watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Length of supporting the club

Started by hopper, August 29, 2012, 06:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopper

How long have most of the people on this board actually supported the club? The amount of hyperbole to the Dembele situation tells me not very long indeed, maybe since the Europa final or something.

People talking about the shame of the club, ripping off of the club, lack of ambition.

Not so long ago we were nearly knocked out of the footballing league, and anybody who has supported fulham as they have gone up the divisions would be pretty god damn delighted with our current situation.

Selling a player to help finance the development of a stand which will bring in stable revenue and expand the size of the club, seems like a pretty outstanding long term trade off to me.

There is such short termism and ignorance on here, and it can only be the result of people supporting to club expecting it to be bigger than it is - lacking perspective. Those culpable really need to reassess their posts and attitudes, or go and support a club that will compete for champions league places.

Football is something of a foodchain, and we are punching remarkably above our weight to be where we want to be.

I for one am glad at how well the club is run, and that we are sustaining ourselves for the long term future - as opposed to spending money we don't have, and can't recuperate for one day's newspaper headlines, or one day's banter.

WAKE UP

Steve_orino

I've been a "Follower" for 4 1/2 years...

will only consider myself a "Supporter" once I've reached 5 years of dodgy stream-watching, a gazillion viruses on my laptop, & a multitude of coffee stains on my Fulahm shirt from cheering their goals!

We've got two 1/2 days to get some guys in...Keep Calm & Carry On!
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

vagrant

mr-ska

Born in 1968.. first game 1976....  last game......  when they put me 6 foot under.... FTID..

hopper

should clarify there is nothing wrong with being new to supporting the club, and there is no privilege in having supported them for longer - but the awareness of the wider perspective is imperative!

keith

I agree with you Hopper.I`ve supported Fulham for 44 years,and i remember the outcry when we sold Tony Gale and Gordon Davies.Let`s hope we get a few players in before Saturday.FTID.

BarryP

This will mark my sixth season since I picked up the Fulham bug but I concur. I can't see how people are so shocked and put out. Moussa did what he always said he was going to and the club have made a profit.  Time to bring in some reinforcements and move forward.  Since we all seem to think Moussa is special it shouldn't be a shock when we don't get like for like with whoever comeso
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

YankeeJim

I'm fairly new to FFC, 2004 and I believe I have found a home and strongly believe that on this date, the anniversery of the great Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech that someday will be accepted and not relegated to the lesser board with the rest of the non or no longer English.

079.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MJG

Born 66 first game 69(fell asleep) taken on and off by my dad over the next nine years until I fell in love with football and fulham.
Stoke@home sept 1978. 2-0 win and that was that. Been trying to leave ever since.

Steven Ageroad

Jambo

Born and raised in fulham (parents still live off Munster Rd).  First game was 1988, first season ticket was 1994 and have been ever since
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

fulhamben

Quote from: hopper on August 29, 2012, 06:25:00 PM
should clarify there is nothing wrong with being new to supporting the club, and there is no privilege in having supported them for longer - but the awareness of the wider perspective is imperative!
being a fan from the 80s, i can confirm that there was indeed no such privilege of being a fan for longer. infact some memories of those games still haunt me
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tooting legend

Great post.....Ive followed Fulham for 32years ever since my dad took me to me first game when I was 8years old.

WORTHINGFULHAM

been going to the cottage now for about 28 years, seen them come, seen them go, here we still are...

spikey norman

first match fulham v man city 4-1 home win in november 1966

mikie

And michael jackson went once and they built a statue of him. pmsl... Been following Fulham since early 80's. First game i went to at cottage was 1998.

bucksfulham

Supporter since my Dad first took me in 1954. Now a 120 mile round trip so I don't go very often but watch almost every game on my laptop.

bigalffc

first game 1958 - i still haven't got over 'em selling mullery!
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

RidgeRider

wow, there are some Fulham geezers on this board!  :dft012:

I've been following them since a month before Sanchez got the sack and been loving every minute of it.  :scarf: