News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The bench today goes to show how thin our squad is....

Started by General, September 01, 2012, 12:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

And I include the fact that Ruiz, Senderos and Dejagah aren't included. Apart from Berba and Stockdale I don't have full confidence in the others and there's a lot of youth - they have potential admittedly but still there's got to be a defining point where you stop to be a young player with potential to being a consistant and valued first teamer - I'm not saying these players wont do it, but they aren't strong options in my mind until they announce themselves with consistancy.

Kaka has great potential same with frei and a lot going on seems to suggest that Fulham are biding their time till these players and the others from the academy grow to be ready for the first team. Should be interesting.

alexbishop

We really shouldn't be needing to hav this convo the day after the window shuts...it's a shame
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Bradstow

Quote from: General on September 01, 2012, 12:41:28 PM

And I include the fact that Ruiz, Senderos and Dejagah aren't included. Apart from Berba and Stockdale I don't have full confidence in the others and there's a lot of youth - they have potential admittedly but still there's got to be a defining point where you stop to be a young player with potential to being a consistant and valued first teamer - I'm not saying these players wont do it, but they aren't strong options in my mind until they announce themselves with consistancy.

Kaka has great potential same with frei and a lot going on seems to suggest that Fulham are biding their time till these players and the others from the academy grow to be ready for the first team. Should be interesting.

Trouble is, they don't get better if they don't play. All too often a good prospect languishes on the bench until he is 23 or 24 and is then just disappears.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

os5889

nor is there any point in this discussion, its not like we can do anything about it! no point in complaining for the sake of making noise

General

Quote from: os5889 on September 01, 2012, 12:47:12 PM
nor is there any point in this discussion, its not like we can do anything about it! no point in complaining for the sake of making noise

loans? Free transfers? Papa Bouba Diop?

MasterHaynes

The difference today was not that they had better players it was that they got players behind the ball and defended when the ball was laid back for a Fulham player to shoot, we didn't.

Our squad is OK and Berbatov showed he is still the quality player he was a few years ago.Kaca played well when he came on, add Ruiz, Frei and Dejagah to the mix we have a very good squad of players. We just need to start faster, even against Norwich for the first 15-20 minutes we were slow, letting them move the ball around in front of us and putting a long ball through which they should have scored from.

No player had a really bad game, Schwarzer, Hangeland could have been better in some of their decision making, on another day they will be our best players. Richardson held onto the ball a bit too long, put down he was not sure where the other players were otherwise he had a reasonable debut. Sidwell could have moved the ball forward quicker but was OK.

We can take satisfaction that the players did not capitulate in the 2nd half and might have even pulled a couple back with better luck.