News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is Dempseys role actually going to be at Tottenham?....

Started by General, September 01, 2012, 10:43:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

He's signed a three year contract and obviously if we're being honest they are a step up and moreso than any move to Liverpool, but realistically has he just signed his next three years to be on the bench?

Aaron Lennon, Moussa Dembele, Scott Parker, Gareth Bale, Sygurdsson and Sandro aren't going to just let him walk into the first team. Not to mention they still have Jenas and Huddlestone in their squad.

Has he been bought in as a direct RVDV replacement? Could that bring too much pressure onto him?

His past has always shown that it's taken him a while to get into the swing of things under new managers but he's always impressed and forced his way into the starting lineup, but is he the type of flair player spurs fans want to watch? Will flair over graft win out?

alexbishop

Squad player me thinks. I don't believe Villas Boas will get the best out of him.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

nose

They needed an american player to boost shirt sales uin the USA, he will enjoy keeping his occasional place on the bench warm. I can't see him fitting in, or the manager style suiting him. Jol worked wonders with clint and like so many others he didn't know when he was well off!
His one big asset is he is bversatile and can play in midfield or as a make shift centre forward. So maybe he'll get more time on the pitch than we think but spurs fans are a very unforgiving bunch and I am not sure they will take to his leisurley style.

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

SKSW6

AVB used to play a weird 4-3-3 at Porto with one of the front three a natural winger and another as an inverted one. Dempsey would certainly fit the latter category. It's what he tried to do with Sturridge at Chelsea by putting him on the right when he was a left footer.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Frankly My Dear, I do not give a damn ! 

I think it was a no brainier, £6M is not outrageous for a 29 year old who has played in the Premiership and with his Nation team  for more than 5 years and has experience of playing  via the Europa.  He is not injury prone and has a history of a hard working player.   I am really surprised  more clubs were not after him.  He may take a while to break into the team but when he does he will keep his place  probably playing behind Adebayor.
Tottenham do not need shirt sales, not really, their fan base is frightening  in size, they have a waiting list for the waiting list.  The current waiting list is the same number as their Season Ticket Numbers,  .............................the swines !!!! 

WORTHINGFULHAM