Started by Rhys Lightning 63, August 31, 2012, 10:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordNelson

Quote from: mccscratch on August 31, 2012, 11:34:12 PM
Quote from: MasterHaynes on August 31, 2012, 11:25:55 PM
I think Clint owes Fulham and Jol a big thankyou from saving him from
Quote from: mccscratch on August 31, 2012, 10:15:58 PM
Thanks Clint

Hopefully Martin and the Club will issue you a fond farewell on the official site and retract some of what has been said about you in the media.

You were a class player for us who gave his all in every match. I am proud of you as an American and I wish all the success in the world...

Please just don't score on us and if you do, be as classy as I know you are.
Thanks Clint

Hopefully Martin and the Club will issue you a fond farewell on the official site and retract some of what has been said about you in the media.

You were a class player for us who gave his all in every match. I am proud of you as an American and I wish all the success in the world...

He owes Martin and Fulham a huge thankyou for saving him from himself allowing him to be able to be in a postion to sign for a much better team than Liverpool and hopefully he will also issue an apology for his unprofessional and childish behaviour. Love to hear what Dembele says to him when the meet up.

@ MasterHaynes & @ Edward_Winston_Malone

Over past month while this has all being going on I have been so absolutely tired of your constant anti-Demspey rhetoric when you are just as ill-informed as everyone else... you have no clue what has gone on behind closed doors...

and frankly... I will take a week or so in the sin bin to simply tell you both to EAT A BIG FAT ONE.. just total pricks of the highest order with no clue and no respect for a player that gave his all for this club. 

Confucious say (actually Robert Heinlein), never try to teach a pig to sing.  It wastes your time and it annoys the pig.   092.gif
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Oiseau

Two months of negative headlines can't erase five years of incredible service. Dempsey has been one of our most prolific players and has crafted some absolutely incredible moments. I really hope that in time we'll be able to refer to him as a 'legend.' It's far too early now and it's too raw for fans but perhaps in hindsight we'll be able to see the situation differently.

I'm actually sad to see him leave no matter how it ended. It had to happen, though, and I wish him all the best for the future.

The Bronsons

It's pretty clear Dempsey believed he was going to Liverpool. Maybe that was just his idiot agent, I don't know; maybe he was tapped up, maybe not. But Clint clearly believed there was an "understanding", so he thought he'd been tapped up and acted out the way he would have if he had been tapped up.

So "unprofessional" about sums it up - regardless of what has gone on behind closed doors. I've loved Dempsey as a player and no doubt in a month or two the bad taste of his leaving will have faded and the good memories will remain. As it is I'm glad he's gone because it would have been unpleasant if a minority of the fans had booed him next time he turned out for us.

ToodlesMcToot

He owes Martin and Fulham a huge thankyou for saving him from himself allowing him to be able to be in a postion to sign for a much better team than Liverpool and hopefully he will also issue an apology for his unprofessional and childish behaviour. Love to hear what Dembele says to him when they meet up. thanks for some great memories shame you had to tarnish it all at the end. Hopefully you will realise your agent is an **** and get a new agent

Yep. And Fulham owe him a huge thank you as well. Time and again, when we were in dire straights and something special was needed, he provided it. Can't be taken away from his legacy with us. It is indeed a shame how things went down in the end, but it all is very minor when compared to his contributions to the club.

Special player and we were lucky to have had him.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Lighthouse

A great player for us and will be missed. The after taste of his going and to Champions League Spuds will stain his reputation with us. But whoever started the rot it no longer matters. Good luck to him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Oiseau

I don't know how to embed this video but it's worth a watch: "Fighter".

Supermitch

Quote from: Burt on August 31, 2012, 10:59:18 PM
Quote from: Scrumpy on August 31, 2012, 10:44:36 PM
Yep, a great player for us who has been badly advised by his agent on this occasion.

I'll clap him when he returns. If you weigh up the good he's done, and the bad bits, then he still comes out as a very, very good player for Fulham. Could have been a legend though.......

Sums it up for me Mr Scrumpy.

Ditto for me too

LBNo11

...he was my favourite player and it saddens me that something happened to make him want to leave Fulham no matter what. He was bought for peanuts, saved us from relegation, scored repeatedly against the dark side, his goals made the difference in many matches and Juventus - well, let me savour that for as long as I live.

Will I applaud him on his return, yes, he more often than not gave his all for us, many 100% performances and had he been English he would have probably been legend status and worth an extra £6M.

He joins Dembele who left his reputation intact, not sure Dempsey will be afforded the same forgiveness, hopefully he will say nice things about the Fulham fans which will salve our sting.

