watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why all this doom and gloom

Started by bulgariawhite, August 29, 2012, 02:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulgariawhite

Okay we are losing our two current assets. We have now been a premiership team in the best worldwide football division for the past 11 years. This is all thanks to the Chairman and the board.
We are not going to be "The Barcelona of South London" please wake up. Yes we have had a few scrapes in the past but we have endured and had some memorial moments in Europe. We will still be there at the end of this season. How high or low doesn't matter at this moment in time. Please stop being 'Fulhamish' and put some positive vibes about, and stop crying in your season ticket. In the manager and board I have complete faith for us to have a good season.Be a true supporter and handle the situation. What's happened, we all knew that would, so why surprised? For God's sake get behind the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Northern Cottager

Getting behind the team is becoming more and more difficult when we continue to prove that as soon as we show signs of going forward we take 2 steps back and sell our assets.

I think everyone understands it would be a matter of time before Dembele went as we can't match his ambition but the lack of forthcoming positivity from the manager and direction indicating what he aims to do to fill these gaping gaps we highlighted in masses lastnight is frustrating to say the least.

bulgariawhite

I realise what you are saying, but we have to be realistic. We are a club that when you find a "Gem" we will lose them. I was disappointed with last night. Bearing in mind that the team were told before us and the press, wouldn't that have had an effect on morale. Yes, I can take the point they are professionals, but Dembele was part of that spirit, and he wasn't there. The team are like supporters (I Hope) bad news makes them sad

Northern Cottager

But base that on the fact that Dempsey decided the team weren't even worth him botherign turning up for and going on strike against...following that we had a half decent pre-season and smashed Norwich 5-0 followed by a hearty performance at Man Utd. Dembele leaving is inevitable but we need to show ambition to keep our gems and attempt to relive Hamburg 2010 and not fade into the background accepting it was a fluke to never be repeated.

cottage cheese

Quote from: bulgariawhite on August 29, 2012, 02:30:51 PM
I realise what you are saying, but we have to be realistic. We are a club that when you find a "Gem" we will lose them. I was disappointed with last night. Bearing in mind that the team were told before us and the press, wouldn't that have had an effect on morale. Yes, I can take the point they are professionals, but Dembele was part of that spirit, and he wasn't there. The team are like supporters (I Hope) bad news makes them sad

We dont know if the team were told. In fact  the team has not reacted to the fact dempsey has decided he does not want to play for us. I dont think that can be used as an excuse. In my opinion players like kasami and sidders should have thought "hang on" a free position up for grabs..why dont I make claim

bulgariawhite

The team knew. if not officially, don't you think players talk to one another.Why isn't he here. Would Jol lie?

cottage cheese

Quote from: bulgariawhite on August 29, 2012, 02:58:09 PM
The team knew. if not officially, don't you think players talk to one another.Why isn't he here. Would Jol lie?

So your missing my point. If the team knew the two starting midfielders in sidders and kasami should have taken the intiative to stake a claim. The argument works both ways.

Northern Cottager

I agree, if i was told that the main player keeping me out of the starting 11 was on his way out I'd do my utmost to prove I was a worthy replacement. Our central midfield last night was non existent, put it down to rustiness, lack of experience playing together or whatever you like but they were off the pace, lacking creativity and ineffective playing balls from left to right with no direction or killer instinct.

TonyGilroy

I don't know about the players but it's reasonable to suppose that Jol must have been distracted, probably depressed and possibly suicidal.

I doubt that helped his preparation.

jarv

If Sidwell recovers his form (the Reading form) which I think he can, the midfield will still be strong with Diarra and Sidwell sitting tight in midfield. All Fulham need is for anotehr creative midfielder and a decent striker.......Andy Carroll anyone?

bulgariawhite

I totally agree, but you are stating players, that are squad players, do they honestly believe they can replace? And secondly do the fans? The only player who worked his socks off was Duff. Doesn't that tell you something. Another servant who appreciates where he is. The dressing room is so important. If players see a part of their family departing, doesn't it have some effect?

LordNelson

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 29, 2012, 02:45:36 PM
But base that on the fact that Dempsey decided the team weren't even worth him botherign turning up for and going on strike against...following that we had a half decent pre-season and smashed Norwich 5-0 followed by a hearty performance at Man Utd. Dembele leaving is inevitable but we need to show ambition to keep our gems and attempt to relive Hamburg 2010 and not fade into the background accepting it was a fluke to never be repeated.

