watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'll give the club until Saturday morning 00:01

Started by CincyFulham1, August 29, 2012, 06:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CincyFulham1

If by that point we have not brought in 2 quality replacements for the Dems, I will take it as a sign that the club lacks even the smallest amount of ambition and will shake the dust of SW6 from my feet.  If the club itself lacks the commitment that the supports have shown, what's the point in carrying on.   Some of you may feel that I'm turning my back on the club, but as far as I'm concerned they have turned their back on the supporters.  Hey, atleast Fulham will have one of the finest and largest ground in Division 1.   

Bradstow

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on August 29, 2012, 06:59:53 AM
If by that point we have not brought in 2 quality replacements for the Dems, I will take it as a sign that the club lacks even the smallest amount of ambition and will shake the dust of SW6 from my feet.  If the club itself lacks the commitment that the supports have shown, what's the point in carrying on.   Some of you may feel that I'm turning my back on the club, but as far as I'm concerned they have turned their back on the supporters.  Hey, atleast Fulham will have one of the finest and largest ground in Division 1.   

You rightly feel betrayed by the present custodians of the Club but please do not let them drive you away as a fan. The team and the manager need the fans support. Since my Dad first took me to the Cottage in 1952 I have loved this "little team by the Thames". I always will even though the going gets very tough from time to time.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

Basil

I think buiding a new stand is a very good measure of committment.

Dembele had a release clause in his contract then what could Fulham do? Breach his contract?  I think we are a well run club, just have a look at other clubs across the four divisions and have some perspective on this. From people's reaction you would have thought we had sold the Cottage, not honoured a players contract.

west kowloon white

Some sense creeping in at last...didn't score enough,anyway, did he....

MJG

Quote from: Bradstow on August 29, 2012, 07:22:16 AM

You rightly feel betrayed by the present custodians of the Club but please do not let them drive you away as a fan. The team and the manager need the fans support. Since my Dad first took me to the Cottage in 1952 I have loved this "little team by the Thames". I always will even though the going gets very tough from time to time.
Woh there, betrayed, thats a bit strong.We have a well run club who have plans to spend 30M on a new stand, in to our second decade in the top flight. Yes we have lost a number of players this year due to various circumstances. An ageing stale squad being one of them, we have a player who wants to leave, and one where a quite high release clause has been triggered.
I'm as disapointed by anyone that we are not or have not spent any cash on players, but I dont feel betrayed.

Much rather we worked within our budget than end up like pompy or even QPR who are going to find that having a squad of 20X30 year old plus players needs to be replaced in two years.

JBH

Quote from: MJG on August 29, 2012, 07:28:05 AM
Quote from: Bradstow on August 29, 2012, 07:22:16 AM

Woh there, betrayed, thats a bit strong.We have a well run club who have plans to spend 30M on a new stand, in to our second decade in the top flight. Yes we have lost a number of players this year due to various circumstances. An ageing stale squad being one of them, we have a player who wants to leave, and one where a quite high release clause has been triggered.
I'm as disapointed by anyone that we are not or have not spent any cash on players, but I dont feel betrayed.

Much rather we worked within our budget than end up like pompy or even QPR who are going to find that having a squad of 20X30 year old plus players needs to be replaced in two years.
:plus one: :54:

Burt

Quote from: JBH on August 29, 2012, 07:26:33 AM
Quote from: CincyFulham1 on August 29, 2012, 07:13:54 AM
How clever, name calling, is knob the best you can do?

No but its the only thing the Moderators will let me use to sum you up!

Come now, handbags away...

It's great to agree.

It's even fine to disagree. But pleeeeeease do it with reason and logic, rather than a personal insult.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Basil on August 29, 2012, 07:22:16 AM

Dembele had a release clause in his contract then what could Fulham do? Breach his contract?  I think we are a well run club, just have a look at other clubs across the four divisions and have some perspective on this. From people's reaction you would have thought we had sold the Cottage, not honoured a players contract.

I understand that Moussa was always going to move on, and I can live with it, although I wish it wasn't Spurs. I will give MAF credit for expanding the cottage, but I don't see anything that fills me hope for anything other than a relegation battle this season and fear that there will be no "Great Escape" this time around.  I'll never stop supporting Fulham, but I wish the club would give us some idea what their think or that they have a plan.  It's the being left in the dark that frustrates me to no end.

Bradstow

Dembele had a release clause in his contract then what could Fulham do? Breach his contract?  I think we are a well run club, just have a look at other clubs across the four divisions and have some perspective on this. From people's reaction you would have thought we had sold the Cottage, not honoured a players contract.

