watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -- Weirdness in South Texas

Started by HatterDon, August 30, 2012, 12:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

For those of you who think I'M weird, here's a little bit of late breaking news from the Peoples Republic of South Texas. Hollywood Park is a "collar community" of San Antonio, like my own Leon Valley.

http://www.ksat.com/news/Hollywood-Park-mayor-dead-apparent-attack-by-donkey/-/478452/16413116/-/9h6a2lz/-/index.html

Hollywood Park mayor dead, apparent attack by donkey

South Texas town mayor found dead at his ranch, apparently attacked by 500-pound donkey

HOLLYWOOD PARK, Texas -

A South Texas mayor has been found dead after apparently being attacked by a 500-pound donkey on his ranch.

The Atascosa County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that the death of Hollywood Park Mayor William "Bill" Bohlke appears to be an accident. Bohlke was 65.

Chief Deputy David Soward says Bohlke apparently was attacked Monday morning by a male, aggressive donkey he kept on the ranch. His body was found Monday night during a search by deputies and relatives. A formal cause of death is pending.

Soward says it's up to the family to decide what to do with the donkey.

Mayor Pro Tem Steve Phillips will serve as acting mayor of Hollywood Park, a town of about 3,000 just north of San Antonio.

My favorite is the next to the last sentence.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

NogoodBoyo

What an ass.
Nogood "brilliant as donkey stories go, itis" Boyo

BarryP

"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

HatterDon

Quote from: BarryP on August 30, 2012, 04:42:03 AM
Was the former mayor a Republican?

That WAS an attack by a donkey, so -- yes, I'm guessing so. Oh wait, he would HAVE to be a Republican. After all, if he ran as a Republican, Judas Iscariot would beat Jesus Christ in this state.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

cmg

Quote from: HatterDon on August 30, 2012, 12:38:28 AM

South Texas town mayor found dead at his ranch, apparently attacked by 500-pound donkey

Shefki Kuqi is helping police with their enquiries.

Rupert

Quote from: HatterDon on August 30, 2012, 12:38:28 AM
For those of you who think I'M weird, here's a little bit of late breaking news from the Peoples Republic of South Texas.

Don, I prefer "eccentric".  starsnstripes
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Berserker

Oh there is a lot of weirdness in Wiltshire ;-)
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Senior Supporter

As Fulham supporters I think we know quite a lot about donkeys. We've had a few.