watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'll give the club until Saturday morning 00:01

Started by CincyFulham1, August 29, 2012, 06:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzamora

They don't mean it Cincy. This whole thing is a massive overreaction, and people are attacking each other left right and centre.

I certainly don't question your loyalty after your thread.

fulhamben

is that an arsenal top as your avatar picture?  064.gif i feel your pain too mate.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Doctor

Quote from: ddeuce on August 29, 2012, 10:10:29 AM
They don't mean it Cincy. This whole thing is a massive overreaction, and people are attacking each other left right and centre.

Missed the thread in question, but never a truer word spoken.  Reactions on messageboards are always extreme...seems people need to vent at one another

AlFayedsChequebook

I think the problem is that you said this:

QuoteI will take it as a sign that the club lacks even the smallest amount of ambition and will shake the dust of SW6 from my feet.  If the club itself lacks the commitment that the supports have shown, what's the point in carrying on.

before you said this:

QuoteI'll never stop supporting Fulham, but I wish the club would give us some idea what their think or that they have a plan.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on August 29, 2012, 10:13:33 AM
I think the problem is that you said this:

QuoteI will take it as a sign that the club lacks even the smallest amount of ambition and will shake the dust of SW6 from my feet.  If the club itself lacks the commitment that the supports have shown, what's the point in carrying on.

before you said this:

QuoteI'll never stop supporting Fulham, but I wish the club would give us some idea what their think or that they have a plan.

I was ranting ACB, I really do fear if something isn't done within the next three days we will be in trouble.

epsomraver

Shake the dust from SW 6? sounds like you did that already and you won't be pushing through the turnstiles paying your hard earned money to watch the team, so much empty words, next time engage brain before typing, we are all peeded off with Dembele going, he picked the biggest stadium in the UK to show his true talent Saturday, did he know something so to up his game?But this is Fulham and we are in the Premiership, we have a stable financial back ground and we move forwards, if you have followed the club since 1979 you would have been through darker days than now and shrugged off this news as "that is Fulham for you" ?

CincyFulham1

Poor choice of words I'll admit Raver, and I knew at the end of last season that the odds of Moussa being in the squad this season were long and I don't begrudge Moussa a move to a bigger club.  It just seems to me that with only three days left in the transfer window we are without a plan to strengthen the squad and have been caught flatfooted.

Senior Supporter

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on August 29, 2012, 10:35:04 AM
Poor choice of words I'll admit Raver, and I knew at the end of last season that the odds of Moussa being in the squad this season were long and I don't begrudge Moussa a move to a bigger club.  It just seems to me that with only three days left in the transfer window we are without a plan to strengthen the squad and have been caught flatfooted.

But you don't KNOW that Cincy. It is not credible that the club's management have been caught flatfooted, they are professionals and all the activity on the rumour mill suggests that we have a number of irons in the fire. Whether we the fans will be satisfied at midnight on Friday, who knows, but what you seem to be expecting is for the club to put up a list of our targets on the website to quell your fears, and that ain't going to happen. We must all just sit tight and hope.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Senior Supporter on August 29, 2012, 11:21:10 AM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on August 29, 2012, 10:35:04 AM

But you don't KNOW that Cincy. It is not credible that the club's management have been caught flatfooted, they are professionals and all the activity on the rumour mill suggests that we have a number of irons in the fire. Whether we the fans will be satisfied at midnight on Friday, who knows, but what you seem to be expecting is for the club to put up a list of our targets on the website to quell your fears, and that ain't going to happen. We must all just sit tight and hope.

I'm just not very patient today and seem to be stuck in panic mode.

Jack Fulham

epsomraver

people must accept that despite who Fulham want to sign they will not get their own way on everybody, you have price, agents, wages lawyers etc to sort out as well, it is not as straight forward as just buying a second hand car, you are talking about ( much to the shame) multi million pound assets going from one club to another, on another note I think agents should half their fee ojn the transfer and the rest when the player honours the length of the contract otherwise they are not worth the expensive paper they are written on.

aconnecticutyankee

Quote from: epsomraver on August 29, 2012, 09:01:40 AM
At 00.1 don't let the door hit your arse on the way out, Fulham does not need and never has fairweather "fans"

Thankyou for saying what I was thinking... the potential loss of two of our most influential players has been contemplated by the club for a long time and plans have been made, but it's prudent not to broadcast them even on the FOF board! I hope for the best and expect something less in the short term, but  this season is by no means a washout. A good manager and many good players here already. My prediction is top half of the table still.

Another prediction... Fulham is a very attractive investment with the planned improvements, perfect location and decade in the prem. Would not be surprised to see a stunning offer made for the club.

west kowloon white

Arsenal can't keep their best players...Man u couldn't hold onto Ronaldo(or chose to take the profit?)Liverpool a mess,Man City a big time Malaga waiting to happen..Spuds(no racist jibe , insult to Wayne Rooney or Jersey Royals intended) lost Modric-We are a well run club-get real,just hope it's not bottom three at Christmas before MAF gets the cheque book out.
ps haven't watched Sunderland for a while,but Richardson always seemed to put a shift in/best player a season ago

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on August 29, 2012, 09:18:42 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 29, 2012, 08:50:17 AM
Mr CincyFulham1

If that's your attitude to when the clubs having a few problems how on earth did you cope supporting us in the dark days before MAF ?
Or perhaps you didn't and that's YOUR problem ?

I've supported Fulham since 1979 (10yrs old) and I think I've earn the right to vent my frustration with club.

Maybe so, but you need to choose your words more carefully or you will continue to get stick.

[/b][/b][/b]

CincyFulham1

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 29, 2012, 12:29:34 PM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on August 29, 2012, 09:18:42 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 29, 2012, 08:50:17 AM
Mr CincyFulham1

If that's your attitude to when the clubs having a few problems how on earth did you cope supporting us in the dark days before MAF ?
Or perhaps you didn't and that's YOUR problem ?

I've supported Fulham since 1979 (10yrs old) and I think I've earn the right to vent my frustration with club.

Maybe so, but you need to choose your words more carefully or you will continue to get stick.

[/b][/b][/b]

Noted.  Was just having a wobbler this morning.

jarv

Player power. My guess this was not what Jimmy Hill intended when he fought for freedom of contract and decent wages. Money has completely taken over the game. Sad, but that's the way it is and it affects all clubs.

As already stated, many clubs are in a bit of a mess. On the edge of the cliff. A few poor purchases and they are over the cliff. Comparison with Sunderland...if Fletcher and Johnson don't work out??? Deep trouble ahead, a big gamble on both. That's Martin O'Neill, glad we didn't get him.