Stands do not play football - they just make more money when the team succeeds. The moral is? Spend the money on players!
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

The Bronsons

+
Quote from: Bradstow on August 29, 2012, 07:39:06 AM

Stands do not play football - they just make more money when the team succeeds. The moral is? Spend the money on players!

Great idea. It worked for Pompey - they won the FA Cup.

Oh, wait a mo...

MJG

We have pretty much reached the cealing on how much money we can make on a match day with 25K crowds. The ground needs to expand for more seats and more commercial income that will bring.
if its the 'next level' you want within our income stream now then that will only lead to a much bigger disaster.

Basil

Stands don't go on strike, get injured and underperform.

We are fully investing in youth and infastructure across the board, this counts for a lot. If you want solely players and signings cast an envious eye a couple of miles to the west.

I am happy with the way we do stuff.

KiwiWhite

I agree but I am beginning to wonder whether Hughes was right bout the club's ambition. If it is true about the claue in MD's contract we could have averted this situation by making him an offer and a new  a new contract that would keep him at the Cottage. Surely that would in the long term be cheaper and a safer option than being forced to find a replacement with so little time left  before the window closes

CincyFulham1

Quote from: MJG on August 29, 2012, 07:42:02 AM

Dembele had a release clause in his contract then what could Fulham do? Breach his contract?  I think we are a well run club, just have a look at other clubs across the four divisions and have some perspective on this. From people's reaction you would have thought we had sold the Cottage, not honoured a players contract.

We have pretty much reached the cealing on how much money we can make on a match day with 25K crowds. The ground needs to expand for more seats and more commercial income that will bring.
if its the 'next level' you want within our income stream now then that will only lead to a much bigger disaster.

I understand that we are never going to a big spending club.  It's what appears to be a lack of any plan to bring in players who will strengthen the squad that gets frustrating.

cottage cheese

so really yesterdays team will be playing on sat apart from kelly and kasami coming out for diarra and reither

MJG

Quote from: KiwiWhite on August 29, 2012, 07:46:18 AM
I agree but I am beginning to wonder whether Hughes was right bout the club's ambition. If it is true about the claue in MD's contract we could have averted this situation by making him an offer and a new  a new contract that would keep him at the Cottage. Surely that would in the long term be cheaper and a safer option than being forced to find a replacement with so little time left  before the window closes
If Hughes's ambition is to spend loads of money on Over 30 year olds with no sell on value then thank god he left.

Lighthouse

We had the chance to push the club onto or near to the next level with or without the Dems. By our lack of transfers in we have made it clear and by  the players we are replacing those who have left, we have made it very clear. Survival for now is the clubs only interest. It is a shame and a gamble as much as spending money would have been.

Not a season to get our hopes up. Frustration at what could have been. But then we must be pleased that money has got us this far.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

KiwiWhite

Do'nt get me wrong I 'm no supporter of Hughes but I wonder if we are lacking the ambition that tempt the better players to stay.

White Noise

I agree but I am beginning to wonder whether Hughes was right bout the club's ambition. If it is true about the claue in MD's contract we could have averted this situation by making him an offer and a new  a new contract that would keep him at the Cottage. Surely that would in the long term be cheaper and a safer option than being forced to find a replacement with so little time left  before the window closes

But we did offer him a new an improved contract - Jol said so back in March. It was widely reported that it would make him the highest paid player at Fulham and possibly the highest paid player ever at the club.

I thought I read quotes from Dembele saying he loved playing at Fulham especially because of his relationship with Jol and that he could see us pushing on to 4th, 5th, 6th level potentially. He has been linked with Spurs before though and at that time expressed his admiration for the club and how flattered he was to be linked with them. Release clauses are something that both sides negotiate and pushing for a bigger one than £15 million might have been difficult to pull off when buying the player for £5 million. Certainly a lot of people on here would have laughed in his first season if they had heard Dembele had a £15 million buy out clause.

Fulham were quoted by Harry Harris yesterday as saying that they had received no offers from Spurs for Dembele. Spurs then would appear to have left it late in the day because of how long it took to get the Modric deal done. What were Fulham supposed to do? Buy in a an identical player to do Dembele's role while the player was still at the club in the expectation that he must surely leave? How do we know Fulham haven't been monitoring replacements and making discrete enquiries?

I thought people were very optimistic about our prospects this season based on our first two league games? Ok Dembele has looked the most influential player in the side but why does one players departure create a 10 place swing in our fortunes?    

The Bronsons

How do you know we didn't offer him a new contract? Some players want lots of money, and they might sign with anyone if the money was right. But in Moussa's case, I suspect (hope) that money isn't the main thing - he just wants to play in the biggest games and win stuff. So again, if the club make an offer and he says no, what can we do? Zilch? Or should MAF commit to matching the Man Cities of this world to bring in top-class proven players?