think this game has done it.

If we are going to be short of depth until January it was probably wise not to go forward with this cup anyhow

I am still disappointed but trying to put a philosophical spin on it
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

ffcitaly

Quote from: Berserker on August 28, 2012, 10:02:26 PM
Well at least it showed up our weaknesses, and if Jol needed to persuade the powers that be at Fulham not to sell our key players, plus buy some more in I think this game has done it.

If we are going to be short of depth until January it was probably wise not to go forward with this cup anyhow

I am still disappointed but trying to put a philosophical spin on it

I agree mod,better to be positive!

btings

I don't know if there's tape of this game available anywhere, but if there is, Ruiz detractors should watch it carefully.

Lighthouse

It proved that if you play a system like Jol wants you need to actually have a player in midfield that is creative and players who can sit deep and defend. You need wide players to do damage. So Kelly and Briggs were not the problems. Players make mistakes but that side should have walked it. BUT NO SHOTS ON TARGET. Please.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope