watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Man Utd/Fulham transfers

Started by vagrant, August 31, 2012, 03:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vagrant

I know Man Utd have taken a few of our players in the past ( Van De Sar, Saha, Smalling etc ) but I can't recall any players coming from them to us.  Any recollections ??

K33NY

aFFCn_Fan

George Best, although it wasn't straight from OT to CC, he went via a couple of other clubs first (Wikipedia says). I was also going to dispute Jol's claim about Berbatov being our biggest signing in history based on this man...but you know what, I wasn't even alive when Besty was at Fulham, so I'll let it slide....Berba, Berba, Berbatov, Berbatov :008:
@hincharoo

Lighthouse

I seem to remember Wilf Tranter back in the early 70s. When we were in the second or third division. Haven't got my books with me. But at the time I was very excited. Need not have been.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

vagrant

Quote from: K33NY on August 31, 2012, 04:02:33 PM
we just signed berbatov ;););)

That's why I started the topic.  :doh:

Jamie88

Kieran Richardson was there for a good 5 or so years!

cebu

Jonathan Greening was ex-Manu, though he's moved around to other clubs before joining us.

vagrant

I understand a number of players eventually found their way to us, but I am trying to find out if any came directly from Man Utd. Just checked on Tranter and he left and went to Brighton and then the USA before joining us the same time as Brian Dear and Stan Horne.

jarv

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

cebu

I know vagrant is actually looking for direct transfers from Manu, but still have to mention Erik Nevland - I mentioned Greening earlier in the thread, but how did I forget Erik!   075.gif

MasterHaynes

Quote from: vagrant on August 31, 2012, 05:53:11 PM
I understand a number of players eventually found their way to us, but I am trying to find out if any came directly from Man Utd. Just checked on Tranter and he left and went to Brighton and then the USA before joining us the same time as Brian Dear and Stan Horne.
You had to bring back the bad memories of that infamous forward line that took us straight through the 2nd into the 3rd division. Dear, Large and Bryne AARRrgh

David Allen Crankshaw

Charlie Mitten was sold to Fulham by Matt Busby for £22,000 in 1951. He had left United in 1950 and played for Santa Fe in Columbia returning a year later. Busby didn't want him at Old Trafford and he landed up at Craven Cottage where he played quite a significant number of games.