watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Transfer Window

Started by nose, August 29, 2012, 10:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Like many people I wondered why the transfer window extends past the first day if the season, yesterday i found out.
I purchase my season ticket come what may and there are very few that can say they have sat in the same seat for as long as me, before the world cup of 66. I purchased the season ticket every single time without fail and my kids had no choice but to support Fulham. None of this, let them make up their own minds, nonsense. And we were in the lowest league when the kids came along so they had loads of pressure at school to support 'bigger clubs' and were teased for supporting a lesser club!

Preamble over and credentials established.

I think the transfer deadline is set where it is because of less committed supporters wavering in whether to buy season tickets. If you knew your best players were being sold maybe you wouldn't bother with a week in week out season ticket. In our case we started the season with Moussa in the squad and clearly a key player and the team looking promising, and now it seems he is off. Whilst i do not think the timing was a cynical thing from Fulham on this occasion, clearly it must have been in plenty of the senior football officials minds when drawing up these ridiculous rules. If you support spurs and purchased your season ticket expecting to see modric, you now can't  and from our point of view we expect to see clint and moussa, and now can't. The system is bizarre.  Ok I know all these players are subject to speculation but my issue is the date at which the transfer window closes. If mousa and modric had gone earlier then you can decide if you still want a season ticket.

For me it's a mute pint I but my season ticket come what may, but for other it is an issue.

The transfer window should shut two weeks before the start of the new season. That would have may advantages, except of copurse for the 'suits.'

DukeTyrion

I agree that the window should shut as soon as the first ball is kicked, but not for season ticket reasons.

I think clubs have enough time to buy in the off season, and plenty of time to train with their players. Leaving the window open 2 weeks into the new season allows panic buying by the bigger clubs and has a very disruptive effect on many teams in the league.

In fact, I don't even mind the window staying open for 2 weeks, but any player that has played in that time should be 'cup tied' and not able to play for their new club until January.

Chances of that happening are close to zero of course ...

JBH

Unfortunately the sale of the likes of Dembele would still happen as the offer would be recieved before any window shut.

nose

Quote from: DukeTyrion on August 29, 2012, 10:44:25 AM
I agree that the window should shut as soon as the first ball is kicked, but not for season ticket reasons.

I think clubs have enough time to buy in the off season, and plenty of time to train with their players. Leaving the window open 2 weeks into the new season allows panic buying by the bigger clubs and has a very disruptive effect on many teams in the league.

In fact, I don't even mind the window staying open for 2 weeks, but any player that has played in that time should be 'cup tied' and not able to play for their new club until January.

Chances of that happening are close to zero of course ...
That's a good idea, the quasi 'cup tied' thing. I wish i  had thought of that.

GodfatherJol

Quote from: JBH on August 29, 2012, 10:52:23 AM
Unfortunately the sale of the likes of Dembele would still happen as the offer would be recieved before any window shut.

Exactly. All that would happen is that we'd be in the same situation but 2 weeks earlier. The last week of any transfer window, regardless of when it is, will always bring about a sense of urgency and a need to buy, so the chances are that Moussa would still have been the subject of a Spurs bid.

MasterHaynes

What galls me the most is that Spurs have got top price for Modric and paid bargain basement price for Moussa. they keep doing it to us - Mullery, Malbranque and Moussa.
Their supporters will see Moussa display all his talents and watch him get better each year making Modric a distant memory while we are left with nothing, just hope Jol pulls some miracle out of the bag in the next 48 hours.

Chopper

Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 29, 2012, 11:30:18 AM
What galls me the most is that Spurs have got top price for Modric and paid bargain basement price for Moussa. they keep doing it to us - Mullery, Malbranque and Moussa.

Not really bargain basement price. £15Mill is considerably more than I believe we paid for him and was the price in his contract for him to move on, so was all we were ever likely to get.

I think, hard as it is, we just have to accept that if we pick up players as good as Dembele we'll only get 2 or 3 seasons out of them before they move on. The trick is to keep picking up those players.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole