watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Very impressed with Martin Jol video on FFC site

Started by Bradstow, August 30, 2012, 03:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradstow

Seems very genuine. Reading between the lines it seems he feels he is something of a victim of the way contracts were framed with Mousa. His attitude to the Clint saga is refreshingly forgiving. We need to give Jol all our support - he is a first class manager but is being asked to manage on a tight budget.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

west kowloon white

Agree-and who would the detractors have instead-Laudrup I suppose...this week.

General

The thing I've also been impressed is how he worded his response to the press when they said he was a phenomenal transfer etc - Jol just said, this club has grown, can financially pay for this calibre of player etc. That is a big step for us to be making both publicly etc.

Ordar

It really was a good video. Totally honest and open about things. I agree with him that Dembele should have waited for a bigger side to come in for him.

At least we know that 2 or 3 midfielders should be coming in. Lets hope for a gem!

Contary to my original reaction about Richardson joining, I actually think he could be a very good player for us. Will really shore up the left hand side, and will take the pressure of Frei and Kacaklinic to perform every week.

It goes without saying that Berbatov is an immense signing

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

So with Martin now in charge of new signings (& their contracts?) we can look forward to avoiding such pitfalls as buy out clauses,one year deals etc in the future
Oh hang on though Pog,Petric,Diarra....
Perhaps the basis on which we do sign certain players is still a problem that remains with us?
Understandable in some ways given the hits we have taken on Marlet,A Johnson & Ruiz (yet to fully deliver)
Looks like we did well to sell Dembele & get £15m (note it was Dembele's agent who insisted on that clause not us)
Had Jol been successful in persuading him to stay another 6 months (as per the video) he would have gone to a better club than Spurs (not difficult) & we would have got nothing
You wonder how hard Martin tried as orders from above would have conflicted with that approach
As for the rumours of Dempsey going to Sunderland,if true & that occurs what on earth is really going on
It doesn't make any sense (Demps desire for Champions League etc) - it may be for just more money but.....
Again,time to get the money on him if he won't change his mind & attitude - otherwise he continues to mess around & we get nothing for him
Roll on the further new signings before the end of deadline - but I hope that the contract dept now knows what it's doing!

Ordar

Well if there was a clause, we were literally powerless to stop him leaving if he agreed personal terms. As its mentioned, the clause was the reason he joined us in the first place. I think Spurs have promised him a move to Madrid if they come in for him. As part of the "special partnership". Good money says thats written into his contract.

On the contract front, I have no problems at all with only offering aging players 1 year rolling deals, its the sensible way to do business. Pogrebneak was a very risky signing when he came, so the 6 month contract made sense. Not paying him 65k a week made even more sense!

BishopsParkFantastic

I think Jol acquitted himself very well on video.

Berbatov a great signing? How old is he (so much for reducing the age of the squad)? How much are his wages? where does he play- i.e. is he replacing/back-up for Ruiz... or replacing/back-up for Petric .....how does this impact Rodallega? He has seen his best years I think. Will he be passionate and committed to playing for Fulham? You can tell I'm less than blown away with this deal. It is only happening, because he has played under Jol before, and established relationship there.... He doesn't play in Mousa's position anyway. All a bit desperate to me. Maybe we are trying to get a contact number for Rodney Marsh before the deadline?

Kieran Richardson will be usedful squad play to play in Kaca's position or left back - which is good, because I cannot see Briggs being good enough to be in the first team this year (or any other?). I like Briggs, but think he would be better playing left/wing midfield, and possibly may need to move to a good Championship team.

Boggers

I think it's easy to raise eyebrows when we sign aging players, but in fairness to Jol and the club we don't know who is available and for what price.

Obviously in an ideal world we'd be signing the Dembele's of this world, but we may not have the means and if all that is on offer are players like Berbatov and Richardson then we have to take these chances when they arise.

What we do know is that he isn't scared to give youngsters a chance, letting them cut their teeth in the cup and some in the league - I personally think the squad now has a nice balance of experience and youth. 

Throughout this whole stormy period I've trusted in Jol, and given the events of today, will continue to do so.
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

hazzaffc

i can imagine at times jol may be hard to work with, but overall i think he is a class manager, and considering the standard of management we had up until hodgson, i think we should realise how lucky we are to have someone as good as jol. I think since he has joined us he has done more than enough to satisfy us, and especially during this transfer window with the dempsey situation, has been a class act. he knows what he is doing, and i think that this video reiterates the fact that we should have full confidence in him

Jambo

Love it.

I just want him to say "You mess with me you mess with my Family"

We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

ffcitaly

Quote from: Bradstow on August 30, 2012, 03:47:46 PM
Seems very genuine. Reading between the lines it seems he feels he is something of a victim of the way contracts were framed with Mousa. His attitude to the Clint saga is refreshingly forgiving. We need to give Jol all our support - he is a first class manager but is being asked to manage on a tight budget.

great manager and great man.

HatterDon

Quote from: ffcitaly on August 30, 2012, 11:20:28 PM
Quote from: Bradstow on August 30, 2012, 03:47:46 PM

great manager and great man.

Possibly, but I don't see what difference it'll make if we "give Jol all our support." I mean, if he has MAF's and MacIntosh's, he shouldn't be concerned about what we think.

Me? I'm a Fulham supporter. That's who I give all my support to.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel