watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Length of supporting the club

Started by hopper, August 29, 2012, 06:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Ton Ted

I haven't read through all seven pages but the OP is spot on.

My first game was in 1978. Went home and away in the 80's & 90's, seen Fulham at 120+ different clubs, I don't go so much anymore due to financial & family commitments, sadly.

Players come and go but the club remains, and thanks to Fayed it looks like it always will, and as someone who's seen at least 3 "last ever" Fulham games, that's a blessing to be counted.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

FFC4Life

First game was late 1995 - a glamourous 1-1 draw with Barnet.

Stood up on the Hammersmith End by the green pole, and all I really remember about the game was that Gary Brazil scored. I was hooked and went to pretty much every home game (and some aways) for the rest of that season.

Season ticket the year after and every year since.

ImperialWhite

Quote from: RidgeRider on August 29, 2012, 07:54:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 29, 2012, 07:30:29 PM
Quote from: RidgeRider on August 29, 2012, 07:15:37 PM
wow, there are some Fulham geezers on this board!  :dft012:

I've been following them since a month before Sanchez got the sack and been loving every minute of it.  :scarf:
wow. you must be a real sucker for punishment . what on gods earth attracted you to us in that chapter of our history. they were some desperate times

Strange I know. Basically it came down to the Cottage, it being the oldest club in London (so history was a factor), and I liked the fact that the team wasn't at the top. I must say I was VERY naive and had no idea Sanchez was so bad but it didn't take long to see the team was playing like crap even though I knew just a smidge about the game. I remember thinking that the draws were like wins back then and how out matched we seemed to be each week.....and then our savior came, and I knew I had picked the right club.

About the same! (with regards to timing and knowledge)

I got a half season ticket and my dad kept saying "you know Fulham are going to be relegated right?".

Good thing Roy came along and proved him wrong!

jarv

1960.  Blackburn (I think).

Moved from Scotland to Southfields at 12 years old. Started going to Fulham and became a Johnny Haynes fan first, (I had never seen anyone play like him, not surprising when you are used to watching the likes of Kilmarnock or St.Mirren) then Fulham was stuck.  Moved to Sussex so stopped going as often but living in Putney in the 70s, really enjoyed that era. Have to say it was mostly midweek because I always played on Saturdays.

ffc73

MasterHaynes you have nailed the feelings I had on that coach journey home from Sheffield on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning

* I had convinced myself Dembele would stay this season and go on a Bosman next summer
* the first two performances had allowed my fantasies to run wild
* the manner of this seasons League Cup exit was an unexpected jolt back to reality (how many times have we experienced that?)

Being a third generation FFC supporter, originally from off the Lillee Road, and having seen my first match (0-3 home defeat to Orient) in September 1973 you would have thought I would have known better.......

West Ham on Saturday.  New day.  New dawn.  I'll be there.

Chesh

Dad (now sadly departed) chose Fulham over Chelsea during the early-mid fifties and passed it down to me and my brother.

My brother deserted for Arsenal when he was about 7 or 8 (in league with his Grandad) but I was hooked from as early as I can remember.

First game was 75/76 I think, aged 7 or 8. Memory is hazy but it was either York or Pompey at home, and I think we lost 1-0. The strange thing is I have a very vivid memory of being brought into the kitchen with my brother, and being adorned with knitted black & white bar scarves and bobble hats. It was at this point that I realised that I was finally going, and I can still recall the excitement.

Went regularly away throughout the eighties and early nineties, before other responsibilities took greater demands on my funds.

Now have season ticket with 7 yr old son in block AL, and I cling to the hope that he will derive as much satisfaction of being a fulham fan (despite the lack of success) as I have always had.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

west kowloon white