News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anyone else thinks there is unrest in the changing room?

Started by MikeCdawg, September 03, 2012, 03:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamMic

MJG

Quote from: FulhamMic on September 03, 2012, 09:39:34 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 03, 2012, 09:36:55 AMIt looks as though the board has let down Jol significantly.

What makes you say that?
I think that would be because the CEO deals with the signings from a list given by Jol. Jol would clearly talk to the players he wants but paperwork/wages would be done by the bean counters.
Given we did not get the targets he wanted, the board/ceo let him down possibly, or it was just that it all went a bit pete tong on the day.

Lighthouse

Quote from: FulhamMic on September 03, 2012, 09:39:34 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 03, 2012, 09:36:55 AM
It looks as though the board has let down Jol significantly.

What makes you say that?

Jol had a squad he needed to change. Players were publicly upset. They threw things at passers by and screamed rude words. But Jol was the manager and if players cannot accept that it is not his problem. So three hundred and fourteen players were moved on. He publicly said we need three hundred and twelve players to fill the void. Despite all the time we actually brought in a tea lady and a donkey whisperer. The people doing the deals are sort of to blame.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Peabody

Still have'nt seen any evidence to back up these claims. Or is the evidence just what someone has read in the papers?

FulhamMic

Since no one knows exactly which players we were targeting, how those conversations went, how close we got to signing any of them, how many of the deals collapsed due to our wage structure and the club's (pretty responsible) reluctance to break it, then I think stating the board let Jol down, without any hard evidence, is totally unnecessary.

rusty shackleford

I bet when Woy was in charge there were regular group hugs and towel spanks in the changing room

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: FulhamMic on September 03, 2012, 10:42:34 AM
Since no one knows exactly which players we were targeting, how those conversations went, how close we got to signing any of them, how many of the deals collapsed due to our wage structure and the club's (pretty responsible) reluctance to break it, then I think stating the board let Jol down, without any hard evidence, is totally unnecessary.

Come on now.

We let players go in CM and did not replace them. We know (from Sarah Brookes) that there were a load of people at Motspur on Fri night trying to tie up deals and they fell through.

Ultimately it was a bad few days for FFC. But this board has always been good in the past, so I think we will be fine.

FulhamMic

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 03, 2012, 10:54:25 AM
trying to tie up deals and they fell through

Yeah, but since we have no idea who they were or why they fell through it's a bit unfair to lay blame at this point.

- selling clubs could have changed their valuation (in their favour) as the clock ticked down
- other clubs could have come in with better offers
- time simply ran out
- work permit applications failed with no time to appeal
- players choosing other clubs when we weren't the only offer on the table
- failed medical
- not being prepared to be held ransom by agents and their fees

There are far too many reasons why deals don't come off to simply, and completely, blame the board.

Apprentice to the Maestro

It is such a fine line. If we had signed Derek Boateng on the last day then I think most people would, in time, have been very happy overall with our dealings given the difficulties caused by Dempsey and the release clause for Dembele.

MasterHaynes

EWM - while you are at it, can I please have the winning lottery numbers for the weekend?
064.gif

AlFayedsChequebook

Problems in the dressing room? Not for Berba:

"But for me the most important thing was that at Fulham I [would be] working with a man who I always liked and I'd like to work together [with him] again.
"The other day I played for Fulham and we was losing 3-0, but I felt like we were leading 6-0, I'm playing for a coach for which I'll die."

HatterDon

Anyone else thinks there is unrest in the changing room?

If there isn't then Fulham is unique in all of professional sports around the world. Only 11 players start. Everybody else SHOULD BE upset that they're not starting. The WORST situation possible is that all 30 players in the first team squad think that they're performing as often or as well as they should.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

beijing ben

Quote from: FulhamMic on September 03, 2012, 11:07:19 AM
Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on September 03, 2012, 10:54:25 AM
trying to tie up deals and they fell through

Yeah, but since we have no idea who they were or why they fell through it's a bit unfair to lay blame at this point.

- selling clubs could have changed their valuation (in their favour) as the clock ticked down
- other clubs could have come in with better offers
- time simply ran out
- work permit applications failed with no time to appeal
- players choosing other clubs when we weren't the only offer on the table
- failed medical
- not being prepared to be held ransom by agents and their fees

There are far too many reasons why deals don't come off to simply, and completely, blame the board.

Totally agree with you FulhamMic. Before Dembele left we were looking for cover for him. Then, after he left we were looking for someone to replace him. The players and their agents were then holding all the cards. Part of me is glad that we didn't give in to that. The other part is very worried now that we don't have anyone to play in that position..