watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol is a liar!

Started by JIMMY D, August 29, 2012, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY D

First Dempsey with he has a injury.... Then Dembele will stay with us. Is he delusional? And how does he not have players ready to be signed now. I think he is all smoke and mirrors.

Burt

What would have been the alternative though? He would have got slaughtered if he said "well, Clint wants away and we will be losing Moussa at some stage".

More "damned if you do, damned if you don't" rather than "smoke and mirrors".

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Well at least he did not say :

Over my dead body

horse1031

Berserker

Nope don't want any blood and guts involved, ruin the pitch
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Steve_orino

<over megaphone> "Back Away From The Ledge"  090.gif

Come on JD, we still have two (2) days.  Keep the Faith.
Fulham Supporter - Est. 03/2008
"My aim is to stabilise, sustain, and have the club move forward." Shad Khan 07/2013
@Borino09

tommy

Jol has done all he can to not turn us into the circus that is Arsenal with all there transfer stories this window. We've in my opinion lost more important players then Arsenal have but because of the way the Club and Jol have gone about there business, the pressure has been kept off the squad.

Arsenal's two 0-0 draws have been because of all this crap in the news getting to the players in my opinion.

Mr Jol, your a gentleman and you have my full backing......... As if that means anything LOL.

NogoodBoyo

No he's not a liar.  What I think KC is alluding to is that managers always want their star players to stay, but the finance folk and the owners recognise that there are times they have to cash in.  
Like 23 mills this year versus 0 next.
Nogood "no brainer, itis" Boyo

NogoodBoyo

On the other hand,. Jimmy, I think this might say it better:
A Few Good Man "You Can't Handle the Truth"
Nogood "I want the truth" - "you can't handle the truth, isit" Boyo

Jack Fulham

Jol can't control the ambitions of players and the movements of other clubs.

JIMMY D

Sorry guys I'm just a little frustrated. I just feel there is more going on and we the fans will never find out. Was looking forward to this season but now it looks like every game is going to be who is going next window.

mr-ska

Not a liar..  its called playing your cards close to your chest..  if Fulham let anything slip..  we get ripped off or players nicked from under our noses...  When faced with the media..  hes should say as little as possible.

NogoodBoyo

Fret not, Jimmy, window will be shuttered soon.  We'll probably have a difficult season, but I reckon we'll survive.
Nogood "dem dam dems, isit" boyo

HatterDon

I think there's a very limited selection of things that a football manager can say in his press conference. All contract negotiations at Fulham are quiet, who is for sale and who we're looking at is kept close to the vest. And, of course, any "personality" issues within the club or on the practice pitch are to be kept in-house.

I can't see how he can say anthing other than "no comment" unless he tells a lie now and again. Presidents and Prime Ministers are in the same situation. There's just some things you don't talk about in public.

You get the feeling with Jol that this is THE aspect of management that he enjoys least. He seems a jovial guy and I think he'd love to be candid with the press. It would be insane for him to do so.

"Jol's a liar?" -- more than a bit harsh, if you don't mind me saying so.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

fulhamben

wa
Quote from: HatterDon on August 29, 2012, 09:58:50 PM
I think there's a very limited selection of things that a football manager can say in his press conference. All contract negotiations at Fulham are quiet, who is for sale and who we're looking at is kept close to the vest. And, of course, any "personality" issues within the club or on the practice pitch are to be kept in-house.

I can't see how he can say anthing other than "no comment" unless he tells a lie now and again. Presidents and Prime Ministers are in the same situation. There's just some things you don't talk about in public.

You get the feeling with Jol that this is THE aspect of management that he enjoys least. He seems a jovial guy and I think he'd love to be candid with the press. It would be insane for him to do so.

"Jol's a liar?" -- more than a bit harsh, if you don't mind me saying so.
was it george graham who got the sack from spurs just for saying there was funds available for the right players. granted it looked like the chairman wanted him out but that one little quote of nothing was enough to legally sack him
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

psand22

He's not a liar.  He's just using the ole poker face.  You don't want everyone to know your business.  Fulham like to keep things quiet and I really respect that.  I  have faith in the team and I know they're working hard behind the scenes to strengthen the squad.  Sure we'd like to hang on to Dempsey and Dembele, but if the right offer comes in you have to take it.  I'm sure there's a back up plan. Already rumors of Berba coming to town.  Let's see what's next...