watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey again

Started by nose, September 01, 2012, 10:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I would rather we had of kept him but he was never a great favorite of mine. By the way i met him and he was really charming so this is just my impression of him as a player.
BUT
He had onereally good sustained season, the last one under Jol and he really changed his game and it worked wonders but I recall earlier performances such at the portsmouth match where we needed Murf's goal, and dempsey was just  a bit part player he didn't put his back into it prefering to stick to his ineffective flashy step over, long range shooting selfish slightly lazy style. He was actually substituted in that game. He wasn't roy's first choice, that was SD and Duff, in the game V Juve where he scored the sublime chip, he didn't start just like he didn't start the final, Roy prefered an unfit Bobby to a fit dempsey.
Exce[pt last season I found clint frustrating and generally underacheiving for us,, he did score a few goals but he could have been so much better, he was not a good team player, he played for himself. Under Jol he stopped the flashy stuff and long range shots, became a proper team player and critically learned to get in the box more and work on shooting from closer range, that is why he scored so many goals last season, because jol encouraged him to get in the box. He also worked harder at playing quicker passes with the rest of the team, I di note that he wouldn't for a long time ever pass to Moose, it became a bit of a joke where we sit because I kept pointing out that clint would not ever passs to him. Strangely when Bobyy left clint started to realise moose existed and worked a bit more with him. I don't know how they will get on at spurs.

I felt his principle problem stemmed from being raised the other side of the atlantic where football is not the principle sport. If he would have been from here I suspect he would have achieved far more. I wish him well but feel it will prove a poor move to spurs where i suspect he will enjoy watching most of his games from the bench.

We haven't missed clint thios season so far scoring 7 times in two games. I don't think he is as big loss as some imagine.