watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mark Hughes makes me laugh

Started by bobby01, September 02, 2012, 10:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

3 games lost 2 drawn 1 for2 against 9.  Quote " I can see we are improving from last season"
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Rupert

Be fair, nobody has tonked them 6-0 yet, have they?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Classic94

Quote from: Rupert on September 02, 2012, 10:50:37 PM

No, only 5-0. Hughes has a very strange way of measuring 'improvement'.

Holders

He obviously does have a sense of humour after all!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Aaron

He spent a piss ton of money on largely irrelevant players.. This is how he defines improvement.

If ever a club deserved to go down it's these clowns.  I did want them to stay up at one stage for the sake of having a legitimate local rival,  but with the sheer volume of transfers and the mercenary approach.. yeuch.

Logicalman

Quote from: Classic94 on September 02, 2012, 11:06:05 PM
Quote from: Rupert on September 02, 2012, 10:50:37 PM

No, only 5-0. Hughes has a very strange way of measuring 'improvement'.

about the same as his ambition then  :dead horse:

CincyFulham1

Quote from: Aaron on September 03, 2012, 12:34:44 AM
He spent a piss ton of money on largely irrelevant players.. This is how he defines improvement.

If ever a club deserved to go down it's these clowns.  I did want them to stay up at one stage for the sake of having a legitimate local rival,  but with the sheer volume of transfers and the mercenary approach.. yeuch.

They only spent about 15M, hardly a ton of money....we'll not to football club in the transfer window anyway.  My QPR friend has been going crazy for 2 weeks because all the journos keep saying that they have spent alot of money when a simple glance at who they sign and the the fees paids would indicate otherwise.....I hope they go down too. Ians a good guy but the rest of thier supporters are a bunch of knuckle dragging neanderthals.

Fletchino

£15 million spend is this weeks wages bill.

CincyFulham1

Quote from: FLETCHINO on September 03, 2012, 06:25:01 AM
£15 million spend is this weeks wages bill.

Now that could be true. read somwhere that Park is on 70 a week.

fulhamben

does that 15 mil include signing on fees?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

What makes laugh is that Fernandes and qpr fans are trying to say that by off loading people like Helguson, Hall, cook etc that they have shaved thousands of pounds off their wages. What they don't day is that the players coming in are possibly double what they were getting paid.
Their wages must be massive and I would even say higher than our £50 odd million budget.

Nero

Hughes is spending for the very short term he's hoping QPR can get near the top so when the next decent job comes up he can jump ship as quick as you can say "ambition"

Nero

Just read that open letter from John W Henry and I like the bit where he says

"Spending is not merely about buying talent. Our ambitions do not lie in cementing a mid-table place with expensive, short-term quick fixes that will only contribute for a couple of years"  it is at QPR JW

AlFayedsChequebook

This article might interest some people:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2196601/Charles-Sale-Bhatias-doubts-QPR-future.html

Bhatia's doubts over QPR future

alk in the QPR dressing room is that the big-spending club had to persuade their richest benefactor to stay on board this season.
QPR have bought virtually an entire team during the summer, underlining the importance of continued support from vice-chairman Amit Bhatia, who looks after the 34 per cent holding owned by his steel magnate father-in-law Lakshmi Mittal, Britain's wealthiest individual.

However, it is understood the Mittal family, who had an option to withdraw their backing in the close season, needed plenty of convincing from chairman Tony Fernandes to keep faith with the money-no-object QPR project.
The Mittals had come close to ditching their shareholding a year earlier when they questioned whether their investment was worth it.
'We had the conversation when things got very difficult,' said Bhatia.
Fernandes heads the three-strong consortium with a 66 per cent stake.