watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov allegedly tried to revive Fiorentina move DURING Fulham medical -

Started by bigalffc, September 02, 2012, 10:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

Fulham signing Dimitar Berbatov desperately tried to resurrect a move to Fiorentina on deadline day, it has been revealed.

The former Manchester United striker was all set to sign for Fiorentina before interference from Juventus eventually led him to joining Fulham.

Italian press reports state Berbatov phoned Fiorentina directors in a bid to apologise for standing them up and asked if they had signed a new forward yet – as he was undergoing a medical at Fulham!

However, the response was cool to say the least and director of sport Daniele Pradè has not forgiven him for this sensational and embarrassing snub.

Read more at http://tribalfootball.com/articles/berbatov-desperately-tried-revive-fiorentina-move-during-fulham-medical-3494061#XItd27Wew1JFX1ei.99
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

alexbishop

His medical was the day before the window shut. If he so desperately didn't want to sign for us he could have told us thanks but no thanks and got his agent to ring round clubs on deadline day to find something better.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Berserker

It's tribal footbal reporting it so they could have made it up. Anyway I don't care he is here now
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

zander

I came across this on the site I write for and it has been reported on multiple sites. The most reliable being Football Italia however the sources seem questionable to me.

As AB said his medical was the day before and from what the sources claim I interpreted it another way. To me it just seems that he called Fiorentina to apologise for not arriving and asked if they'd managed to find another striker, not that he wanted to revive the deal.

berbafan

He called to apologize - not to revive the bid - they were his third choice behind Juve.

Rupert

Quote from: zander on September 02, 2012, 10:47:02 PM
I came across this on the site I write for and it has been reported on multiple sites. The most reliable being Football Italia however the sources seem questionable to me.

As AB said his medical was the day before and from what the sources claim I interpreted it another way. To me it just seems that he called Fiorentina to apologise for not arriving and asked if they'd managed to find another striker, not that he wanted to revive the deal.

That seems like a very sensible and level headed assessment of the whole situation.

Mods, surely this poster needs to be banned immediately!  :Get Coat gif:
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

General

Tribal football without a single quote... Berbatov and his agent when asked on numerous occassions including by offal interview said once he knew of Fulhams interest it was the only club.

Berba has a reputation for being a gentleman and this doesn't make me think otherwise - to apologise and ask if they've signed another striker could have been a courtesy call and a gentlemanly thing to do - if he even did ring them up.

He also for quite well publicised reasons stayed here for family reasons - so to ask to move his family doesn't make sense one bit.

jazz hardrockin

No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

General

Quote from: jazz hardrockin on September 02, 2012, 11:13:44 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-ham-3-0-fulham-martin-1297936   ... 064.gif

And that's funny because??.... That makes the whole situation even more depressing as even berbatov is having second thoughts about the club he's only just joined. If only we had kept Dembele.

berbafan

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-ham-3-0-fulham-martin-1297936   ... 064.gif

"He was disappointed, but luckily he was too lazy to get up and leave and we managed to keep him in the building till the deadline"

jazz hardrockin

And who told you about the "second taughts'???...
It's funny because this forum is stuffed with "doom and gloom" people who will start a new tread just for the sake of "doom and gloom"...how pathetic is that if you don't trust your own manager as of actually what may or may not happened during the signing of Berba...
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.

fulhamben

second thoughts? he signed before the 12 oclock deadline. if he had signed later on in the day i could believe this. but he was at the club from first thing in the morning... and lets not forget, he flew back from italy speciffically  to sign for us.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

berbafan

No matter what Jol says, Dembele's departure did not come out of the blue and he should have spent the money from Dembele's sale in this transfer window.  Absolutely no excuse not to get another quality CM-er when you have the money, know that both Dembele and Dempsey are most likely leaving, and there are 2-3 days still left in the window.

fulhamben

Quote from: berbafan on September 02, 2012, 11:51:43 PM
No matter what Jol says, Dembele's departure did not come out of the blue and he should have spent the money from Dembele's sale in this transfer window.  Absolutely no excuse not to get another quality CM-er when you have the money, know that both Dembele and Dempsey are most likely leaving, and there are 2-3 days still left in the window.
what has that got to do with the price of eggs
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

RidgeRider

Fulham accepting the Dembele bid was published on Tuesday. Berba didn't sign till Friday. This story seems a deliberate attempt to create trouble. Not to be believed.

bigalffc

Quote from: jazz hardrockin on September 02, 2012, 11:36:49 PM
And who told you about the "second taughts'???...
It's funny because this forum is stuffed with "doom and gloom" people who will start a new tread just for the sake of "doom and gloom"...how pathetic is that if you don't trust your own manager as of actually what may or may not happened during the signing of Berba...
I merely found an article I felt was of interest, if you don't like people starting new threads DON'T READ 'EM
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

ffcbulgaria

"Fulham have money in the bank but after Bobby Zamora and Danny Murphy, another creative influence has left Craven Cottage."

I'm pissed we have lost the creative force that Zamora was...or wait... am I?

He asked wheres Dembele going and he knew and then he signed to play with him.... ? Or maybe he signed to play football after being frozen out from the game by the idiot SAF is... like he said in the interview.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: berbafan on September 02, 2012, 11:30:10 PM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-ham-3-0-fulham-martin-1297936   ... 064.gif

"He was disappointed, but luckily he was too lazy to get up and leave and we managed to keep him in the building till the deadline"

Whats this poetic licence to add your own comment to the quote?
'he was too lazy to get up and leave '

Poor attempt at a wind up, we've all read the actual quote which did not include your addition and as if Jol would say that about a player he had just signed. Go back to the Rangers site

ffcbulgaria

Berbatov at his press-conference in Sofia:

"I never accepted any offer from Fiorentina. We decided to fly to Italy to stir things and eventually generate more interest. Once I received the calls from Juventus and then Fulham I didnt hesistate. There was only one option for me - i knew which manager I want to play for and where my and my family's interest is and there was only one choice I could make. After all the most important thing for me at the moment is to play football."

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on September 03, 2012, 10:31:10 AM
Berbatov at his press-conference in Sofia:

"I never accepted any offer from Fiorentina. We decided to fly to Italy to stir things and eventually generate more interest. Once I received the calls from Juventus and then Fulham I didnt hesistate. There was only one option for me - i knew which manager I want to play for and where my and my family's interest is and there was only one choice I could make. After all the most important thing for me at the moment is to play football."

Some nice comments there.

I get the feeling he will be a bit of a hero for us this season. Just the tonic after losing some key players