more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

chariots of fire

Started by spikey norman, September 07, 2012, 02:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikey norman

i know this has nothing to do with football but it is fulham related kind of
read this week that the film chariots of fire might never had been made if it wasn't for MAF and his son dodi
producer david puttnam struggled to get any interest from film distributors to take the project on
he showed the script to dodi who in turn showed it to Mo - he loved it so financed  the making of the film while dodi went on to produce it
puttnam won oscar for best film and praised mo and dodi in his speech for everything thay had done

does anyone else have any non football fulham related trivia?

only other one that springs to mind is les barrett and his younger brother paul once brought out a single which i saw them perform on blue peter - i don't think it did very well and can't for the life of me remember what it was called

LBNo11

...'Julie Brown Loves Captain Cook'...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

spikey norman

thanks LBNo11 -  i wonder if anyone still has a copy of it

LBNo11

...no idea why this video features Willie Morgan on most of the pictures, but the song is Les Barrett singing:-

Les Barrett - Julie Brown Loves Captain Cook

You can buy it on the CD 'VIVA EL FULHAM' :-
https://mog.com/albums/mn12808173/various-artists/cherry-red-records-presents:-viva-el-fulham---fulham-f.c.-%2526-supporters

And before you ask - of course I do...

epsomraver

Quote from: spikey norman on September 07, 2012, 02:22:27 PM
thanks LBNo11 -  i wonder if anyone still has a copy of it

Sad to say my  Missus has, one of 300 copies,   the flip side is called "Love me" as Les :009: :009: was her heart throb and when she had the chance to dance with him at "Diddy David's disco new years night she was too shy but held his hand when Auld lang syne  came, she says hightlight of her younger days that and a kiss from Nick Cusack :009: :009:

LBNo11

...and here is Les and Paul recording the song at Chappell recording studios:-

spikey norman

cheers LBNo11 - that's brilliant - song and the picture of the brothers  - i remember valerie singleton on blue peter getting quite excited whilst watching les and paul singing and it was nothing to do with the song