more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dempsey Thanks

Started by Peabody, September 01, 2012, 11:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SKSW6

Clint Dempsey ‏@clint_dempsey
Excited about the next chapter with Tottenham. Also wanted to thank the Fulham fans for 5 1/2 years, many great memories. ✌

bulgariawhite

PLEASE STOP THIS DEMPSEY 'THANKS' BIT. HE'S GONE LETS MOVE ON. He didin't exactly leave in a good light, and if Tottenham hadn't have come in he wouldn't have gone anywhere

General

You know what, I'm not sure, in all honesty that he did much wrong. He was the subject of a lot of wrong but when you think about it there's not a lot he did wrong. Yes you could say he should've played and may have got his move that way but, if we're being honest with you, if you were in his position the chance of getting injured over the last big contract/chance to prove yourself is a good enough reason for any professional footballer.

It's was Liverpools arrogance and FSG's mistake when posting Dempsey on their site that was the main issue.

Dempsey was ambitious, you can't fault that - and since everything exploded he hasn't said a word , kept quiet and has just thanked the club, it's fans and MAF which I thought was tasteful. He also moved to spurs which makes it more bearable as it proves he just wanted to play at a higher level and wasn't too fussed about liverpool.

It would've been interesting to see who he would've chosen though having been given the choice - but he didn't have it.

You know what he's conducted himself much better and what he gave to this club far outweighs the negatives, even if he only played to his full potential for one season. He's left, we've got the spine of a very good team (need CM's! - Reo- Coker anyone?) and need to build from here!

I wish him all the best apart from against us. If it weren't for his goal against Juve/Liverpool etc we wouldn't have had such a platform to improve from, in fact we may well have been in the Championship. Thanks Dempsey for all you've done for us. I for one, will be clapping you when you're back!

bulgariawhite

Take your point. Liverpool USA caused the problem, but you cannot refuse to play.
The thing is he has gone, and now is the time to move on. I will always have the memories of what he did. The same as all the bad times for Fulham in the past. Let's just get on with things and hope we over achieve without him

Senior Supporter

If your manager wants you to play, you play. You don't just sit around, whether it be to avoid injury, or to try and force a transfer. Why else would we still be paying his wages?