watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thread of optimism.

Started by Tomo, August 29, 2012, 12:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomo

Mousa has deservedly earned himself a chance at challenging for silverware so I feel that we should not hold him back. He is 25 years old and has a good 6-7 years left in him. Let's say that we now keep Dempsey? (Haven't heard much regarding the Sunderland rumor considering it was a done deal two days ago) Perhaps Jol has been informed by MAF that one of the Dem's has had to go. Personally i'm happy with Richardson, he is a very positive attacking player with a good left peg. 

I think we should be happy for Mousa, he has given us many amazing performances and his attitude has always remained professional. If Dempsey was now to sign a new 4 year deal as well as getting Gomis in and and a new center midfielder I feel that we would be in a very stable position. 

Everything is very gloomy at the moment, I think we should keep our chins up after two very good performances in the League we really do not need the 'Capital One Cup' and in all honesty from listening on the radio it sounded as if we were beaten by a Sheffield Wednesday side who are in very good form.

Roll on the end of the window, and here's to 3 points on Saturday!  :beer:

Keep Calm and Carry on!
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Yarden

he is not challenging for silverware, he is going to spurs.

Tomo

Quote from: Yarden on August 29, 2012, 12:47:10 AM
he is not challenging for silverware, he is going to spurs.

Let us be realistic, Spurs have a better chance at winning the FA Cup, Europa League, Capital One Cup.

It's a step in the right direction for him, Spurs could be the next step on the Ladder.

Who knows two years down the line he could be playing for the likes of Real Madrid, hope we've added a sell-on clause.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

Mr_Moon

Thankfully Redknapp isn't in charge of Spurs anymore so they might take the Europa League seriously. Nothing worse than a club doing their best to be eliminated.

OldBrownShoe

Knowing Spurs he may be challenging for a place on the subs' bench!  How many more midfielders do they need? It is a midfielders graveyard.

is the fee really just £12m? Do these "big" clubs just bully us into selling cheap?  If Swansea can get £15m from Liverpool for Joe Allen...!

Now we will see if Martin Jol and his scouts have done their stuff.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Apprentice to the Maestro

Dembele would be better off waiting for Man. Utd. or another consistent Champions League club.

JBH

I would actually expect a counter bid from MAN U or Arsenal this morning.

bulgariawhite

The BBC states he is having a medical at Spurs. That seems a done deal, unless there is a hick up with personal terms. You have to remember if the 15m offer comes in, we are contractually obliged to inform the player and allow him to talk to them. You cannot blame the board their hands are tied legally. Yes it is sad news but was always on the cards. We just have to move on,

JBH

Quote from: bulgariawhite on August 29, 2012, 07:09:13 AM
The BBC states he is having a medical at Spurs. That seems a done deal, unless there is a hick up with personal terms. You have to remember if the 15m offer comes in, we are contractually obliged to inform the player and allow him to talk to them. You cannot blame the board their hands are tied legally. Yes it is sad news but was always on the cards. We just have to move on,

At last someone else has woken up and told it how it is :54:

MJG

In the end when we signed him and put the clause in the thought of getting 15M for him would have been a bit pie in the sky.
Its still a decent price for a player who still really has a lot to prove and has to improve a number of things within his game.
Most Fulham fans had never even heard of him when he joined and I hope Jol & the scouting team have another hidden gem ready to bring in.
Its business as well, we are not a big club in that sense of the word ,and while we have made a profit a couple of times in the last few years we still need to balance the books.

At the moment we need to bring in another 4 players I think before Friday night, at least 2 need to what is considered first team starters, not squad players. The money is there now for at least a couple of decent signings, lets see if Jol is allowed to spend it.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: MJG on August 29, 2012, 07:19:55 AM
In the end when we signed him and put the clause in the thought of getting 15M for him would have been a bit pie in the sky.
Its still a decent price for a player who still really has a lot to prove and has to improve a number of things within his game.
Most Fulham fans had never even heard of him when he joined and I hope Jol & the scouting team have another hidden gem ready to bring in.
Its business as well, we are not a big club in that sense of the word ,and while we have made a profit a couple of times in the last few years we still need to balance the books.

At the moment we need to bring in another 4 players I think before Friday night, at least 2 need to what is considered first team starters, not squad players. The money is there now for at least a couple of decent signings, lets see if Jol is allowed to spend it.

Do you really believe that will happen?  I fear we will only sign squad players and only one of those will be brought in.

MJG

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on August 29, 2012, 07:26:03 AM
Quote from: MJG on August 29, 2012, 07:19:55 AM

Do you really believe that will happen?  I fear we will only sign squad players and only one of those will be brought in.
I hope so and I'm trying to believe that the club and Jol know what they are doing. If come saturday what I wrote does not happen I would be really worried.

Berserker

Jol would probably leave later on if he doesn't get the boards backing in the transfer window, as most managers tend to do. Therefore i beleive the club has plans to bring in alternative replacements to the Dems, as they are not stupid, or are they
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Berserker on August 29, 2012, 07:38:53 AM
Jol would probably leave later on if he doesn't get the boards backing in the transfer window, as most managers tend to do. Therefore i beleive the club has plans to bring in alternative replacements to the Dems, as they are not stupid, or are they

I don't think their stupid, but I think they are playing a dangerous game with our Prem survival.

FulhamMic

Jesus!  090.gif

Do you honestly believe the club would let Dembele and Dempsey (I know nothing's happened yet) go without having worthy replacements in mind, or even lined up? The fact that bigger clubs have been sniffing around for a long time for both players will have no doubt worked in our favour, as it will have afforded Jol and his scouting team ample time to find those replacements.

Lets all just calm down and reassess things Saturday shall we 093.gif

White Noise

Brace yourselves for a torrid time ahead. The last time Fulham fans declared themselves generally satisfied following the closure of a transfer window Mafeking had just been relieved.

Berserker

Very true White Noise, well said
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Basil

Lighthouse

It is not just the Dems going that is causing frustration. The squad lacked quality and depth before. Not sure the players we are bringing in improves us from last season. So that in itself is frustrating. There simply isn't time to bring in the players we need to match the squad quality. We are looking at short term fixs in the hope that long term something happens with the youth squad.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

JBH

Quote from: White Noise on August 29, 2012, 08:07:50 AM
Brace yourselves for a torrid time ahead. The last time Fulham fans declared themselves generally satisfied following the closure of a transfer window Mafeking had just been relieved.

I can assure you that when I got back from Mafeking I was not satisfied with the buys we made, especially when I found out the new striker was a Zulu!