watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov eligible?

Started by Whitewash, September 01, 2012, 08:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitewash

Conflicting views on this one. The Guardian say he is ineligible, but the club seemingly confirmed his eligibility on twitter. Anyone know for sure?

mr-ska

The rule is he would of have to of signed by 12 yesterday...  the annoucement was made at 3.  But that doesnt mean he didnt sign earlier. My feeling is that he wont be able to play.

MJG

In the video he was going off with the team and he did not say no to playing.

craig10

Only a guess but I think it was signed before 12. I think all our signings were revealed a fair bit after they had already signed. Same with the Iranian/German sky reported at 10.55 but he was signed way before that.

Lighthouse

In the interview on the offal it was suggested he would be ok to play if picked.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

craig10

Plus as soon as it was announced he had done his pictures and interview and a walk around And even done some training whereas most signings were revealed straight away with other clubs (before pictures and interviews)

tommy

He hasnt played a minute of football so far this season so he's not going to be fit enough to play in this one anyway.

Burt

Would be surprised if he got a start partly because of lack of preparation from a fitness and a tactics point of view.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Burt on September 01, 2012, 09:52:33 AM
Would be surprised if he got a start partly because of lack of preparation from a fitness and a tactics point of view.

I would at least expect him to be on the bench if he's eligible

VicHalomsLovechild

I heard he trained, why bother if you're not going to be in the reckoning. There's an international break next week so plenty of time to get up to speed. My guess (hope) is Jol was checking his fitness and suitability for today. Berbatov on the bench and waiting to get on would worry any defender.

General

He wrote on twitter on his twitter account and it was infferred on the offal video interview that he's eligble to start  - he's gone with the squad to the game and i think trained as well. I think the club had everything signed in time just didn't announce it till later.

VicHalomsLovechild

Actually thinking about it having Richardson available may be more important.

CincyFulham1

Would it be considered Bervatovish for him to come on with 30mins remaining and score the first time he takes possesion of the ball.

rusty shackleford

His Twitter:

Match day for my new club, I am so excited to put on the white shirt today, I am off to prepare. Let's get 3 point today!! :))

So he will at least be on the bench

bobby01

Ssn says he is eligible just now
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

cebu

He's on the bench - but Ruiz is unavailable!