When all is said and done there are Dems that will, Dems that can and Dems that does - he did...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

premFlem

Refusing to play while under contract, speaks for itself.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Reindeer

Hope he rots in their reserves.

His actions recently have been disgraceful.

Yellow Jacket

He deserves respect for what he's done. I dare say he is one of Fulham's top 3 players of the PL era. If people want to keep a broom up their arse then they are free to do so but it's over and he's gone. I don't see the benefit in remaining butthurt. If you don't want to show him any respect for what he's done then you don't have to. No one is forcing you to and Dempsey truly wouldn't care. However, it's over and he's gone. I think there is nothing wrong with giving him an applause when he comes back to the Cottage and then moving on and supporting the Whites.

Nightwind15

Reindeer, you "what have you done for me lately types" are a blight on this club. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!

dishEJtheRock!

dont understand why people are unhappy with him. longest serving player who was a great professional. murphy said he works harder than anyone else, and i think after 5 years hes earned a move if he wants it. he wanted to leave so it was either now, and let the club make money, or in a year where the club gets nothing. i wished he stayed but objectively it was a good move for him the for fulham

Nick the Swede

Quote from: premFlem on September 01, 2012, 12:18:50 AM

Greed Malbranque all over again. I'll have fond memories of them both. But their names will always be tainted. I just don' get why so many footballers lack manners and common sense.

Must be the fact that they become spoilt millionaires long before they have finished their base education.

Good luck Deuce, and grow up will ya!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

mccscratch

Quote from: Nick the Swede on September 01, 2012, 06:37:57 AM
Quote from: premFlem on September 01, 2012, 12:18:50 AM

Greed Malbranque all over again. I'll have fond memories of them both. But their names will always be tainted. I just don' get why so many footballers lack manners and common sense.

Must be the fact that they become spoilt millionaires long before they have finished their base education.

Good luck Deuce, and grow up will ya!

Clint was likely more educated than anyone we have in the squad... he actually attended university...

Most of you on here disgust me... you latch on to one or two things and assume it is fact all because of one private conversation Clint had with a manager who has his own history of leaving clubs in untidy fashions as well...

Clint was never on "strike"... Martin reascended all of that... just let him go, enjoy where Fulham is because of the things he did here... end of it....
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

bill dando

its never money with clint,i feel one day he will sit down and write his memoirs and be able to say he graced the banks of the thames concluded with the hallowed halls of totenham hotspur fc and played at the finest stadiums of europe.yes i am an american soccer player who made it at the top of european football.who could begrudge clint this.but i am a fulham supporter and say you have left us in a bit of a state for a while you ***t clint !
made in essex

MasterHaynes

Quote from: mccscratch on August 31, 2012, 11:34:12 PM
I think Clint owes Fulham and Jol a big thankyou from saving him from
Thanks Clint

Thanks Clint

He owes Martin and Fulham a huge thankyou for saving him from himself allowing him to be able to be in a postion to sign for a much better team than Liverpool and hopefully he will also issue an apology for his unprofessional and childish behaviour. Love to hear what Dembele says to him when the meet up.

@ MasterHaynes & @ Edward_Winston_Malone

Over past month while this has all being going on I have been so absolutely tired of your constant anti-Demspey rhetoric when you are just as ill-informed as everyone else... you have no clue what has gone on behind closed doors...

and frankly... I will take a week or so in the sin bin to simply tell you both to EAT A BIG FAT ONE.. just total pricks of the highest order with no clue and no respect for a player that gave his all for this club.  

Like Demps your posts have  No class and No respect there is only one point of view - Yours.

Can't wait to hear CD tell us his side of the story now. Can't imagine why you are still posting as you label the management and owner and of the team you purport to support devious untrustworthy liars and complete  S***s while claiming sainthood for poor old CD.

My posts obviously hit a nerve with you, is that because they accurately predicted the events that unfolded? - No CL transfer,  CD pressurising FFC to accept the predictable last minute low ball bid from scousers?  This is not US college NFL recruitment where you bribe the player and his family and double deal all the time
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-brendan-rodgers-stunned-as-clint-1294058

You need to take your blinkers off you damned everyone for daring to label CD by trying to take the high ground by telling everyone that no one knows what is being said so don't comment, yet, all the while damning every FFC statement and action,  You alone obviously were the only one privy to the inside track.

No doubt when CD doesn't come out with his side, you will defend him again by saying he has class and is a gentleman unlike Jol and FFC, nothing to do with the fact that his story would be the same as that of a child having a tantrum because hs parents won't buy him the toy he wants. After the event a child will realise their behaviour was bad and best to apologise and act contrite.