watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPHA Comedy

Started by Ordar, August 30, 2012, 10:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ordar

This made me laugh. How can a club be so delusional. In the 4 years when his contract expires, the squad will be in a care home!!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8033437/Cesar-dreaming-of-title

Julio Cesar believes Queens Park Rangers could one day become Premier League champions and is looking forward to playing a part in their future after agreeing a deal to join from Inter Milan.

The Brazilian goalkeeper's transfer will be finalised once he has received international clearance and been granted a visa, and he is already relishing the challenge.

He is excited about the club's ambitious plans and feels confident Mark Hughes' men can gradually become a major force in English football.

"I have many dreams at QPR," he told the Daily Mail.

"I have many dreams at QPR. To play well for the fans, the manager, the chairman and myself. And eventually finish in the top four and qualify for the Champions League and then one day win the Premier League. "

"It is possible. A few years ago nobody believed Manchester City would ever win the Premier League. So we have to dream. When you dream, things can happen. That's the reason I came here."

The 32-year-old added: "I'm very, very happy. It's a new experience for me and my family. The opportunity to play in the Premier League, the best football in the world. I can't wait to train, I can't wait to play."

Terrible
Cesar will vie with fellow summer signing Robert Green to be first choice at Loftus Road and he knows QPR need to improve dramatically following a 5-0 thrashing by Swansea on the opening day.

'I saw the first game. Wow! It was terrible for them and they had some problems but these things happen in football," said Cesar.

"When I met the coach I asked him what happened in the first game. But they drew away in the second game (1-1 at Norwich) and that's a good result.

"I hope to be the No.1, but I have to work hard. I have the ability but I know the Premier League is hard.

"My first game could be against my first coach in Europe. Roberto Mancini brought me to Inter. They have done well but we have to believe we can beat them."

grandad

This has got to be a tongue in cheek wind up. Can´t believe this was taken seriously by Sky.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Northern Cottager

Just an overly enthusiastic overseas player whose going to get thumped back down to earth and crying to get back to Milan, be nice to see his interviews in a few months and see if his enthusiasm is still peak. As for Premier League champions, Man City bought young, proven quality...QPR have raided every other club for dead wood and have essentially created the Titanic.

cottage cheese

to be fair age means nothing as a keeper...how old is our mark? friedal?

Mr_Moon

Anymore delusional than we were with our 'Man Utd of the South'?

Here's what Van der Sar said when joining us :'Fulham have been interested in me for some time and after a good meeting with Jean Tigana and hearing about Fulham's plans for the future, I was delighted to sign for a club with the ambition to become a top Premiership outfit. Jean wants to go to the top and he proved he can do that with Monaco. I like that ambition.'

(Monaco did the double)

beijing ben

Quote from: Mr_Moon on August 30, 2012, 11:18:30 AM
Anymore delusional than we were with our 'Man Utd of the South'?

Here's what Van der Sar said when joining us :'Fulham have been interested in me for some time and after a good meeting with Jean Tigana and hearing about Fulham's plans for the future, I was delighted to sign for a club with the ambition to become a top Premiership outfit. Jean wants to go to the top and he proved he can do that with Monaco. I like that ambition.'

(Monaco did the double)

I was just thinking it seems exactly the same as when Edwin came to us. Maybe we don't like to admit it but QPR do have a lot of potential but will probably lead a similar premiership life to what we have had since we got in it..

Mr_Moon

Quote from: beijing ben on August 30, 2012, 12:00:32 PM

I was just thinking it seems exactly the same as when Edwin came to us. Maybe we don't like to admit it but QPR do have a lot of potential but will probably lead a similar premiership life to what we have had since we got in it..

Footballer talks about ambition in first interview shocker!

I agree, QPR have as much potential as us as we're both medium sized clubs situated in London. Our fans are paranoid of QPR, I mean how often do you hear/read fans spouting off about Chelsea now? Hardly ever. Granted Hughes, Zamora and AJ are at QPR now that it makes things more heated, but there's a definite fear that QPR are going to have their slice of the fun.

Admittedly I was worried about them coming up and staying up as I knew they would impact our successes by stealing potential punters and league points (another club in West London is not what we need) but the bile to them has gone into overload. I was a season ticket holder a few years ago yet still make a reasonable number of games per season. One observation from the Norwich game was that chants about QPR have gone up ten fold.