watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How are all you feeling now?

Started by AmericanJames, September 01, 2012, 07:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmericanJames

After staying away from the board for the most part of the summer due to being so sick of the negativity, how are all you feeling now? Do you all still hate Jol? Do you still hate Demps despite it all and what he has done for the club? Ready to turn your ticket in? I know that before my time and even when after I became Fulham we had some rough times but we are on the up and up and eventually we need to grow out of this why always us gloom and doom bs. Can we move on and look forward to the best instead of thinking the worst and projecting it onto OUR squad? And yes I'm a YANK and I'm here till I die so lets stop chirping the fans abroad; we've been thru the poo w/ you and im sick of being judged on here just cause I dont have the pleasure of being in the proximity of the Holy Grail (the Cotttage) and cant make it to every game.

Come On You Whites!!
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

MrFFC

I am very pleased overall we look a bit short after bringing noone in centre midfield but we still have options as Sidwell and Diarra are both good players, Baird will never let you down and maybe this is Kasami's chance to take over from Dembele also maybe Minkwitz will come through now. Gutted to lose Dembele and Dempsey but Berbatov Petric and Rodallega are great signings overall we can be fairly pleased
Come on you Whites!! :)

Burt

For those of you who have known me over the years I have always been Mr Positive and I see no reason to change that now!

Yes we have lost a couple of great players. But every season we do. And we bring in new faces, one or two of the young ones bubble through to the first team, and we always seem to make do.

Same applies now. And the new faces we have brought in during the window seem to be quality signings.

So here's hoping for a good start to the season. It would be good to break the habit of slow through to Xmas and then turning it on for the second half of the season.

COYW

clanky

I fully support the need to move on and support the current players.

We all have a common aim in supporting the club, whether you are a season ticket holder of 30 years or an occasional armchair viewer.

Our shared bond is supprting that funny little club down by thr river

We've always lost good players who want to progress their career and the only constant being change.

It's an opportunity for current team members and new signings to shine

Let focus on the present, we've had the best 3 years ever.

It's all so Fulham-ish, would we want it any other way

The Bronsons

I'm fairly upbeat. The Dempsey saga needed ending, and hate him? - no, not at all. Disappointed, but he was a great player for us and the hurt will fade.

Good players coming in and our policy of buying good kids and good older players looks balanced and sensible. Light in midfield, but Jol has been looking to change the philosophy of the team and fewer CMs and more wingers is probably along those lines.

Expecting an exciting and sometimes nervous few months.

MJG

I'm fine with how things have worked out. We could have done with another CM but we have enough to muddle through to January, and who knows we might just find a great combination.
If you look at the players profile page the 4 strikers in a row are:
Berbatov-Ruiz-Petric-Rodellaga
Mr Jol thankyou for that front line.

mr-ska

I resigned myself to losing Dempsey at the final whistle of the last game of the season. Dembele was a blow. But im more than chuffed with the summers trading!

mccscratch

I am actually expecting something special from Ruiz... I think he is going to be planted in the middle of the park and expected to provide that creative bit that Clint and Moussa did.

Berba... I mean what can you say... we have a true goal scorer and I was already excited about Pertric from day 1.

Richardson will turn out to be a worthwhile signing and still provide fun weekly training battles for Frei and Kaca to try and earn starts each week.

I actually think we hammer the Hammers today... 2 or 3 nil
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Berserker

I really didn't think we would lose Dembele, although thought Dempsey was a goner. Sad about both of them  going. We do have strikers now which we didn't have much of for the first half of last year, eg the Zamora  situation. I think as Dempsey stepped up to fill the void last year, some of our players will do that this year to fill the mid field void we now have. If not we have money to buy somebody in January
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Oh Dear.

If you had shown to me the squad ins and outs as I moaned about the lack of players way back. I am afraid I would have said - TOLD YOU SO.

The squad is very weak in so many places. We only bought three players in and three left. OK Halliche was one of them. But my point is the squad is vunerable. So as a moaner I continue to moan. However the transfer stuff is over. So we turn to the team.

We have lost our two most talented players. It is going to be a tough season. Down to Jol to make it work. Sure he will.

By the way to all the fans staying after Clint has gone. Thanks lads
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Classic94

Like I said a while back, Jol is putting faith in youth. I expect Briggs, Frei, Mesca + Trotta to get plenty of gametime this season. Burn, Minkwitz, Donegan + Williams may also feature. I just hope it's not too much change, too soon.

ffc73

I can concur with all the previous posters replies AmericanJames and can add

I am delighted that we have a team that attracts supporters from anywhere.  May it continue (as it will mean we are successful in our own way) and the long distance fan is as welcome as those fortunate to get to the games more frequently.

I have never 'hated' or disliked Jol.  He has a job to do, one that Roy and Hughes avoided by moving on, and I am as comfortable as one can be following FFC as we tend to fear the worst.  Probably from times of looking into the abyss of Conference football or oblivion.  

Hate Dempsey? No, grateful for his service, pleased he did not go to Liverpool and we can all move on from the saga.

Ready to turn my ticket in?  Not a chance.  Just leaving to catch the train to West Ham

Alternative

I am fine. Very happy to have Berbatov as a player plus other signings that could turn out well. Clint was always going to go, but we got £6million for him in the end. Dembele was brilliant at Man Utd but I also remember his over complicated runs where he got dispossessed or failed to make a telling pass. He has probably come good but he could always slip back. Either way we got good money for him.

One thing I dislike is the chippiness of Fulham fans towards players that leave. I was glad to see Zamora go and Bullard to Hull was great business but moaning about Clint's determination to get away seems a waste of time. He was a great player and I am very grateful for all he did over the years.

jarv

James, very pleased is my answer. I have to say, I don't think there has been too much negativity over the summer. Too much repetition maybe about the Dems. but it is summer after all.