News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What if Berbatov is not coming in to fill a strker position?

Started by CH FFC, August 30, 2012, 03:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CH FFC

I have seen a few other forwards linked.  How many do we need to bring in?
What if Berbatov is going to be converted into a position like Moussa?  He has the touch, vision, intelligence, and he finishes much better than Moussa.  Just started thinking, since we are still being linked with at least 3 other strikers.  Supposedly very close to signing two of them.
Personally, if there is something to coverting Berbatov to a similar role of Moussa...I would be pleased.  I think he could do a great job.

Zu-Meister

not a chance, no way he will do the tracking back required of a midfield player.

fulham1234

He does not have the work rate to be a CM especially along side Diarra who doesn't exactly charge about either

bulgariawhite

Agreed. He is a poacher that will get on the end of defensive errors. Saying that he can produce some magical moments with pace

TonyGilroy

We got the answer to that last year when Orlando Sa signed with minutes to go because we lost out on our main target.

We know what we want and will have options lined up. The Iranian winger for example may be the stand by in case we can't get Richardson.

We'll never know who we might have signed in place of Berbatov but there would have been someone. Maybe Frazer Campbell.

Abbotsbury White

There are certain comparisons with Dembele,eg the touch,skill and the way he always seems to have time but he can't tackle for toffee and nowhere near the work ethic but up front he doesn't need too ,here he can do what the the Moose could not and thats putting the ball in the back of that bloody net..
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

CH FFC

he does track back, he just does not seem to "run" more than he needs to.  :59:

It just seems that there are at least 2 more strikers that we are supposedly about to sign, and Berbatov does have a playmakers mentality.  Of course he is a better poacher, but he has an amazing pass that allows others to get in too.  He has a good eye, and awareness.  He really has all the qualities to be a good attacking midfielder that is running the show.  His big drawbacks of course are defensive, but I distinctly remember seeing him make some crucial defensive plays at Spurs and ManU.