watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Why all this doom and gloom

Started by bulgariawhite, August 29, 2012, 02:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bulgariawhite

Nothing to do with blind faith. If you support Fulham you still believe. Or do you want to buy success like Chelsea, Man City, etc or maybe, Just one day get there on your own merits. Yes it would be nice to rub a few noses in it, but have we sustainablity as a premier side? Yes. Be positive if you have money you can always buy success. What happens when the benefactor gets bored?

epsomraver

I agree mate, as Mickey always said..................but it is hard work sometimes

Matt Inglis

My distress has been caused due to the way the transfer window ends after the league starts. We played so brilliantly against Norwich that I felt such amazing hope for the season. Now that Dembele is gone, I don't feel that. But you are right, we'll be fine, it's now about finding some quality replacements.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

epsomraver

Quote from: bulgariawhite on August 29, 2012, 04:00:35 PM
Nothing to do with blind faith. If you support Fulham you still believe. Or do you want to buy success like Chelsea, Man City, etc or maybe, Just one day get there on your own merits. Yes it would be nice to rub a few noses in it, but have we sustainablity as a premier side? Yes. Be positive if you have money you can always buy success. What happens when the benefactor gets bored?

Please don't start questioning my support, I was supporting Fulham when most on here were twinkles in their Dad's eyes, Any Fan will question what is going on and as things stand the future is orange but not bright!

bulgariawhite

Sorry epsomraver, not questioning your support my first game was 1954,. All I am saying is I have really enjoyed our last decade, really thought it would never happen. Just believe we will all be smiling by the end of the season, and still be there. It looks at the moment we have taken steps backwards, but it happens every season. Enjoy the Premiership whatever.

epsomraver

Quote from: bulgariawhite on August 29, 2012, 04:16:22 PM
Sorry epsomraver, not questioning your support my first game was 1954,. All I am saying is I have really enjoyed our last decade, really thought it would never happen. Just believe we will all be smiling by the end of the season, and still be there. It looks at the moment we have taken steps backwards, but it happens every season. Enjoy the Premiership whatever.

Crikey some older than me!!! no offence taken, these are troubled times however, is the Jol back lash starting to unfold?

bulgariawhite

No it is today's football business and agents. Gone are the days of players getting on a bus to the game and chatting to the fans. Don't worry we will be still there.
If we are not you will still support the name of Fulham, it's in your blood, it doesn't go away!!!!!!

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: cottage cheese on August 29, 2012, 03:58:10 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on August 29, 2012, 03:53:11 PM
Quote from: cottage cheese on August 29, 2012, 03:01:23 PM
Quote from: bulgariawhite on August 29, 2012, 02:58:09 PM
The team knew. if not officially, don't you think players talk to one another.Why isn't he here. Would Jol lie?

So your missing my point. If the team knew the two starting midfielders in sidders and kasami should have taken the intiative to stake a claim. The argument works both ways.

Wanting to stake a claim and actually being up for it are different things. Admittedly, and like most, I didn't see the match. Having said that Sidders is just coming round to game shape and sharpness. I think the late/bad tackles speak to that. Kasami is still only 20/21 and doesn't have the games under his belt. Granted, if he wants to stay in the PL, that excuse has to be thrown out the window. Throwing out excuses doesn't make him ready though.

My problem with the youth movement we have currently along with the exodus we have currently is that we are so dangerously thin down the spine of our team now. The support we have for the "wrong side of 30" CB's we have is apparently only Senderos. The support we have for Dembele/Diarra are apparently Sidwell/Kasami whom I've covered already. And, for me, we're still one experienced goal scoring striker away from a good compliment as well.

Are we in such a sad state that we have to wait until another club makes a play for one of our players before we can address the need to cover for such a possibility? This can't be.

I just don't understand why we leave things so late, so often. It narrows our window of opportunity for making signings and increases the danger of not being able to make the signings unnecessarily.

A lot of work to do in 2 days and a bit. In the club I trust, but they certainly do seem to work at making that difficult for me.

Someone please feel free to tell me I'm wrong to worry about these things. Telling me exactly why I'm wrong would be better though.

this argument is just going round in circles. I think  we can all agree that dembele leaving is not the reason for the poor showing last night.

Not certain why you quote my post to make your point. I'm pretty sure that I was agreeing with you. Last night was down to preparedness and we weren't prepared in important areas, namely central midfield.

My main point was that I am disappointed with the way we conduct ourselves in transfer windows. IMO we take too many chances being able to replace valuable contributing players by waiting until there is little time to do so......and that we maintain a constant issue with decent depth in our squad.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Texas White

Quote from: bulgariawhite on August 29, 2012, 02:15:35 PM
Okay we are losing our two current assets. We have now been a premiership team in the best worldwide football division for the past 11 years. This is all thanks to the Chairman and the board.
We are not going to be "The Barcelona of South London" please wake up. Yes we have had a few scrapes in the past but we have endured and had some memorial moments in Europe. We will still be there at the end of this season. How high or low doesn't matter at this moment in time. Please stop being 'Fulhamish' and put some positive vibes about, and stop crying in your season ticket. In the manager and board I have complete faith for us to have a good season.Be a true supporter and handle the situation. What's happened, we all knew that would, so why surprised? For God's sake get behind the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Dembele said he was leaving next year they would be foolish to not take the money now. It hurts but its business.

domprague

Quote from: bulgariawhite on August 29, 2012, 02:15:35 PM
Okay we are losing our two current assets. We have now been a premiership team in the best worldwide football division for the past 11 years. This is all thanks to the Chairman and the board.
We are not going to be "The Barcelona of South London" please wake up. Yes we have had a few scrapes in the past but we have endured and had some memorial moments in Europe. We will still be there at the end of this season. How high or low doesn't matter at this moment in time. Please stop being 'Fulhamish' and put some positive vibes about, and stop crying in your season ticket. In the manager and board I have complete faith for us to have a good season.Be a true supporter and handle the situation. What's happened, we all knew that would, so why surprised? For God's sake get behind the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got point although we'll never be the Anything of South London.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

HatterDon

Why the doom and gloom?

1. Well, our main strength last season was our midfield. We have lost or are about to lose FOUR members of last season's crew, three of which were critical to our success.

2. Hangeland, who has been our rock for several seasons, is hesitating to sign a new contract. If he doesn't, his contract will expire at the same time as:

3. Diarra, Petric, Riether, ... , ... .

4. We're two or three days from the end of the transfer period, and we have signed three players -- one of which is only on loan.

It seems to me that if there EVER is a time for doom and gloom, that time is now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel