Started by General, August 31, 2012, 04:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

-----Berbatov-----Petric-------

---------------Ruiz--------------

Duff---------Diarra---------Bastos

Riise----Hangeland-Hughes---Riether

----------Schwarzer-----------------

Kacaniklic, Rodallega, Sidwell, Senderos, Stockdale, Frei and Baird on bench... Just imagine if Dempsey ended up staying.

F(f)CUK

Does make you think who will lose their place. We seem to have played 4 4 1 1. Berbatov will be furthest forward, leaving the midfield 5.

mccscratch

-----Berbatov-----Petric-------

---------------Dempsey--------------

Bastos---------Diarra---------Ruiz

Riise----Hangeland-Hughes---Riether

----------Schwarzer-----------------
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

The King

^ That would contain immense amounts of sex. Don't know about Dempsey though and not sure if our interest in Bastos is genuine.

mccscratch

Quote from: The King on August 31, 2012, 04:53:18 PM
^ That would contain immense amounts of sex. Don't know about Dempsey though and not sure if our interest in Bastos is genuine.

as I have told everyone all along, Clint will play if he stays...

That all being said....schexy football indeed but is it enough steel?

Andy_M

mccscratch what makes you think Clint will play if he stays?

If he isn't going to sign a new contract and after his behaviour what's to say Jol won't just let him rot in the reserves?
@got_maile

mccscratch

Quote from: Andy_M on August 31, 2012, 05:00:51 PM
mccscratch what makes you think Clint will play if he stays?

If he isn't going to sign a new contract and after his behaviour what's to say Jol won't just let him rot in the reserves?

Because football is a business with a simple equation really... goals = equal points, points = places in the table, table places = 800k each

Also... the media has made so much more of Clint's presumed petulance than what is really going on... he is not in bad standing with the players and Martin will forgive as will Clint, they both need something from each other...

The King

I absolutely agree, Clint will play if he stays but I'm not sure about him staying.

BishopsParkFantastic

Jol has already stated that the two 'striker' roles will be permutated between Petric, Hugo, Berbatov and Ruiz. By this, I don't think he intending to play people out of position, i.e. Ruiz on left wing, Hugo on right wing.

We need a high quality, creative centre midfield player.

I still imagine Clint will be going tonight, to Liverpool for a fee - so, not much point including him on team sheets at this stage

MrFFC

We will play our 4-4-1-1 I think we will see Ruiz Petric and Richardson be the 3 behind Berbatov if we can get Boateng we can have a line up of

Schwarzer

Riether Hughes Hangeland Riise

Diarra Boateng

Petric Ruiz Richardson

Berbatov

Concidering we lost Dembele Murphy Pog and probably Dempsey well done to Jol he has been top class
Come on you Whites!! :)

Classic94

Assuming the Dejagah deal goes through, we could line-up as follows:

-------------Berbatov-----Petric--------------

----------------------Ruiz----------------------

---------Duff-------Diarra-----Dejagah------

Riise-----Hangeland-----Hughes-----Reither

-------------------Schwarzer-------------------

I'm not going to lie, we have a very, very good team, perhaps stronger than last season - even minus Dembele/Dempsey/Pog. The starting XI's packed with flair and every player's comfortable in possession. Add to this we have not one, but two genuine goalscorers in the side. If Berbatov, Ruiz etc. hit form, we should be effective and exciting to watch. Nevertheless, I think Jol's looking for a creative midfielder to sit alongside Diarra which is understandable.

Riverside

Cannot see Ruiz and Berbatov starting together . Great to have the option of either or . And can see them on together for the last 20 minutes .
Petric must be as excited as we are . They will create so many chances for him ( and hopefully knock in a few themselves as well )
Very exciting .

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Riverside on August 31, 2012, 07:11:40 PM
Cannot see Ruiz and Berbatov starting together . Great to have the option of either or . And can see them on together for the last 20 minutes .
Petric must be as excited as we are . They will create so many chances for him ( and hopefully knock in a few themselves as well )
Very exciting .

I can't see them NOT starting together!  Why would you have two players with that much flair and ability and not pick them?  It'd be madness!!