more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (03/09/12)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 03, 2012, 04:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Berbatov: I've lost respect for Ferguson

Dimitar Berbatov admits he has lost some respect for former boss Alex Ferguson after the way his Manchester United career came to a frustrating end.

Berbatov, 31, eventually signed for Fulham on transfer dealine for £5 million after being frozen out at Old Trafford by Ferguson.

The Bulgaria international shied away from moves to both Fiorentina and Juventus at the last minute, while his former club Tottenham made a last-ditch attempt to re-sign him but to no avail.

Berbatov's loss of respect for Ferguson came from the way in which he believes he was treated unfairly at United in the closing months of his four-year spell there.

"I don't think I deserved such treatment at United - not playing (regularly) in the last year," Berbatov said. "I went more than ten, probably 15 times to ask the coach if they needed me, and every time I was told that I'm an important player and should not leave, but then again I was not in the team.

"Maybe I should've gone when he (Ferguson) left me out of the squad for the Champions League final (in 2011). I know he's the boss, but he has lost, to some extent, my respect because of the way he treated me."

The Fulham striker started his United career off successfully, finishing as the Premier League's joint top-scorer in the 2010-11 season with 20 goals. However, by the end, he and Ferguson were barely on speaking terms.

"I found it hard to accept his decision but I still have my dignity," he said. "I scored many goals, I won the league two times, and I was the league top scorer, so it's not bad. I'll have no problems playing against United as this has already happened in my career. But there's no point in looking back again. I said goodbye to the people who deserve it. I couldn't say goodbye to Ferguson."

Meanwhile, Berbatov's agent, Emil Danchev, revealed there was late interest from Spurs, who signed him from Bayer Leverkusen in 2006. "We were in touch with Tottenham at the last moment,'' he said.

Danchev also defended his player for allegedly breaking promises to Fiorentina and Juventus, preferring to remain in England.

"I cannot make promises on behalf of my client, whoever they might, be because my work principle is to create opportunities and options,'' he said. "The choice belongs to the person who makes the decision. We discussed all three options. Nobody promised anybody anything."

Fulham duo Mousa Dembele and Clint Dempsey moved to White Hart Lane last week, the latter a late deadline-day transfer completed once interest from Liverpool had waned.

Cottagers boss Martin Jol has revealed that Berbatov was looking forward to playing alongside Dembele, only to discover that he had been sold to Tottenham.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1150464?&cc=5739

jazz hardrockin

,,Аз познавам най-близките си хора и знам къде те ще се чувстват най-добре. Имам едно дете, сега ще имам и второ, трябва да мисля за семейството си"

Everyone  missed this one:
Translation: "I know my loved ones ,and I know where they will enjoy life better.I have one kid,now I expect second one and I have to think about well being of my family"

http://dariknews.bg/view_article.php?article_id=956587
No animal is being hurt in the making of this posting.