News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Whatever you might think of "TwoDemsGate"....

Started by Airfix, August 29, 2012, 05:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airfix

Mousa left in the right way, quietly.  Good luck to a real talent.

Clint seems not to be following that example.

General

The irony for me is that Dembele sealed a move with his performance last week at Utd. If Dempsey had been playing too he may have sealed a move away as well, instead of rotting on the sidelines.

LordNelson

Apples and Oranges.  It will be interesting to eventually (hopefully) get an inside take on what has happened in Clint's situation.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

mccscratch

Quote from: Airfix on August 29, 2012, 05:15:20 PM
Mousa left in the right way, quietly.  Good luck to a real talent.

The most important word is SEEMS Airfix.

None of us know the full story...

Most of the professionals including coaches and players in the US who have had long relationships with Clint feel that there is so much more going on than what Martin Jol has said publicaly.

Also...not to harp on Dickson's stupid tweet but think about it.... Clint not playing and maybe leaving, Zamora left, AJ Left, Smurph left, Dembele left in a deal that we are to believe only took a matter of 24 hours... keep in mind Brede has changed his tune as well saying that they are nowhere near signing a new contract.

I personally stand by the club and Jol but it is all a bit fishy to me.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

David_Keating

My first post, just my opinions:
Most of us knew the two Dem's were planning to leave at least from late last season I think. Best of luck to Dembele, really enjoyed watching him play, albeit would generally have wanted him to shoot more and be a bit more selfish with the ball. he is a gifted player, and hopefully he can ride the Belgian wave, being from a country that is producing some talented players at the moment. If Clint leaves this week, I hope he lets his football skills do the talking next week and himself and Fulham can move on, rather than giving the media anything to chew on further. if the club has done anything to make him feel agrieved (?), I hope he keeps it to himself at least until he retires, otherwise no good would come from any scandal. Just my opinion though.

JBH

Credit to Moussa for showing class and commitment by playing the whole of pre-season and the first 2 games even though a move was always on the cards.

hn4fulham

Quote from: mccscratch on August 29, 2012, 05:41:16 PM

Most of the professionals including coaches and players in the US who have had long relationships with Clint feel that there is so much more going on than what Martin Jol has said publicaly.

Also...not to harp on Dickson's stupid tweet but think about it.... Clint not playing and maybe leaving, Zamora left, AJ Left, Smurph left, Dembele left in a deal that we are to believe only took a matter of 24 hours... keep in mind Brede has changed his tune as well saying that they are nowhere near signing a new contract.

I definitely agree with most who feel that it is all a bit fishy. I don't trust Jol and the way he handles players. I seriously doubt his honesty and integrity when he's talking. He comes across as a manipulative and spiteful type of person. All these press with him talking bout Dempsey is really too over the top and very artificially crafted to show that he's taking the high ground while damaging Dempsey. That's not smart people management skills.

I actually felt that the way dembele is leaving or left is actually more damaging to the club and fans. It's all a bit of a roller coaster ride not knowing when he's going to be gone. At least with Dempsey, you pretty much know you have to replace him since the beginning of the window. There's no ambiguity about it.

These are just my views. This really is a low point in time for Fulham fans. The names you associate with this family oriented club are all of a sudden through one summer almost all gone. With brede's future in doubt as well, one shoud really wonder if Jol's way is the right way for the culture of our club.

HatterDon

Quote from: David_Keating on August 29, 2012, 06:01:59 PM
Most of us knew the two Dem's were planning to leave at least from late last season I think. Best of luck to Dembele, really enjoyed watching him play, albeit would generally have wanted him to shoot more and be a bit more selfish with the ball. he is a gifted player, and hopefully he can ride the Belgian wave, being from a country that is producing some talented players at the moment. If Clint leaves this week, I hope he lets his football skills do the talking next week and himself and Fulham can move on, rather than giving the media anything to chew on further. if the club has done anything to make him feel agrieved (?), I hope he keeps it to himself at least until he retires, otherwise no good would come from any scandal. Just my opinion though.

Great debut post. Thank you for your contribution and  076.gif to the site. Hey, if you post just one more time, you'll no longer be Michael Jackson.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JBH

Good post, but its unlikely that Dempsey will keep his mouth shut because he has been made to look a right pillock over the Liverpool soap opera!

Yellow Jacket

Quote from: JBH on August 30, 2012, 07:30:33 AM

Good post, but its unlikely that Dempsey will keep his mouth shut because he has been made to look a right pillock over the Liverpool soap opera!

*facepalm* If we ever find out anything. It won't come from Dempsey because the media will put it out there for everyone to see. Pillock? Drama queen? What's next? You are seriously making me laugh right now.

