watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Royston Drenthe

Started by fulhaman, September 03, 2012, 04:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhaman

Anyone up for this guy. He free atm and I though he did well for Everton even with his issues this may of chanced him not having a contact at a club may be perfect as he will work his socks off. i felt he played amazing against us last season. And he is young

Captain Peacock

Actually that isn't a bad call! Didn't realise he was available on a free.
Somewhere in deepest East Surrey
Follow me on twitter @pavo121

costarican white

Isn't he currently playing for Besiktas? that's the last I heard about him
Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

licker

Not a bad player for us, he played several games and scored a couple of goals,  He can turn a game with a flash of brilliance and then go to sleep thinking he's done enough. That attitude didn't please Moyes so he didn't take up the option of buying him, you cant lose much if he is on a free.

Bill.

Jack Fulham

I think the issue Everton had with him was that he didn't work his socks off.

Reindeer

Quote from: licker on September 03, 2012, 04:24:46 PM
Not a bad player for us, he played several games and scored a couple of goals,  He can turn a game with a flash of brilliance and then go to sleep thinking he's done enough. That attitude didn't please Moyes so he didn't take up the option of buying him, you cant lose much if he is on a free.

Bill.

I heard he was playing cards all night the day before the semi against Liverpool, hence being dropped.

I think the lad is toxic myself, so don't think he should be anywhere near the team.

Andy_M

I've heard some crazy stories about this guys off-field behaviour. Seems like a very 'bad egg' to me.
@got_maile

licker

Yeah he had a few issues but its a Joey Barton scenario isnt it,  I'd take him as a player, so you have to accept the problems he brings.

craig10

100% take him. With NO doubts

Max Headroom

potential to be brilliant, but no

elgreenio

why would we look at this guy when we have Frei and Kaca with Richardson as a solid option (let's blank the game he played 1 day after joining playing in a position he'd not played in a while). He's now also 25 years old
touch my camera through the fence

MasterHaynes

According to Everton fans apart from the outstanding goal against us and a few reasonable performances at the start of his tenure with Everton his form in general was not good, too easily caught out of position and wayward in some of his passing. His unwillingness to turn up on time for training and not put in 100% when he did turn up did also not endear hi to the other players. Definitely give this guy a pass,

He's young yet unattached even after a desperate deadline day for some premier clubs,there's a reason he is unattached, the same reason we should stay well clear.

licker

^^ Good Post ^^

If your not desperate leave him be, if you are desperate he's a good squad player for free.

Bill.

Huxley

I'd rather have Owen Hargreaves on a performance contract.

MrFFC

Good player but why would we need him when we have Duff Dejagah Kaca Frei Mesca and Davies who can play on the wings
Come on you Whites!! :)

cebu

Quote from: TheGreatGatsby on September 03, 2012, 06:42:32 PM
I'd rather have Owen Hargreaves on a performance contract.

I suspect Fulham would hardly have to pay anything then.    :005:

twang

We really have no need for another decent winger IMHO.

CH FFC

He really does have a lot of skill, and ability.  He may have some issues, however, Jol has done OK with a few players with similar attitude issues.
It would be a gamble, but if you are able to bring him in with a clause in his contract.  Clause being something like no play - no pay...or miss practice miss payday.  some such, pay as you play.  I think he could be worth the effort, because he does have the potential/skill/ability.  Give him a shot, if it works great!  if it does not work, cut him loose!  Another thing is if he came in and got his attitude right, performed well, and worked hard, then his value would go up.  Then get him to sign a contract, and sell him for profit.  :027:

hurricane_nz

Quote from: elgreenio on September 03, 2012, 05:58:39 PM
why would we look at this guy when we have Frei and Kaca with Richardson as a solid option (let's blank the game he played 1 day after joining playing in a position he'd not played in a while). He's now also 25 years old

Since when was being 25 an issue for a footballer? But if he has off field issues then steer clear of him I say!

jelmo

To be fair though, we have a lot of issues on the field in his position so I say give him a go.

Anything is worth a try at this point. Need some creativity which Sidwell just doesnt have.

Maybe put something in his contract that says we can let him go for no compensation if he f**ks up off the field.