Maybe Sparky's stupid "ambition" quote weren't so stupid after all??????    086.gif
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

cottage cheese

lol i dont think dembele going make all the players decided not to perform...what does that achieve?

Nope players come and come im afraid. You make friends but thats it. If a player goes he goes and everyone just moves on

epsomraver

We will still be there at the end of this season. How high or low doesn't matter at this moment in time.
Of course it matters if we are 18th and not 17th or above, how many teams have built more capacity then got relegated? quite a  few.

mr-ska

LAST YEAR WE DIDNT WIN A GAME IN THE FIRST SIX......   WE LOST ZAMORA........ WE HAD AN EARLY EXIT FROM THE LEAGUE CUP AND EUROPA LEAGUE..................... WE SURVIVED!!!!!

WE FINISHED TOP 10...  FOUND DECENT REPLACEMENTS....HAD SOME AMAZING RUSULTS...  ACADEMY LEAGUE WON THE TITLE...

WE'LL GET 15 MILLION FOR DEMBELE....  WE'LL GET AT LEAST 8 MILLION DEMPSEY.....

THERE ARE DEFFO 3 WORSE TEAMS THAN US...

IN JOL I TRUST

bulgariawhite

epsomraver

Ever heard that group Blind faith Dean?

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: cottage cheese on August 29, 2012, 03:01:23 PM

So your missing my point. If the team knew the two starting midfielders in sidders and kasami should have taken the intiative to stake a claim. The argument works both ways.

Wanting to stake a claim and actually being up for it are different things. Admittedly, and like most, I didn't see the match. Having said that Sidders is just coming round to game shape and sharpness. I think the late/bad tackles speak to that. Kasami is still only 20/21 and doesn't have the games under his belt. Granted, if he wants to stay in the PL, that excuse has to be thrown out the window. Throwing out excuses doesn't make him ready though.

My problem with the youth movement we have currently along with the exodus we have currently is that we are so dangerously thin down the spine of our team now. The support we have for the "wrong side of 30" CB's we have is apparently only Senderos. The support we have for Dembele/Diarra are apparently Sidwell/Kasami whom I've covered already. And, for me, we're still one experienced goal scoring striker away from a good compliment as well.

Are we in such a sad state that we have to wait until another club makes a play for one of our players before we can address the need to cover for such a possibility? This can't be.

I just don't understand why we leave things so late, so often. It narrows our window of opportunity for making signings and increases the danger of not being able to make the signings unnecessarily.

A lot of work to do in 2 days and a bit. In the club I trust, but they certainly do seem to work at making that difficult for me.

Someone please feel free to tell me I'm wrong to worry about these things. Telling me exactly why I'm wrong would be better though.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

cottage cheese

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 29, 2012, 03:53:11 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on August 29, 2012, 03:01:23 PM

Wanting to stake a claim and actually being up for it are different things. Admittedly, and like most, I didn't see the match. Having said that Sidders is just coming round to game shape and sharpness. I think the late/bad tackles speak to that. Kasami is still only 20/21 and doesn't have the games under his belt. Granted, if he wants to stay in the PL, that excuse has to be thrown out the window. Throwing out excuses doesn't make him ready though.

My problem with the youth movement we have currently along with the exodus we have currently is that we are so dangerously thin down the spine of our team now. The support we have for the "wrong side of 30" CB's we have is apparently only Senderos. The support we have for Dembele/Diarra are apparently Sidwell/Kasami whom I've covered already. And, for me, we're still one experienced goal scoring striker away from a good compliment as well.

Are we in such a sad state that we have to wait until another club makes a play for one of our players before we can address the need to cover for such a possibility? This can't be.

I just don't understand why we leave things so late, so often. It narrows our window of opportunity for making signings and increases the danger of not being able to make the signings unnecessarily.

A lot of work to do in 2 days and a bit. In the club I trust, but they certainly do seem to work at making that difficult for me.

Someone please feel free to tell me I'm wrong to worry about these things. Telling me exactly why I'm wrong would be better though.

this argument is just going round in circles. I think  we can all agree that dembele leaving is not the reason for the poor showing last night.

mr-ska

Quote from: epsomraver on August 29, 2012, 03:50:13 PM
Ever heard that group Blind faith Dean?
HA HA..  WELL  MAYBE I LIKE TO THINK..  UNTIL ITS CERTAIN  OR THERE'S NO GOING BACK....  I WON'T WASTE TOO MUCH TIME WORRYING.  IM NOT 100% HAPPY..  BUT I JUST NEED TO KEEP THE FAITH.