General point: Can we all settle down? The transfer window is done in 2 days. With that said, I predict all hell will break loose over Dempsey in the last 12 hours.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

I think Mousa was not expecting to be ejected through this particular window, which is why he was fully involved with pre-season and the 1st team until the final day.
For whatever reason,  Clint did not had the same advantage, I feel sure,  given the opportunity,  he would have done the same.
Clint opted for the Saha Treatment whereas  Mousa got the Boa 23:00 medical ................innit !!! 

nevzter

Quote from: JBH on August 30, 2012, 07:30:33 AM

I don't agree with that viewpoint b/c Dempsey has said little to nothing during this "saga."  He's posted a few banal tweets, while the club spouted all information.  Still, why should he keep his mouth shut if he really isn't refusing to play?  It seems he'd have come out with a more definitive stance by now (i.e., I'm going, or not, I'm injured...etc.), but I believe the club has issued a gag order and he's abiding for the time being.  And if they haven't, and Dempsey is withholding the truth that damns him, then, knives out.  All the while knowing he most likely couldn't speak about potential transfers...

Whether he does play or not, merely belies the underlying problem that somebody at the club, whether it be Dempsey or management, doesn't want him playing right now.  That's the bigger fish in the pond and could be more problematic if he isn't sold.  Yet, it could be a good thing for a few months as well if all parties wash their hands of the situation to look for a January window deal.

It's become a farcical endeavor by both sides - I would graciously implore a final look in the mirror by each party and see what's best for the club until the next window.

COYW
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."

TonyGilroy

Where's the logic in the club not wanting Dempsey to play?

His not playing has wrecked his chance of a decent move meaning that we have neither the player nor his worth.

Personal relationships have no doubt been handled badly all round and everyone's a loser.

David_Keating

Thank you Mr. HatterDon, am no longer MJ, phew.

Quote from: HatterDon on August 29, 2012, 07:50:32 PM

Great debut post. Thank you for your contribution and  076.gif to the site. Hey, if you post just one more time, you'll no longer be Michael Jackson.

ScalleysDad

Surely the way the Demps story is dragging on a grubby journalist would have stirred up enough mud to make further statements necessary ................. or, as a Club, is being below the media radar starting to pay off? His stock is falling everyday and not even a friend of a friend who knows his agents neice has come up with anything. I think the Etuhu stuff, I don't tweet so I'm judging from what was said on here, appeared idiot level mischevious as opposed to factual and I'm not so sure there were issues between Jol and Murph. Certainly the pitch side relationship seemed fine and Jol opennly said he did'nt want him to go but Murph wanted more than the Club would offer. BZ lost the crowd before he totally lost Jols respect. I hope there is'nt a shock revelation to come and this whole saga does not continue to deflect from the season start. Norwich was awesome in parts, the overall performance at OT was worthy of the shirt and the second string got turned over, like that does'nt happen regularly.

FFCAli

Quote from: hn4fulham on August 29, 2012, 06:08:32 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on August 29, 2012, 05:41:16 PM
Mousa left in the right way, quietly.  Good luck to a real talent.

I definitely agree with most who feel that it is all a bit fishy. I don't trust Jol and the way he handles players. I seriously doubt his honesty and integrity when he's talking. He comes across as a manipulative and spiteful type of person. All these press with him talking bout Dempsey is really too over the top and very artificially crafted to show that he's taking the high ground while damaging Dempsey. That's not smart people management skills.

I actually felt that the way dembele is leaving or left is actually more damaging to the club and fans. It's all a bit of a roller coaster ride not knowing when he's going to be gone. At least with Dempsey, you pretty much know you have to replace him since the beginning of the window. There's no ambiguity about it.

These are just my views. This really is a low point in time for Fulham fans. The names you associate with this family oriented club are all of a sudden through one summer almost all gone. With brede's future in doubt as well, one shoud really wonder if Jol's way is the right way for the culture of our club.

I'm sure Fulham had a pretty good idea of the Dembele situation but they could hardly make any firm decisions while nothing was resolved.  They'd have looked pretty stupid if they'd spent his transfer fee and then no transfer materialised.  It was only when the Modric sale went through that Spurs started talking seriously.  I think Dembele's behaved very well throughout.  We've known he wouldn't stay for ever but he never acted as if we were beneath him or he didn't want to perform to his best for the team.  Good luck to him  -  except when he plays us!

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on August 30, 2012, 08:39:20 AM

Where's the logic in the club not wanting Dempsey to play?

His not playing has wrecked his chance of a decent move meaning that we have neither the player nor his worth.

Personal relationships have no doubt been handled badly all round and everyone's a loser.

Where was the logic in sending Steed to train with the youth, to sue Richards, to get permantly riled at the Royal Family? Fans aren't the only people involved with this club who do things based on emotion.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel