watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Centre Backs

Started by nose, September 03, 2012, 04:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

Usually I have noticed in recent seasons when we are confronted with a reat big lump of a centre forward Hughes marks him, or rather attacks the incoming ball first. Last time we played against carrol that was so and against crouch too. And it worked well. Hughes is expected to miss or at least not get a clean challenge but his challenge is sufficent to put off the striker who is expecting hangerland. But Hughes often wins the ball anyway and whatever happens the defence is ready for the knock down or loose ball. If hangwerland goes for the ball there is the expectation he will win the header and as such the defence is less well prepared for what happens if he doesn't.

On saturday hangerland marked carrol, he missed everything in the first half. I would suggest go back to the slightly perverse but more effective lettiing hughes attack the ball first when we play against a big lump, it is more effective.

Sorry for poor english but i hope the point is clear.

As far as the first west ham goals was concerned there were so many individual errors it is hard to know who to blame the most but nolan took his chance well.