News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Do you think we lost last night because the team found out about Dembele?

Started by JIMMY D, August 29, 2012, 10:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY D

I think the team performed badly as they got told the news that Dembele was going to Spurs. I would be pissed if I found out just before a game.

General

Always a possibility. Do you think Jol was making a point to the board by showing them jst how thin our squad is...?

zzamora

General

We're also going to lose all our best young players who're going to be coming to this club and through the ranks seeing all these good players and wanting to be part of it, and then looking and realising they're all leaving for "better things"... I'd not want to stay if I saw that happens as part and parcel of being a professional footballer is to have a winning mentality.

the more and more I look into how much this could effect the club through and through the worse it gets. Whoever signed this off should be fired - even if it's just the person who didn't get Dembele signed up to a new contract.

Grant

It's so frustrating that whenever we get a decent player some other team is able to just take him from us.
I've said on a thread elsewhere that I reckon Dembele is worth twice what we're likely to get for him, which is annoying, but it also makes me realise why in the 50 years I've been supporting Fulham we've never won anything.
It does make you wonder what's the point in turning up?

I'm going to miss Dembele more than any other player we've ever lost, he is a joy to watch, and the thought of him lining up against us is frightening.

JBH

No it the curse of the League Cup in which we always fall at the 1st or 2nd hurdle

Jack Fulham

we lost because we weren't good enough. I hope it wasn't down to the Dembele news as that does not bode well for future matches.

HatterDon

We are a team of professionals. There's not going to be a significant on-field reaction to Moussa going to Spurs. Had there been a tragedy in the squad or in their families, we could expect there to be an effect on someone's performance. But, if you're a professional, when the whistle blows you're after it -- whether Premier League or Conference.

We just sucked yesterday.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Luke

Quote from: ddeuce on August 29, 2012, 10:34:46 AM
Its the Carling Cup curse.

We do this every year.

Agree with this, I told all my mates that I wasn't at all confident, especially as we were away. Proved right yet again; adds to our losses against Wycombe and Burnley amongst others.
Here's Davies..... It's on, It is on!!