watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Great Quote from Aresene Wenger and Applying it to Fulham

Started by alexbishop, September 02, 2012, 03:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexbishop

"There are instant reactions on every single media. Our society has moved from a bit of distance with events to a highly emotional society, because there is a straight-away reaction from the whole society on every single event that happens. We have moved from a thinking society to an emotional society and we have to live with that."

Think you can apply this to a lot of teams in the Premiership including ourselves. Southampton for example have lost 2 out of 2. It would be very easy to make a knee jerk reaction and call for Adkin's head but they need to be given time. Guardian made the point that It took Swansea five games to score a goal. Norwich didn't win a game until the end of September last season. Likewise Aresnal who have taken a couple of games to start scoring goals.

We always panic after poor games and poor starts to the season but we need to maybe step back and reserve judgment for a few weeks and let Jol have a tinker with his midfield and see what he can come up without.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

beijing ben

I understand where you are coming from but it's not just three poor results, it is having to get through until January without a recognised central midfield playmaker. I don't blame anyone for it, it is the way it is. We have to stay behind the team and recognise their situation. Maybe one of the youngsters will step up like Frei and Kaca (Minkwitz maybe)

RidgeRider

its a good quote and has a great deal of truth in it.

We have started out the last three seasons slowly and then turned it around after the break. We keep saying we can't keep doing it, but we do.

Its fine to be disappointed with our window and of course then the next day losing to a team that spanked us last time we played at their ground as well..... but the season is long and we do have some quality and our manager will eventually get this team playing well together.....just like he did last season. If we base our assessment of the team on yesterdays match only, then it looks bleak, but in context.......away game against a team that was truly up for it and having just lost our playmaker...our club is not in bad shape, bad hands or going to be in a relegation scrap IMHO.

We may struggle a bit in the early part of the season but Jol will find the solution with the talent we have.

alexbishop

Quote from: beijing ben on September 02, 2012, 04:06:58 PM
I understand where you are coming from but it's not just three poor results, it is having to get through until January without a recognised central midfield playmaker. I don't blame anyone for it, it is the way it is. We have to stay behind the team and recognise their situation. Maybe one of the youngsters will step up like Frei and Kaca (Minkwitz maybe)

Well we do have recognised central midfielders in Diarra, Sidwell, Baird, Kasami. Jol gets paid the big bucks to come up with a system that gets the best out of these players, all of which have their own qualities.

Yes we lack a creative box to box partner for Diarra, but that doesn't mean Jol can't either adapt his system to negate the need for that sort of player or can't convert someone else into tha type of player.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

Berserker

I've thought on after my initial disappointment at yesterday's result and our tranfer proceedings.  I feel that other players who were not given the chance to have a proper   go at playing, and thus shining because they were blocked by our stars, will now have the opportunity to do so. I really believe there will be one or two players that will step into the void, especially when Jol moves people about. It wasn't until Jol moved Dembele to a different position because needs must last season that we found he was the superstar he became.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

beijing ben

Quote from: alexbishop on September 02, 2012, 04:09:17 PM
Quote from: beijing ben on September 02, 2012, 04:06:58 PM

Well we do have recognised central midfielders in Diarra, Sidwell, Baird, Kasami. Jol gets paid the big bucks to come up with a system that gets the best out of these players, all of which have their own qualities.

Yes we lack a creative box to box partner for Diarra, but that doesn't mean Jol can't either adapt his system to negate the need for that sort of player or can't convert someone else into tha type of player.

I hope you are right and i look forward to seeing that system. The football is unlikely to be pretty but if it gets us results, fine. Jol has a tough job, for sure...

General

Quote from: alexbishop on September 02, 2012, 03:47:07 PM
"There are instant reactions on every single media. Our society has moved from a bit of distance with events to a highly emotional society, because there is a straight-away reaction from the whole society on every single event that happens. We have moved from a thinking society to an emotional society and we have to live with that."

Think you can apply this to a lot of teams in the Premiership including ourselves. Southampton for example have lost 2 out of 2. It would be very easy to make a knee jerk reaction and call for Adkin's head but they need to be given time. Guardian made the point that It took Swansea five games to score a goal. Norwich didn't win a game until the end of September last season. Likewise Aresnal who have taken a couple of games to start scoring goals.

We always panic after poor games and poor starts to the season but we need to maybe step back and reserve judgment for a few weeks and let Jol have a tinker with his midfield and see what he can come up without.

Emotions are a better averaging factor - people work better when you value emotional values - calmness, adapatability. Intellectual intelligence is moving more towards emotional intelligence - it's how people interact, it's how people feel and earn respect. The world has soo much information floating around and everyone can learn a bit of everything so this means everyone has more of an opinion about everything. It well known that if someone has an ounce of intelligence and drive it opens up our subconcious and concious mind and allows us to develop and learn what is needed - a survival instinct if you want to call it that.

Nowadays as well, a lot of the big developments in life or things that bring business meaning can be accomplished in days if done properly.

That said I think we could, as a society be a lot better - and I include myself in this - and just calming down a  lot. more.

jarv

One bad game but why does it always have to be West Ham. :014:  I was hoping they wouldn't make it back up to the prem. because of our record agaiinst them.

Will be fine as the season progresses but I do have questions about how, after 3 months of rumours, Fulham could lose the Dems in the last few days, and not have a suitable replacement. Thank goodness for Berb. but I think it was pure chance he was available.

Burt

There is a lot of truth to that quote.

Combine immediate emotional reactions (and the ability to express these to a broad audience) with the generally higher expectations that a lot of our fan base now has compared to the past and it is a potent mix...

Berserker

Apparently according to Mr B who saw a documentary on it, there are alot more players about without contracts as clubs don't want to tie themselves up with players they may not use. Therefore there may be more about than we thought that we could get in outside of the transfer window

- Martin Luther King Jr.

alexbishop

"Not everything is right when you win and not everything is wrong when you lose"
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

Berserker

Sounds like something out of the Lord of the Rings. i agree

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

All true but the banking system collapsed for a reason. Stupid people thinking they were clever and could get away with making stupid decisions. Fulham are not in trouble becuase they lost at United and Sheffield and West Ham. They are in trouble because the manager of Fulham makes a statement about what he wants and needs. Then little good happens. So he is a manager with a squad that is still old and less talent. Yes a few kids are coming through. But I moaned at bringing in old players while waiting for the yourh. But we haven't even done that. We lost more players than we have brought in.

The squad is as poor as it has ever been in the Prem. Some will argue that fact. We were on the brink of being a top 8 side. Looking at the way we build and the players. This is no knee jerk reaction about the club.

People were moaning and warning about the banking system for years. Others are doing the same since the season started about Fulham.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Quote from: alexbishop on September 02, 2012, 03:47:07 PM

I'm sorry. Who is panicking? Who has called for Jol's head? And, if we're supposed to wait for a few more weeks before we make a judgment, shouldn't those who have decided that all will be alright be required to wait a few more weeks before saying that?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel