News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR International Break Music thread... to cheer us up!

Started by mr-ska, September 04, 2012, 06:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldBrownShoe

Rag Mama Rag  The Band
Sunny Afternoon  The Kinks
I can't explain  The Who
Most Likely You'll Go Your Way And I'll Go Mine  Bob Dylan
Don't Give Up On Me  Solomon Burke
Lonely At The Top  Randy Newman
Surf's Up  The Beach Boys
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

OldBrownShoe

Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Badge out, laid off
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
l

mr-ska

THE SPECIALS VS HARRY J ALLSTARS (LIQUIDATOR)

Put The Specials version as well as Harry J's versions on...  CFC have nicked the latter..

The Equalizer

You might like this one Skasie. Saw them play it live at Rebellion Fest a month ago, it were ruddy incroyable!

Rancid- Time Bomb

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

OldBrownShoe

Thanks for that, Skasie, didn't know about their version.

However, if you don't already know of it can I strongly commend the version by Jazz Jamaica All Stars on their 2001 album Massive? Great album, some of their other albums Double Barrel and Skaravan are well worth having too.

I love Two Tone by the way as well as the original ska, bluebeat, rocksteady and reggae but long before Two Tone groups were waving the flag Georgie Fame was championing the music (along with Tamla Motown, Rhythm and Blues, Jazz, New Orleans music ) in the mid sixties to seventies. He was a big fan of Prince Buster and and often played his songs live and also recorded his lyrically rude song Dr Kitch.  Sorry I am a mine of useless information!

Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Badge out, laid off
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
l

mr-ska

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on September 04, 2012, 10:22:38 AM
Thanks for that, Skasie, didn't know about their version.

However, if you don't already know of it can I strongly commend the version by Jazz Jamaica All Stars on their 2001 album Massive? Great album, some of their other albums Double Barrel and Skaravan are well worth having too.

I love Two Tone by the way as well as the original ska, bluebeat, rocksteady and reggae but long before Two Tone groups were waving the flag Georgie Fame was championing the music (along with Tamla Motown, Rhythm and Blues, Jazz, New Orleans music ) in the mid sixties to seventies. He was a big fan of Prince Buster and and often played his songs live and also recorded his lyrically rude song Dr Kitch.  Sorry I am a mine of useless information!

Thanks very much OBS.. ill be checking the Jazz Jamaica All stars out on Spotify..  sounds interesting!  I love ska from all around the world, the mexicans do some good stuff. Recently ive been listening to some French ska...  suprisingly good....  they seem to 'get it'.  Just listening to massive album now...  very nice....  great blend .

OldBrownShoe

Interestingly the ageing trombonist and occasional singer Rico (Rodriguez) who played in/with at least one of the Two Tone groups, certainly The Specials, led his own group, recorded with the redoubtable Prince Buster amongst others, and Jazz Jamaica, and occasionly played with Georgie Fame and regularly plays with Jools Holland's band/orchestra.
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Badge out, laid off
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
l

mr-ska

Quote from: OldBrownShoe on September 04, 2012, 11:24:15 AM
Interestingly the ageing trombonist and occasional singer Rico (Rodriguez) who played in/with at least one of the Two Tone groups, certainly The Specials, led his own group, recorded with the redoubtable Prince Buster amongst others, and Jazz Jamaica, and occasionly played with Georgie Fame and regularly plays with Jools Holland's band/orchestra.
Yeah ive seen him playing with Jools Hollands band... he certainly must be knocking on abit know... Ive got one of his singles.. a version of Sea Cruise which id describe as 'interesting'

LRCN

Sheepskin Junior

Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

earlbeatty

I'm currently enjoying Hollie Cook's self named first album, a bit of a reggae feel about it and perfect for this wonderful Summer that we have been enjoying!!

EB

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel