watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What a shambles

Started by Beamer, September 01, 2012, 02:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beamer

Not just the fact that we looked awful today with no midfield organiser with any vision and little sign of a captain figure on the pitch but also that we couldn't manage to sign a 19 year old whose club thought he had gone. Plus reports that we also failed to get Wilson Palacios. Yet again our last day signing business is a fiasco. Players today looked pretty fed up with life apart from Sidwell who just looked as if he didn't know where he was or what he was doing.
We are weaker after the window, even allowing for Berbatov, with little apparent strength in depth and the players looked like they realised it with a long injury list already - MJ has a lot of work to do to get this side up and ready for the battles to come, the break may be a bonus for us.   

Lighthouse

Firstly I must complain about your name. Beamer is very close to the sarcastic name I am called for my bright and shiny posts. Secondly I agree with everything you say. Thirdly welcome to FOF. Hope you have better days to comment on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 01, 2012, 03:04:24 PM
Hope you have better days to comment on.

Can't happen. It's an inexorable downward slide with no light at the end of the tunnel.

You know that.

Logicalman

Nurse: Happy pill over to TG's bed please.

Overall not a good day. SWMBO had the best description: Pathetic. Then again, I thought that was being too kind.

Lighthouse

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 01, 2012, 03:10:18 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 01, 2012, 03:04:24 PM
Hope you have better days to comment on.

Can't happen. It's an inexorable downward slide with no light at the end of the tunnel.

You know that.

I do but I am always a glass half full sort of person.  fp.gif
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

The hospital I'm in has tried to buy happy pills but ended up with generic, low strength, cut price ones and can't buy decent ones until January.

CanadianCottager

Once we get Bryan and Ashkan in the starting lineup there's no worries, today was very much a hobbled together side, no attacking midfielders and no real ability to hold up the ball, next match I hope to see:
Schwarzer; Riether, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise; Diarra, Sidwell; Duff, Ruiz, Dejagah; Berbatov.

With that line up it will feel like Dembele and Dempsey were never even here to begin with. That being said, Richardson was torrid today, I really hope he steps up his game in the coming weeks.
oztralian :German-flag: 000en.gif  1491  1491 ; (we need a Malian flag for Diarra)  000en.gif ;  ROI flag  cr flag (and an Iranian flag for Dejagah) ;  dbf
COYW!

the nutflush

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 01, 2012, 03:18:54 PM
The hospital I'm in has tried to buy happy pills but ended up with generic, low strength, cut price ones and can't buy decent ones until January.

Maybe you could get some on loan?  Spit em back out at the end of the season?

jazz hardrockin

"What a shambles"..... what's the point discussing the obvious?  :005:
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

Logicalman

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 01, 2012, 03:18:54 PM

Ahh, that Belgium brand we used to have you mean. Perhaps the FHS will negotiate a better standard of tablet come the new year, though I do hear about some Anglo-Bulga brand we are trying, maybe just takes getting used to to settle down the stomach?

Beamer

Sorry about the name Lighthouse but I was Old Man when FFC decided that they didn't want us fans having a say on their pretty new website (far more important to have inane videos of chickens picking results - what do they think we are) and Beamer was my nickname for a lifetime in the office before retirement and Spain called. Obviously my posts will be only a candle to to your beacon and thanks for the welcome. 

RidgeRider

Quote from: Beamer on September 01, 2012, 04:10:11 PM
Sorry about the name Lighthouse but I was Old Man when FFC decided that they didn't want us fans having a say on their pretty new website (far more important to have inane videos of chickens picking results - what do they think we are) and Beamer was my nickname for a lifetime in the office before retirement and Spain called. Obviously my posts will be only a candle to to your beacon and thanks for the welcome. 

Welcome Beamer!