watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Merged Threads

Started by Grant, September 01, 2012, 11:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant

I don't know about anyone else, but when I see a merged thread it almost puts me off reading any of it.
I'm not sure I understand the fascination on here of merging threads. If a thread is not interesting it will quickly die a natural death, why do we have to put them all together in one big mess of a thread?

Obviously you guys have the controls, but this section is for feedback, and I just want to say that I hate it with a passion.

Logicalman

I can understand some of your frustration, but when there are multiple threads on exactly the same subject, then they are merged.

That is the way the MB has been run for a long time, and most users seem to understand and appreciate the fact that the mods here try to keep some order, rather than leave it to run into the same disorder that killed off the offal.

As you correctly say, you can ignore such threads, and that is why it works.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Logicalman on September 02, 2012, 01:30:23 AM

I can understand some of your frustration, but when there are multiple threads on exactly the same subject, then they are merged.

That is the way the MB has been run for a long time, and most users seem to understand and appreciate the fact that the mods here try to keep some order, rather than leave it to run into the same disorder that killed off the offal.

As you correctly say, you can ignore such threads, and that is why it works.

I'm disappointed in the lack of logic  in this comment.  :dft012: When threads are merged there seems to be no contunuity. Its difficult to determine what  has and what one hasn't read and for that matter to whom the others are commenting. Let each die on its own IMHO.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.