watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Its official BERBATOV SIGNS!!

Started by General, August 31, 2012, 03:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...let's hope Jol can get him to play like he once did at spuds..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Ordar

Wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!!!

RidgeRider

I hope Hughes is reading this......no ambition.... :011:

Yay!!!! :011: 098.gif yee-haw! :scarf: :54:

FulhamMic

Looks like the news has brought the FFC site down!

Rupert

Excellent news. Despite losing Dembele, this is looking like a pretty positive window for us.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

General

Berbatov Signs For Fulham

Friday 31 August 2012 15:08

Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Dimitar Berbatov from Manchester United on a two-year deal for an undisclosed fee which will see the player remain at the Club until at least the summer of 2014.

The 31-year-old forward moved from Bayer Leverkusen in 2006 when he signed for Tottenham Hotspur, managed at the time by Martin Jol. In two seasons at White Hart Lane he made 102 appearances and scored 46 goals in all competitions.

In 2008, he signed a four-year deal at Manchester United for a reported £30m. He scored 56 goals in 149 appearances and lifted two Premier League titles whilst at Old Trafford. He completed the 2010/11 campaign as top Premier League goalscorer to claim the Golden Boot jointly with Carlos Tevez.    

Speaking from Fulham's Motspur Park Training Ground, Berbatov said: "I'm delighted to have signed for Fulham and I look forward to playing under Martin Jol once again. As soon as I was aware of Fulham's interest my decision to join was an easy one to make. I'm impressed with the set up here and the people have made me feel welcome. There is a close and personal feel around the Club and I can't wait to get started."  

Jol added: "Dimitar is a player I've always admired. He did well for me at Spurs and I'm sure that he will do well here at Fulham. He's a player of great quality and technical ability who will give me the attacking option I've been looking for. When he's not scoring goals, his ingenuity often leads chances being created for his teammates and I'm delighted that we've been able to convince him to come to us, as there was a lot of attention from other clubs."

Berbatov, who has been handed squad number nine at Craven Cottage, started out at Bulgarian side CSKA Sofia, joining the Armymen aged 17. In doing so, he followed in the footsteps of his father, Ivan, who also played for the club.

His talent quickly caught the attention of clubs on the continent, with Bayer Leverkusen making their move in January 2001. He was particularly impressive in the UEFA Champions League, helping the German club to knock Manchester United out of the Semi-Final of the competition in April 2002. His Leverkusen side would lose 2-1 against Real Madrid in the Final though.

Berbatov made the move to England in July 2006 when he signed for Tottenham for a reported £10.9m. He scored 23 goals in his opening season, and matched that tally again during the 2007/08 campaign. He joined Manchester United on transfer deadline day in August 2008, having long been courted by Sir Alex Ferguson.

The striker forged a formidable partnership with Wayne Rooney in his first season at Old Trafford, scoring 14 goals and making countless assists as United won the Barclays Premier League title.

During the 2010/11 campaign the Bulgarian netted 20 league to help United to a second title in his time at the club. He also won the League Cup (2010) and FIFA Club World Cup (2008) during his four years at Old Trafford.

Berbatov retired from international football in May 2010 after a record 48 goals in 78 games for Bulgaria.

He was named Bulgarian Footballer of the Year seven times: in 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 and in 2010.

aFFCn_Fan

weirdly...I think I'm going to get a name and number on the back of my next shirt for the first time ever...despite him not having played for us yet.

Berbatov #9
@hincharoo

Jambo

We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

MasterHaynes

Blimey, strike a light, F a Duck, bend me over and... too far. Mo your a legend!
if we get Bastos as well we are on our way to fulfilling your prediction of being the Man utd of the south :scarf: yee-haw!

alexbishop

Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Northern Cottager

Cannot get the website to load! I too am planning on getting the Berb on the new shirt haha!

Anybody remember what this forum was like 2 days ago?! We all wanted to shoot ourselves. How football can change moods in minutes! ;)

yee-haw! yee-haw!

Burt

I lost count of the number of times I said "keep the faith"....

Liked the BBC's live update comment around this:

"DONE DEAL
We've found him! Dimitar Berbatov is alive and well and has signed for Fulham! Apparently, he was stood outside the ground wearing one white glove and a trilby and people assumed he was a statue. The Bulgarian striker has signed a two-year deal with the Cottagers and moves for an undisclosed fee".

hn4fulham

great signing! Hope he can find his old form and work rate! woohoo!

cottagecornerreject

All for it but it is the kind of thing that I think has Dempsey resigned to wanting to leave. First ruiz signed for more than dempsey makes and now berbatov. If I'd accomplished what I had for this club only to see player after player brought in starting making more money for this club without ever putting on the boots for the club I'd probably want out also. Good signing though.

hn4fulham

Quote from: cottagecornerreject on August 31, 2012, 04:23:33 PM
All for it but it is the kind of thing that I think has Dempsey resigned to wanting to leave. First ruiz signed for more than dempsey makes and now berbatov. If I'd accomplished what I had for this club only to see player after player brought in starting making more money for this club without ever putting on the boots for the club I'd probably want out also. Good signing though.

That is what Management is paid to take care of. If that is how Dempsey or any other key contributors of the club feels, then it is the fault of management.  However, maybe they are ready to let him go and only see Dempsey as a temporary player no matter how key he is to the club's success in recent years. Sometimes, employees are taken advantage of by employers who know they can. Business is not always fair...

Luffy86

I've never been so excited by a transfer before!! :clap_hands: :scarf: He's such a class act, I can't believe we've managed to pull this one off.............. exciting times ahead for the super whites especially as we've have planning permission for a new stand too...
Like someone said earlier i think I might actually get '9 Berbatov' on my new shirt, i've never had anything on any of my shirts before! Well excited!! :clap_hands: :scarf:

cebu

What a relief after the nail-biting wait. And as others have mentioned - we now know who gets the No. 9 shirt!   :scarf:  :wine:

jazz hardrockin

Jol + Berabsex= long overdue happy reunion....Now lets the sex revolution begin:)
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.