watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hugh Grant

Started by Jimpav, April 09, 2010, 03:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

This "lovable" fop has long been linked with Fulham but is it me or has he only just started bothering to turn up at matches now that we are in the big time?

Brede Butter Pudding

he used to attend loads of games when we were in the lower leagues, and used to sit with the fans. A fulham man through and through

finnster01

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on April 09, 2010, 03:54:56 PM
he used to attend loads of games when we were in the lower leagues, and used to sit with the fans. A fulham man through and through
Yes Mr BBP, I remember that too.

I think when he got real famous and was on the top of his game, the logistics was just not there. He was shooting movies all over the planet, a lot in the US, so going to the Cottage every Saturday probably wasn't very feasible.

Trust me, I know. I can't just take the Fulham flyer from New York to the Cottage every 2nd Saturday/Sunday/Wednesday/Thursday...

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Admin

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on April 09, 2010, 03:54:56 PM

I agree with this. Met him a couple of times in the Riversiders back when we were under Micky Adams. My old man has said that he's seen him all over the shop with Fulham even at away games disguised by a cap and shades. He's never had any problems mingling with the fans or holding down conversations either. I just think he's being personally picked out more as we are ourselves flirting with the big time.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

he might be a posh floppy haired pillock,but he's OUR posh floppy haired pillock,good on him says me :59:

LRCN

he was at the porsmouth game in our great escape too.

Abbotsbury White

Yep he's been around a long time and stuck by us through thick and thin unlike David Mellor who one minute said he was a lifelong fulham fan the next was staunch darksider..
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

The Equalizer

Hugh Grant has leapt in my estimations this week. The Fulham Badgers Down's Syndrome team are trying to get £30,000 in support to continue the great work they are doing. There's a link on the page to the JustGiving.com website and one of the first names up there donating is one Mr Hugh Grant with a donation of £10,000!!

The bloke's a champion.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/February/SupportTheBadgers.aspx
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

blingo

I think the question you have to ask is.....is he a member of FOF and does he post on here?

finnster01

Quote from: blingo on April 09, 2010, 05:12:27 PM
I think the question you have to ask is.....is he a member of FOF and does he post on here?
Blingo, I think he might be FatFreddy...  :dft012:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: finnster01 on April 09, 2010, 05:20:44 PM
Quote from: blingo on April 09, 2010, 05:12:27 PM
Blingo, I think he might be FatFreddy...  :dft012:

Rumbled!

blingo

So is kaz Liz hurley?

OldBrownShoe

Nice bloke.  And he was there (and saw him at some away games) when many current Fulham supporters weren't around.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

FatFreddysCat

finnster and blingo i wish on both counts hahahaaha................might be able to afford my mot then. fulhamfootiechick

HammyH3

In answer to your question Jimpav, it is you.

Rupert

I recall an interview with him a fair few years ago, now, when he said his first job was cleaning the seats in the Riverside stand, then he was asked about his first visit to Old Trafford with Fulham and what he thought of the place (he said he thought the seats were not being cleaned properly), then asked if he was there for the 3-1 win (no, a friend of his who was there spent the whole match on the phone to him with a blow-by-blow account, of which he could understand not a single word because of the crowd roaring in the background).
So definately old Fulham and a sense of humour too.

Thinking back, I remember an article in a programme way back in the 80s about a Fulham fan who was an actor and had to leave at half-time every week to get to the theatre on time by going into the shop and jumping over the counter (in those days the shop was a lot smaller and had doors both inside and outside the ground, a wooden barrier stopped people nipping into the ground for free). No idea if it was him or somebody else, though.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.